Desktop Computers

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Suppose I could always just upgrade the PS pretty easily. Here is my alternate. Not sure about the processor, but everything else looks decent- and better case/. Chronos - SkyTech Gaming

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Suppose I could always just upgrade the PS pretty easily. Here is my alternate. Not sure about the processor, but everything else looks decent- and better case/. Chronos - SkyTech Gaming

This one looks better to me at first glance. Better GPU but worse CPU. People more familiar with the current gen of CPU's can hopefully pipe up and speak to how much a difference it will be

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Is 16 gig of ram enough these days, or should I look at 32?

Intel processors? There's too many series that mean jack shit to me. I see people still buying older i5/i7 stuff, while I just went straight to i9. Is there any point? (I don't want to OC at all, just play games)

Looking at some custom system sites, and FFS there's too many options LOL

ver_21

Molten Core Raider

Here's a pcpartspicker equivalent: System Builder

PCPartPicker Part List: System Builder

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor ($159.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Team GX2 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Rosewill CULLINAN V500 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($71.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1007.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-29 14:31 EST-0500

The only thing I really think is fair about that build is the 2070 Super--you are getting inferior RAM, CPU, mobo, etc--and even then you could argue that a 5700XT is the best bang-for-buck for everything up to a 2080.

With a little tweaking, you could go with this: System Builder

I think the price difference is worth the better parts.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here's a pcpartspicker equivalent: System Builder

The only thing I really think is fair about that build is the 2070 Super--you are getting inferior RAM, CPU, mobo, etc--and even then you could argue that a 5700XT is the best bang-for-buck for everything up to a 2080.

With a little tweaking, you could go with this: System Builder

I think the price difference is worth the better parts.

Mind relinking the second build? Doesn't seem to work (first one does though). What a great site btw (system builder).

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Mind relinking the second build? Doesn't seem to work (first one does though). What a great site btw (system builder).

no problem

PCPartPicker Part List: System Builder

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card ($469.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.95 @ Walmart)
Total: $1204.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-29 14:31 EST-0500

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Intel processors? There's too many series that mean jack shit to me. I see people still buying older i5/i7 stuff, while I just went straight to i9. Is there any point? (I don't want to OC at all, just play games)

honestly 8g is enough now, but of course 16gb will be amazing cuz also ram prices are st00pid, 32gb would only see benefits in the usual ram task oriented apps like large excel, editing, etc.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is there like a smart looking (i said looking), pretty girl that doesn't sound like shes reading off a que card for tech reviews yet? jesus christ its so faggy everytime he tucks his locks behind his ears.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
is there like a smart looking (i said looking), pretty girl that doesn't sound like shes reading off a que card for tech reviews yet? jesus christ its so faggy everytime he tucks his locks behind his ears.

Linus

• 1Worf

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
is there an American version?

Not at the consumer level. Lisa Su (AMD), Roanne Sones (Microsoft), and Natalya Tatarchuk (Unity) are all pretty awesome to listen to at tech conferences, though.

I know...not eye candy, and not your average consumer level reviewer. But they know what they are talking about.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
any comments on this?

I like CyberPower , but the default of having all the categories expanded makes figuring that shit out pure AIDS!!

Once I minimized all the categories it seemed easier to look at the build.

I don't like that they don't offer EVGA power supplies, I'd never go with anything but a Samsung hard drive, and there are better deals in the video card side. Going to the ASUS ROG Strix actually saves money versus some no name card? Also, no reason at all for 32gb of RAM, and just save money and go 16gb.

Fucker

Log Wizard

If you don't know how much ram you need, get 16.

Fucker

Log Wizard
honestly 8g is enough now, but of course 16gb will be amazing cuz also ram prices are st00pid, 32gb would only see benefits in the usual ram task oriented apps like large excel, editing, etc.

8 isn't enough unless all you do is have one browser tab open.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I would go 32gb for sure right now. It might not be necessary yet, but the price is ridiculous and you don't want to deal with trying to match RAM later on.

Currently I'm at 13.7GB of 32GB used. WoW, Discord, Steam, Battle.net, and two Firefox's with a total of 16 tabs. Exceeding 16GB's is right around the corner.

• 1Like