Depression

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Is this still the main butt pellet thread or is there a thread that's more geared towards butt pellet talk? Synj Synj ? Amod Amod ?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is this still the main butt pellet thread or is there a thread that's more geared towards butt pellet talk? Synj Synj ? Amod Amod ?
There isn’t a butt pellet thread that I remember but there probably should be. There’s a lot of butt bros on here. I’m sure the bb.com people would be into it too.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I have Covid, both my kids and my wife have it. They all got vaxxed, I did not.

I am not sure I am going to be free of the contagious period by monday on which my mother in law is being put to sleep (MAID, Medical Assistance In Dying) due to her advanced Alzheimer's so I may not be able to be there to support my wife.

Rest of my family is over the covid, I still have stomach issues, mild fever, slight sore throat, and fatigue.

I am absolutely devastated that she is going to have to go through that alone.

I wish I had gotten vaxxed.

I chose the wrong fear.

I just keep letting her down.
I don't get it, if the mother in law was being put to rest anyway, who cares if you have covid? What are you going to do, give it to her?

I know, I know, you probably can't go to the facility... just spitballing here. Isn't there a way a staff member who has already had covid can attend to you guys?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Totally don't get the butt pellet thing, just inject T if you want. Those pellets are fucking stupid.
Convenience and more stable from what I’ve read. Shots only last a few weeks versus pellets lasting 4-5 months. Shots also spike/peak where pellets are a steady release.

• 1Truth!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here 40+ taking some T? I am 46 and I am strongly considering it.

• 1Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Convenience and more stable from what I’ve read. Shots only last a few weeks versus pellets lasting 4-5 months. Shots also spike/peak where pellets are a steady release.
I don't think thats correct, I think it's reverse. The pellets spike your levels very high at first and trail off until you replace it. The shots (depending on how often you do it) have a much shorter peak/trough. You also don't need to see the doctor and get cut, which is a plus. I guess as long as the T gets in you, who cares, but I think pellets are strictly inferior.

Synj Synj can probably verify or tell me I'm full of shit, I don't know.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Anyone here 40+ taking some T? I am 46 and I am strongly considering it.

I've seen Synj Synj 's posts here for years on the topic, he works for one of the TRT clinics as is my understanding. So I was vaguely aware of it for 5 years, maybe a it longer than that. I'm 41 now and really started hitting a wall about 2 years ago. Tired all the time, regular brain fog, low motivation, working out sucked. In fact, all physical activity sucked. I was still pushing myself at my job and running my business but I was really struggling working just over 40 hours a week. Working out, engaging in hobbies or doing anything else outside of work felt like a real chore. 15 years earlier, I was knocking out 60-80 hour work weeks no problem.

Anyways, I had a PCP run a T test back in May, I clocked in at low 200s. I started looking up TRT clinics and went to a doctor who was trained under Neal Rouzier, who is a MD that teaches classes on it and does speaking engagements. My labs came back today and my T is at 175, doc says he wants me at 1500. Vitamin D is at 33, he said he wanted me at 100. This one surprised me since I work outside around the house at least a few times a week in the sun and occasionally take supplements for it. DHEA is at 175, he said he wanted to get me to 400-600. T3 (thyroid) is at 3.0, said he wants to get me to 4.4.

I talked to him about his experience and he said he's been doing it for 15 years (He's in his mid 50s), said it was a life changer for him.

So we'll see how it goes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I don't think thats correct, I think it's reverse. The pellets spike your levels very high at first and trail off until you replace it. The shots (depending on how often you do it) have a much shorter peak/trough. You also don't need to see the doctor and get cut, which is a plus. I guess as long as the T gets in you, who cares, but I think pellets are strictly inferior.

My doc said that pellets are a bad idea in the beginning because you might need to recalibrate the dosage frequently until you get the right levels, but once you figure it out, he said he didn't think pellets were a bad thing. Problem with pellets is that whatever dosage get inserted, you're stuck with it for 3 months and cant recalibrate.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I don’t have time right now but I prefer pellets for many reasons. I use them and I also do the procedure for a ton of patients. I’ll get into it more when I have chance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I've seen Synj Synj 's posts here for years on the topic, he works for one of the TRT clinics as is my understanding. So I was vaguely aware of it for 5 years, maybe a it longer than that. I'm 41 now and really started hitting a wall about 2 years ago. Tired all the time, regular brain fog, low motivation, working out sucked. In fact, all physical activity sucked. I was still pushing myself at my job and running my business but I was really struggling working just over 40 hours a week. Working out, engaging in hobbies or doing anything else outside of work felt like a real chore. 15 years earlier, I was knocking out 60-80 hour work weeks no problem.

Anyways, I had a PCP run a T test back in May, I clocked in at low 200s. I started looking up TRT clinics and went to a doctor who was trained under Neal Rouzier, who is a MD that teaches classes on it and does speaking engagements. My labs came back today and my T is at 175, doc says he wants me at 1500. Vitamin D is at 33, he said he wanted me at 100. This one surprised me since I work outside around the house at least a few times a week in the sun and occasionally take supplements for it. DHEA is at 175, he said he wanted to get me to 400-600. T3 (thyroid) is at 3.0, said he wants to get me to 4.4.

I talked to him about his experience and he said he's been doing it for 15 years (He's in his mid 50s), said it was a life changer for him.

So we'll see how it goes.
1500? Da fuk.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I think it will be great for shitposting.
I dont know if this board can take that much shitposting.

I am considering TRT as well. My workouts blow dick lately and take noticably longer to recover from.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Not sure what this means. I haven't been diagnosed with depression, but I did have a random panic attack a couple of years ago, which led into a period vague anxiety/dread. It was really strange how it came out of nowhere but the doc put me on an SSRI, which reduced those symptoms that had arisen. It also seemed to reduce irritability and a produced a drop in BP.

Anyway, reading this, now I am wondering if getting off the pills is something I should discuss with the doc. He said he'd work with me to stop them if and when I ever wanted but preferably not going into or in the middle of Winter. Just one article about one study but something to keep an eye on. I know there can be a relationship between depression and GAD.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure what this means. I haven't been diagnosed with depression, but I did have a random panic attack a couple of years ago, which led into a period vague anxiety/dread. It was really strange how it came out of nowhere but the doc put me on an SSRI, which reduced those symptoms that had arisen. It also seemed to reduce irritability and a produced a drop in BP.

Anyway, reading this, now I am wondering if getting off the pills is something I should discuss with the doc. He said he'd work with me to stop them if and when I ever wanted but preferably not going into or in the middle of Winter. Just one article about one study but something to keep an eye on. I know there can be a relationship between depression and GAD.

I had a talk with a friend about this study, and it seems to me what it's saying is that SSRI's may help depression temporarily, but lower serotonin levels aren't the cause of depression since serum serotonin levels don't correlate with depression among different individuals. So raising serum serotonin may help with depression, but it isn't the cause.

The interesting thing is that its also saying that your brain adapts to the higher serotonin levels produced by SSRI's, so the effect seems temporary. Seems like you should view SSRI's as a bridge, take them for a few months when a bad event happens but then try to get off of them. The side effects from SSRI's long term are bad in any event, you don't want any of that.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The side effects from SSRI's long term are bad in any event, you don't want any of that.

I haven't seen much about long-term side effects. I'll do some research on that. My doctor made them sound pretty safe. Only thing I noticed was that I was a little twitchy when I first got on them and it felt like I had a condom on when I was having sex. Thankfully that went away.