Desktop Computers

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They haven't gone through review processes yet to verify their claims AFAIK. Believing a single thing a monitor company says until it's been verified is a good way to get scammed.

I'll believe it when tftcentral confirms it

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So I bought a desktop PC from someone whom I work with, and lately, whenever there a big vibration, like I stamped my foot the other day while watching UFC, the computer will just shut off. Any suggestions on the best way to go about troubleshooting this issue?
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah 3K for a monitor is some crazy shit, lol.

$2000 seems to be the price for most of the actually good monitors coming out such as that one, and that's not to mention the $4000 BFGD's. It will be a fair number of years until a lot of their features trickle down to enthusiast displays let alone budget ones. There are some low end models that skip the things that require HDR1000 certification that almost halves the price of the unit though. For example, if you know of the 27" HDR1000 4k 144hz monitor that ASUS put out last year that runs for $2k, there's a model that has pretty much everything other than the FALD and HDR and that sells for around 40-50% less.

The question really boils down to is whether or not missing out on one or two of the premium features is worth the same as an entire PC.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dude you play wow and ffxiv with graphics from the early 2Ks on your super ultra hd mega hertzes monitors?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Alright so 1440p, 144hz, 1ms response time (is this overkill or good?), and then as far as HDR goes. HDR 400 is basically crap right? Want it to be at least HDR 600?

I have a pair of these and they are pretty baller:
144hz and can OC to 165hz. IPS. 1440p. Get some.

EDIT: idk whats wrong with the link but the model is ASUS PG279QZ

Argarth

On the verandah
Fascinating and important read on Ryzen CPUs for existing owners (2700x here) and those about to buy.

EDIT: So here's mine, idling at the desktop. Perfectly normal according to that article. A little unusual to look at given my last CPU was a 2600K. =P
(HWINFO running for the last couple of hours)

Last edited: