Desktop Computers

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Probably not nearly as much as going from platter to SSD. Maybe 1-2 seconds if that? Depending on game and or map youre loading? But still I would get the best your money can buy.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rocking a and its pretty legit. SUPER easy to work in and crazy roomy.
Yea, except I would consider that still just a tower. A good tower, and very functional, but still a tower. Sounds like he kind of wants to go with a ITX case, where it's just a big square, or some other unique form factor, and I get that. It can be fun to tinker with this shit!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yea, except I would consider that still just a tower. A good tower, and very functional, but still a tower. Sounds like he kind of wants to go with a ITX case, where it's just a big square, or some other unique form factor, and I get that. It can be fun to tinker with this shit!

I want a full size case that sits flat and has horizontal motherboard placement. If I have to pull out my tower again to fix something, I'm going to shoot someone. I like the one I linked, but I was wondering if there's something along the same lines, but more modern.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I want a full size case that sits flat and has horizontal motherboard placement. If I have to pull out my tower again to fix something, I'm going to shoot someone. I like the one I linked, but I was wondering if there's something along the same lines, but more modern.
we had those back in the 80s, they were called desktops...

but no really most full size cases now adays will be towers b/c modern airflow is to draw air in from the front and bottom and expell to top and back.

the reason why the monstrosity you linked looks like a milk crate
416VfdrDrBL._SY355_.jpg

is b/c the old desktop design is starving for airflow.

• 1Solidarity

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ooops yeah missed the "tired of towers". Still an awesome case though =P. TBH if i wasn't going with a tower I'd have to do some crazy custom wall mounted shit or something.

Fucker

Log Wizard
That thing is pretty huge, gonna need a big desk for it. It's footprint will be bigger than a tower being a cube. Assuming you want it up on your desk.

I have a 17x17 table next to my desk that it will fit perfectly on.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
How about this?

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How good are "build" service sites now? I really can't be bothered to fuck with building a PC anymore(both because work is so busy and freetime is limited, but also because I'm getting too old to deal with the frustrations of tinkering with why shit isn't booting, posting, etc.). Are they still overpriced as hell, like back in the Alienware days?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
How good are "build" service sites now? I really can't be bothered to fuck with building a PC anymore(both because work is so busy and freetime is limited, but also because I'm getting too old to deal with the frustrations of tinkering with why shit isn't booting, posting, etc.). Are they still overpriced as hell, like back in the Alienware days?

They are great, just make sure you double check the parts like not getting a weird power supply or something. Its all the same shit now. Just depends on how much you want to spend. 1700 can get you a pretty fucking top tier computer that will last a long ass time.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Fantastic. For like a couple hundred more bucks, build, warranties and shit etc.