Desktop Computers

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
New Kingston Hyper X cherry red keyboard arrived and it's working out well. Only problem is that it has red LED's, and I'm used to blue. I had to change all my other LED's to red to match, and It has me all fucked up and feeling weird about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Argarth

On the verandah
I like my wired g502.

Those charging mouse pads, if they didn't suck, would be the only reason I could do wireless.

I've had the G502 Lightspeed (wireless) for a few months now, and only recharge it every 3 or 4 weeks, constant heavy usage. Even from nearly flat, it's full again in under 2 hours.

Must say, the new super-floppy cord is a huge improvement over the old stiff rubber ones - so hardly distracting even while it's charging, but I'm done with wired mice forever.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Some new GPU benchmark, rumor is it's an upcoming card.

Smashes the 2080ti

So says article I saw earlier

Oldbased

> Than U
So glad I didn't get the x5700xt and went with the 2060 super at the time. Wish now I had spent a few hundred more on a 2070 super but its fine.
Sadly looks like I may have to return my MSI27CQ. I love the monitor but it only goes to sleep mode half the time and wakes up half the time. Hitting power fixes it every time but it goes into sleep like the other monitors shuts down then turns back on to a illuminated black screen. I wouldn't care other than it is drawing 50 watts doing this and MSI said it needs flashed and can only be done at factory so return it and buy another one except returning it means taking it back to store, then ordering a new one. I've seen multiple reviews with people saying same issue so must have been a odd batch.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Some new GPU benchmark, rumor is it's an upcoming card.

Smashes the 2080ti

So says article I saw earlier

Pretty much guaranteed to be from the upcoming Nvidia cards. 30% is actually not really a good sign. The move down to 7nm should be more significant than that. I'm sure it will improve through refinements over the next 6 months, but anything less than a 40% increase is a letdown in my book.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
can anyone recommend a nice gsync 27 inch 2k monitor for under 500? i haven't shopped for one in years and i have to admit i'm a little lost. in no rush in case there's something on the horizon. have a 2070 on the way. thank you in advance!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I know most people here are probably running 120+hz monitors at this point, but for anyone still on 60....

I recently bought a Dell G7 laptop with a 60hz display, so that I could have something to play games with at my fiance's place and work. My intention was to hook it up to my 144hz monitor at her place, but quickly realized the laptop only had a miniDP output and the monitor only has a DP input. I wasnt able to find a miniDP to DP cable locally, so I have been running at 60hz in the meantime.

I figured the difference in a game like DotA wouldnt be that bad, but dear God going back to 60hz is soooo jarring. I know Im stating the obvious that better tech is obviously better, but man the performance results are so much more obvious when you go backwards rather than forwards.

TLDR if you are still running 60hz monitors, stop.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, this is why I dont even wanna see the games I play at 120+hz. Because of $$, Ill stay dumb and ignorant with my 60hz monitors, thanks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Bought an 860 Evo from Amazon. It came and had clearly been opened and returned. I wasn't buying used or anything. What's the procedure on something like this?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Bought an 860 Evo from Amazon. It came and had clearly been opened and returned. I wasn't buying used or anything. What's the procedure on something like this?

Fall down wailing and result to suicide or initiate a return from Amazon's easy to use internet website interface?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Amazon is super good about returns, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.

I bought something earlier this week and the product was outside of the box that was inside the amazon box. It looked like someone at the post office opened it

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
can anyone recommend a nice gsync 27 inch 2k monitor for under 500? i haven't shopped for one in years and i have to admit i'm a little lost. in no rush in case there's something on the horizon. have a 2070 on the way. thank you in advance!
This is a little too vague a request to give a suggestion. What are you going to be using it for, what games etc... And would you prefer it to be on the low end or high end of that budget range?

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
thanks for replying, sorry for being vague - mostly mmos. black desert, etc. looking at ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ right now. i just didn't want to miss anything obviously better in the same price point or on the horizon. thank you!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
thanks for replying, sorry for being vague - mostly mmos. black desert, etc. looking at ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ right now. i just didn't want to miss anything obviously better in the same price point or on the horizon. thank you!
That's actually a great choice and one I'd recommend. The only other one I'd suggest looking at to compare against that would be the 27gl850, or the 27gl83a

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
awesome, thank you again, i was actually looking at the 850 but i can't find it anywhere!

The 850 only really gets you a wide colour gamut, which you don't need unless you do colour critical work. The 83a gets you the same fast responsiveness for a much lower price. Keep in mind that both monitors have really shit-poor contrast though, so might be annoying if you play a lot of dark-lit games.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Came out not bad. Thanks for all the help! Ignore the mess been having trouble with my herniated disc.

20200114_175534.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users