Desktop Computers

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Got the new system up and running today. Took about a hour with my kid helping. Not too bad. Now to install all this shit back on my drive, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
LOL I actually have that playing right now.

So I was looking at Ebay for 4790ks to see if I could squeeze some extra performance out of my computer since Im on a 4690k. Fucking things are all $200+. Ridiculous a 4+ year old cpu is that much.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Walmart sourced from China and most likely assembled in China. Color me shocked it turned out to be extemely cheap.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Walmart sourced from China and most likely assembled in China. Color me shocked it turned out to be extemely cheap.
That's fine and all, the real problem is the price is greater than almost anywhere else you can buy from AND they used the cheapest parts available. There is 0 reason to buy from Walmart.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like the guy said in the video , I hope this scam doesn’t essentially fool unknowledgeable and possibly poor folks who tend to shop with Walmart. I was eyeing their gaming laptops in case they get a big discount for the holidays, but after this video can’t say I’m surprised at this result. Even a big sale wouldn’t make the risk worth it

Achaeus

Trakanon Raider
Well, with all the deals this weekend, I broke down and ordered myself the parts for a new PC. I will provide pictures and build once it all arrives in a week.

Full Asus 9900k Build

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Won a 1080ti on ebay, will arrive the same day my wife's C-Section is scheduled. What's the best way to break it to my wife that I won't be able to make it?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Got my RMA replacement Asrock board back yesterday. 5 min to plug components back in and stuff things back in box, install from on nvme and sata drives booted fine and everything working great.
Well, with all the deals this weekend, I broke down and ordered myself the parts for a new PC. I will provide pictures and build once it all arrives in a week.

Full Asus 9900k Build
*cough*.... *sniff* awesome. The price of that 2080TI makes my eyes bleed but that thing will smoke hehe. Should a blast to play anything, what monitor you piping that behemoth to?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Full Asus 9900k Build
Yea, grats I guess?

I feel for half the cost, you could get a build within 10-20% of the same performance? Am I way off here guys?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yea, grats I guess?

I feel for half the cost, you could get a build within 10-20% of the same performance? Am I way off here guys?
Well from a gaming standpoint a lot of it is overkill.

No need for 32gb of memory, no need for a 1200watt platinum psu, can get an equally performing aio for half that, Im assuming cheaper options for mobos than that one etc. Swap all that out and performance is still the same.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Won a 1080ti on ebay, will arrive the same day my wife's C-Section is scheduled. What's the best way to break it to my wife that I won't be able to make it?

For anyone else on the hunt!

Search "1080ti" on ebay, search by "ending soonest" looking for ones under $600, ~$650-700 if you want seller to "Accept Returns" that's up to you.

No need for 32gb of memory, no need for a 1200watt platinum psu, can get an equally performing aio for half that, Im assuming cheaper options for mobos than that one etc. Swap all that out and performance is still the same.

I got 32GB when I redid my system in august just to future proof. Expanding RAM later on can be a pain in the ass with non-matching sticks. However, that RAM you got is garbage at that price, PC3600 with CAS17. I would swap for a kit of PC3200 CAS14 if you must spend a lot. I went with PC3200 CAS15, cuz meh.

That PSU is ridiculous, an ~800W would be fine. Unless your doing LN2 overclocking, the Gigabyte Elite/Ultra/Master are fantastic mobos from 170-250. 450 is retarded.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user