Depression

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I’m on the butt pellet train. It’s good.

Extremely dumb and pointless procedure. You can easily increase testosterone by doing a few simple things. Significantly lowering sugar and high glycemic foods such as white bread/pizza etc. Getting a good amount of sunlight which increases vitamin D which is basically the single most important vitamin in regards to testosterone. Also, even light to moderate exercise as well as fasting can have a dramatic effect on testosterone levels. Best part? Zero negative side effects and aside from the eating healthier part, all of these things are literally 100% free of charge.

• 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Extremely dumb and pointless procedure. You can easily increase testosterone by doing a few simple things. Significantly lowering sugar and high glycemic foods such as white bread/pizza etc. Getting a good amount of sunlight which increases vitamin D which is basically the single most important vitamin in regards to testosterone. Also, even light to moderate exercise as well as fasting can have a dramatic effect on testosterone levels. Best part? Zero negative side effects and aside from the eating healthier part, all of these things are literally 100% free of charge.

Interesting. I did all of those things to extreme levels (except vitamin D, wasn’t “extreme” with that) and none of them increased my T levels close to the pellet. (To be fair here I didn’t get T specific tests during ketosis or during fasting, but in the years I had done those things. Maybe it skyrockets but it doesn’t stay there, and I’m not staying on keto and fasting for life, those are more like body refreshers to me)

I did feel better while exercising, during the fasting, and during ketosis, but my T levels didn’t change much.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How old do you have to be to get on this shit? Sounds pretty dope.

I don’t know, just go talk to a clinic that performs it. I’m guessing that the age doesn’t factor into when as much as whatever your T levels are. You get bloodwork done to find that out. Chances are if you’re 35 or over it’s going to be low enough you can do it. They also do different dosage amounts depending on your level so maybe younger guys get it done too.

Looking back retroactively I don’t think I needed it until I was 34/35. I lost my sharp concentration, memory, all day energy, and slept like shit. This was the same time we had my son so I attributed it all to that. It just never came back, even as he got older and demanded less attention. Guessing my T levels just crashed at the same time we had him.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
You need to step up to flavor country.. (Around 1300-1400). That's where I target and the differences are enormous.

I can tell you my story of this. After a string of medical issues my wife went through, and a few I went through, I was feeling generally depressed, down, tired all the time, libido at an all time low for me on top of it. This was in my mid 30's I was hearing all the ads on the radio about low-t, but I also figured them under the "those who sell the panic sell the pills" so I didn't trust them. I asked my Dr on my next check up that when she ran bloodwork to please check my T level. She obliged. It came back and I clocked in at a romp stomping 103. She said that was low, but not chronic. (I would later find out that apparently this is called Andropause).

I then looked at options. Insurance would cover creams that smelled horrible and stained your clothes, doing once or twice weekly intramuscular shots (which hurt, and 2 times a week?!?) But then wouldn't cover the pellet therapies. I looked at those as well. Once every 4-6 months, hour office visit and put an ice pack on the insertion location for a few hours after. I figured I would pay the out of pocket for the convenience. Initial load out took me to 900, and I felt like a guy 10 years younger. I've been pretty much doing it since, that was when I was 35, when I turned 50 I wanted to see if anythings biologically had changed so decided to stop.

Which brings me around to why I'd post about this in the depression thread...

Around 6 months later and mentally I kept thinking I wasn't doing that bad. But apparently that was not the case. People around me were noticing to the point that one of my best friends (who I work with) even poked at me about it some. They had dealt with a close friend of theirs up north who lost a battle with long term depression and killed themselves. They said I was acting just like he did for the year before he took his life. Asked me seriously if I had considered going to a therapist to see if I was suffering from depression. I'll admit I was in a serious "funk". Felt like everything was just "one more piece of crap on my life" for the most part, was having trouble focusing on anything really, lots of crap. Found myself asking myself questions like "Is this all there really is left for me in life?" at 51...

I go back in for the first time in over a year to get my level checked, it's down around 325. I throw money at the problem and tell them I want to target 1300. Three weeks later I still saw the things which upset or depressed me, but I no longer saw them as insurmountable, rather I saw them as problems I needed to go fix. My friend from work noticed at around the 3 week mark, and only then admitted that how she knew something was wrong was that I was acting like her when she was on her period.

And this doesn't even touch on how well it's helped me maintain good muscle tone and mass, that's a whole 'nother story....

So this might be completely my personal and anecdotal evidence, but hormone levels and getting them back to 18-20 year old Haus levels were apparently the key for me.

Took me from View attachment 295154 to View attachment 295155

yeah I couldn’t imagine how fucked I’d be with levels that high. Like I said, even at around 700 I feel disgusting— super oily skin, backne, and my scalp gets dermatitis. I honestly can’t do anything over 500 or so without breaking out like a teenager at 47. if 700 showed any improvement in sex drive it would be worth it, but it doesn’t unfortunately.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
yeah I couldn’t imagine how fucked I’d be with levels that high. Like I said, even at around 700 I feel disgusting— super oily skin, backne, and my scalp gets dermatitis. I honestly can’t do anything over 500 or so without breaking out like a teenager at 47. if 700 showed any improvement in sex drive it would be worth it, but it doesn’t unfortunately.
Tell them to go full Throttle. It is well worth it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Well if he goes full throttle and wants to start getting laid but now he can’t because he has pizza face and the women don’t want to what’s that going to do for his depression?

• 2Galaxy Brain
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

Unless you’ve had cystic acne and sebborheic dermatitis before I don’t think you fully understand the trade off. For whatever reason even moderately high T makes my oil glands go fucking nuts. The only saving grace is my face doesn’t break out but my back and scalp becomes disgusting. I’ve literally been waiting three months for the last dose of butt pellets to wear off because it was too much and only now is it finally starting to come down.

