Desktop Computers

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
do you have a weight lifting belt lying around? i know you lift bro!!! strap it on and see if it shifts your position, there are tons of differing lumbar support devices out there from lumbar belts to adding lumbar support of different shapes.
I'll give it a shot. Somehow my sitting position has shifted to be right on my tailbone so after a few hours it hurts, and standing up and walking around relieves it for a bit.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
This is the shitty situation to be in where you have good enough and totally functional but not quite perfect but you can't justify spending another few hundred bucks to make it perfect.

Monitor is fine, but a TN panel and not Vesa native mountable. Desk is a cheap piece of shit from Office Depot that has moved twice, so it's holding together with some extra hardware from Home Depot, and my chair is a Verta Gear big boy chair, that isn't comfortable past a couple hours.

If I can get some lumbar support going for my chair, maybe that'll improve tailbone pain per Lanx Lanx suggestion and that'll make the whole thing much more workable.

When I bought a Purple mattress, they sent a free seat cushion. I tried it on my shitty office chair and it was a game changer. Having broke my ass years back, sitting even with a cushion was not comfortable after a few hours. With the Purple seat cushion it’s like I had a new, better chair.

The mattress was awesome too for my ankle. All other mattresses I would have ankle pain just lying in bed. The first night, after only an hour, I was already noticing how my ankle wasn’t feeling like it was constantly uncomfortable.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'll give it a shot. Somehow my sitting position has shifted to be right on my tailbone so after a few hours it hurts, and standing up and walking around relieves it for a bit.
they basically make a hemmorhoid seat but for the tailbone and more ergonomic
dc856643a44a98bf5deaa73f683226c9.png

SOFTaCARE Seat Cushion Coccyx Orthopedic Memory Foam and Lumbar Support Pillow, Set of 2, Dark Gray

just go searching on amazon

Fucker

Log Wizard
When I bought a Purple mattress, they sent a free seat cushion. I tried it on my shitty office chair and it was a game changer. Having broke my ass years back, sitting even with a cushion was not comfortable after a few hours. With the Purple seat cushion it’s like I had a new, better chair.

The mattress was awesome too for my ankle. All other mattresses I would have ankle pain just lying in bed. The first night, after only an hour, I was already noticing how my ankle wasn’t feeling like it was constantly uncomfortable.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
A forum member from years past, Navare I think, guy who was in Tony Tango, did some YouTube videos for Purple. I don’t know if he was the Sasquatch, but he could be!

I'm thinking it was Naerik

EDIT: not sure it's him...just that I think you're thinking of Maxx/Naerik.

Last edited:

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I have been deliberating over a new PC for the next generation of games Cyberpunk, New Elder Scrolls etc. My last system is pushing 10 years old, and was hoping to build a system to get another long run like that. ( I did upgrade the graphics card to a 970 when it came out about 4 or so years ago i think. )

I have never build before and despite everyone saying how easy it is I am extremely hesitant about building from scratch. This is what I have assembled so far, if anything sticks out or is stupid to buy let me know, as I don't have a lot of experience.

PCPartPicker Part List: System Builder

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($309.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Thermal Compound: Noctua NT-H1 3.5 g Thermal Paste ($7.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER ATX AM4 Motherboard ($349.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($174.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($197.48 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($753.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case ($135.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($132.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($106.99 @ Other World Computing)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap 54.97 CFM 120 mm Fan ($22.90 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap 54.97 CFM 120 mm Fan ($22.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $2451.07

I have also shopped Digital Storm, Origin PC, and CyberpowerPC, getting 3+ year warranties / every thing assembled for as near identical builds as possible runs like

Digital Storm = $4100 OriginPC = $3746 and CyberpowerPC = $3225

Is the warranty / more experienced builders / burn in testing / OC / cable management / etc worth the extra cost?

Fucker

Log Wizard
So I have been deliberating over a new PC for the next generation of games Cyberpunk, New Elder Scrolls etc. My last system is pushing 10 years old, and was hoping to build a system to get another long run like that. ( I did upgrade the graphics card to a 970 when it came out about 4 or so years ago i think. )

I have never build before and despite everyone saying how easy it is I am extremely hesitant about building from scratch. This is what I have assembled so far, if anything sticks out or is stupid to buy let me know, as I don't have a lot of experience.

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($174.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($197.48 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($753.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($132.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($106.99 @ Other World Computing)

I have also shopped Digital Storm, Origin PC, and CyberpowerPC, getting 3+ year warranties / every thing assembled for as near identical builds as possible runs like

Is the warranty / more experienced builders / burn in testing / OC / cable management / etc worth the extra cost?

Skip the liquid cooler and get a Noctua. Skip the thermal paste. You don't really need a top end motherboard. Standard DDR4 16gb is fine. Get a $5 Windows 10 key from Ebay. $440 saved right there that you can put towards a good monitor.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

$2400 is kinda fine for that but you will also need 1 or 2 monitors for this fucking thing. Those can add quite a bit more to the tab... do you just want to blow 5 grand for a sweet ass computer or do you kinda not need so much?

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have a 27" Dell 1440p IPS monitor currently. I have never really used 2 monitors before, and perhaps that would be on the horizon. However at this time I would probably skip purchasing another monitor. I wasn't familiar with $5 windows keys on ebay, definitely sounds like an easy way to save $100. I was told to get a 570x board as the 450 iirc required a previous gen ryzen cpu to update the bios to work with the R7 and up. I just went with one that was well rated and seemed to be in the middle of the pack dollar wise. The top end 570 boards seemed to be pushing $5-600 or so.

As for the liquid cooler, I guess its an aesthetic choice,I read a lot about the noctua how absolutely massive they are / how much of a pain they are to install compared to how easy it seemed the AIO was to install / how easy they are to work around. If this is all false and the noctua is a better product easy enough for a novice to install then sure I can go that route.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
I have a 27" Dell 1440p IPS monitor currently. I have never really used 2 monitors before, and perhaps that would be on the horizon. However at this time I would probably skip purchasing another monitor. I wasn't familiar with $5 windows keys on ebay, definitely sounds like an easy way to save $100. I was told to get a 570x board as the 450 iirc required a previous gen ryzen cpu to update the bios to work with the R7 and up. I just went with one that was well rated and seemed to be in the middle of the pack dollar wise. The top end 570 boards seemed to be pushing $5-600 or so.

As for the liquid cooler, I guess its an aesthetic choice,I read a lot about the noctua how absolutely massive they are / how much of a pain they are to install compared to how easy it seemed the AIO was to install / how easy they are to work around. If this is all false and the noctua is a better product easy enough for a novice to install then sure I can go that route.

You can get a good x570 board for $160. Water coolers are easier to work around. The Noctua is a BEAST and blocks ram slots and makes working around it a pain. Water cooler in that case you want is out of the way. It's certainly not a bad way to go if you hate fiddling with things.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

Alt-tab'in is for assholes, just get another monitor with your nearly very top of the line gfx card

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah dude, overkill city. You build your own to save cash, not to make a Origin PC clone. And also 2 monitors is a must. I usedd to think the same way until I got my second. Like right now im watching Expanse on one, and typing shit on the other here. Even better when you play games.