I am dumb as a rock but I swear I am getting smarter, and that's news I can live with.

I was trying to titrate down my paroxitine (Paxil) from 80mg daily. Had it down to 40 over a week because I think I have a Fungi or something and can regenerate mental health hp no problem. No I do not.

A few mild zap attacks yesterday. I started crying tears of joy and sorrow enjoying my postprandial cup of espresso today out on the back porch.

I thought about that last part for like 10 seconds, then went and took my 2 40mg tabs of Paxil. I'm getting faster at spotting when I'm apparently contemplating toying with full retard.

Those ssri's and ssnri's. They own your synapses eventually. If you need the drug, you can think and operate pretty fine (and by operate I do mean, operate) it's the totally uncool side effects that are the bitch.

I'll take the "be careful with the T" position. My brother was a well-paid personal trainer and then marine and I just know, he had to have done some steroids. He was genuinely a super hard ass worker, very careful about diet, so I'm sure he was mostly honest. But I bet he did some T, maybe some other stuff time to time.

He is doing great. But anything involving injections? If you are in mental distress -- and that's just a fact in life, sometimes, that's this thread -- I would steer clear of anything that gets you comfortable with self-medding drugs into your system. Trustworthy p-docs are a must, if you are 1) not the best mentally and 2) considering something involving meds. Got to be careful about self-medding. Some can do it! But the risks... The risks are what makes me a "no" on T unless a doctor advises.

And ALL your doctors should be told, "I am currently dealing with some MH issues as well." That is for your protection, always tell a doctor everything. That's "I will sue your fucking ass" 101 for patients.

Try to get to your baseline ok first

Last edited:
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
There are no T treatments that are self administered. Even the shots require you to come in every week or two. Butt pellets are a surgical injection. So no self dosing ever. 500 is on the low end of normal. I'm like Haus Haus in that without pellets my natural T levels are extremely low. About 100. When it's that low I feel like shit all the time and am almost as miserable as Mist. When I get my pellets put in I feel a palpable increase in energy levels and positivity and productivity.

Frenzied Wombat Frenzied Wombat you are the jewiest jew I have ever met. Maybe you should talk to a jewish urologist for suggestions on how to get your T levels pumped up without the side effects? Or maybe see an endocrinologist or dermatologist?

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I've never had any depression or mental health issues serious enough to pursue measures beyond a little counseling, but I have family and friends that take medication.

I came across this JRE episode and really enjoyed it. Enough so that I picked up the audiobook. I thought it was really great, worth at least listening to the podcast.

Lost Connections

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I will echo the sentiment that SSRI's are a far more serious drug then I was led to believe. I was prescribed 10 mg of Escitalopram, which is a pretty small/mild dose. I've been on them for just over a year now, and the drop in sex drive was almost immediate. I definitely noticed it within the first week. I have tried to ween myself off them twice now within the year, both times I have been unsuccessful. The first time I just stopped taking them when my prescription expired, and that did not go well. The 2nd time, I took half a dose for 2 months before stopping.

Both times when I stopped, I would get weird headaches for the first 2 weeks. They felt similar to when you stand up too quickly and feel a bit dizzy. I would essentially have that feeling all the time for about 2 weeks. This was annoying but manageable. Unfortunately, after that you start getting flooded with the anxiety that you used to feel. At least, that is what happened for me. The 2nd time around I was expecting this, and made it a bit longer, but eventually it was just too much. I wouldn't go as far as to say I was suicidal, but most days I did not want to live. I made it about 5 weeks the 2nd time around before I went back on the SSRI.

Anxiety is interesting, but incredibly frustrating. I know I am feeling anxious, and logically I can try to tell myself that and reason it out. It makes sense, I understand it, I shouldn't feel anxious. The anxieties I have are silly. But even telling myself this, and convincing myself of it, I can't seem to convince my brain that this is true, because 2 minutes later I am getting the same feeling. It's just fighting an internal battle all day and constantly losing.

The reason I was trying to ween myself off the drug was to get my sex drive back. Both times I tried going off the drug, I never felt any different in terms of sex drive. I admit the farthest I got was only 5 weeks the 2nd time, so maybe it takes longer. The drug makes things much more manageable. I actually feel ok most days. It keeps most of the negative thoughts at bay, or at least keeps them from lingering. So the trade-off for now is a price I'm willing to pay.

In the future I might try to look at therapy the next time I try to get off the drug. Maybe I will look into fasting. I have been getting back into running, and I think that has been helping a bit. SSRI's have been effective for me, but had I known the side effects, I probably would have tried a few other options first before resorting to them.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Honestly there's a lot to be said for cognitive behavioral therapy + positive thinking (learned optimism) + reframing situations. Sounds cheesy but learned optimism worked well for me when I practiced it, as i tend to be a naturally more pessimistic person. Check out the book on it, fascinating read.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Being told "fake it until you make it" made me want to put in a gun my mouth more than most things I was ever told.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider

Right; the guy in that video upped his T with fasting. Guys prob on twice the amount of test they’d give you for TRT

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Right; the guy in that video upped his T with fasting. Guys prob on twice the amount of test they’d give you for TRT
If you see it on youtube, it’s true. For everyone. Here is a cat walking on tin foil. He’s not depressed. You should probably walk on tin foil too.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

If you watched the video, the evidence has nothing to do with him personally other than him just relaying the science.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have found mindfulness meditation to be a huge help in managing anxiety. The nature of thought is not what we assume it to be in that we don’t author our thoughts or control what we think. Thoughts appear and then they disappear all on their own. Managing your relationship and expectations with the thoughts that come and go is crucial. The more one pays attention, the more one will realize that they don’t have to associate with what is thought or felt.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users