Desktop Computers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have experience (recent) with pre built systems? Looking to buy one for @$1500, but don't know of a good company.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Wait for an Xbox X for more power and save a grand? Suprised you don't have an afternoon to assemble a pc right now.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My plan is to build a 3800x or 3900x system this black Friday while they are on fire sale.
Assuming Corona hasnt fucked things up too bad by November the Ryzen 4000 desktop series will be out which should give 15% or so more performance than the 3000 series.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Assuming Corona hasnt fucked things up too bad by November the Ryzen 4000 desktop series will be out which should give 15% or so more performance than the 3000 series.

I know, and we'll see what the real numbers are. I don't think they won't hit the IPC increase or anything, but I find the 3000 series very attractive at the top end since they are very well binned and you don't have to worry about overclocking at all. I also like the idea of getting a 3900X for less than $300, but I am not desperately in need of a new PC so I can wait and see what the numbers look like once 4000 is released. I also get to see all the new GPUs and how they perform before deciding on which one to go with there, too.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Drove 90 min to microcenter to buy the Acer Predator X35, get home and the OSD menu button is broken.
Mfer.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They have a wait outside in the cold as they limit it to 20 people in store. So im dreading returning it and sitting out there again, it was also the last one they had and its annoying to pay 1800 for a monitor and have such an annoying little piece broken.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1800 for a monitor. Wow, does it come with a stripper and blowjob? I paid 200 for my 32 ips 1440p.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I already got the refund, however I did play with it on Destiny 2 and it’s a gorgeous experience. I may have to find another elsewhere, I see the Asus variant but it’s hundreds more and I can’t really see why.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I already got the refund, however I did play with it on Destiny 2 and it’s a gorgeous experience. I may have to find another elsewhere, I see the Asus variant but it’s hundreds more and I can’t really see why.
Probably for the working OSD

• 2Worf

gak

<Gold Donor>
amd.gif

AMD’s GPU IP Stolen, Includes RDNA 2 Navi 21, RDNA 1 Navi 10 & Xbox Series X ‘Adren’ GPU – Hacker Threatens To Leak Out Source Code To Everyone For Free

Yesterday, AMD reported a massive theft of its GPU IP in the form of source code which had been stolen and posted by the hacker over at Github & has also been posted to other sites that include TorrentFreak & 4Chan.

The hacker who goes by the name of Palesa (not sure if that's even his/her real name), reported to TorrentFreak that the information is worth at least $100 million since the source code includes information for AMD's current & next-generation GPUs including Navi 21, 10 and Adren (Xbox Series X).

Although the information hasn't been posted yet, the source code is very critical for AMD as it not only contains information for current-generation GPUs such as the RDNA 1 based Navi 10 GPU but also its next-generation GPUs, the RDNA 2 based Navi 21 and the Adren SOC for Microsoft's Xbox Series X.

Not only would this breach result in a negative impact on the competitiveness of AMD's GPU products but also damage the security aspects of a product which would be housed in more than a million devices in the coming years.

The hacker has since posted the 2nd update on Github after her first post was removed. What she is referring to as an unexpected achievement since the information was taken from a completely unprotected server. TorrentFreak reported that the hacker had first contacted them and reported that the information was worth at least $100 million, however, in the latest update, the hacker has reported that she is not asking for $100 million and if anyone at AMD wants to settle it down with her for money, they can contact her at her email.

“If I get no buyer I will just leak everything,” the leaker concluded, adding that the files would be secured with passwords that will only be handed out to select individuals.

But in the case that no one buys or AMD doesn't approach the hacker in time, she has said that the information will be leaked to everyone for free.
Previously, the hacker stated that the files will be secured with passwords that would be handed out to select individuals but this time, she is stating that the information would be available to everyone.

"buyer query a arbitrary file name, i send back file copy,can proof, and files snapshot ^^ also not asking for 100m$. if AMD or anyone who wants to settle it down with me for money contact:[email protected] and if no one buys ,, everyone gets it FOR FREE" - via Github

The leaker has once again posted proof of the code in several files.

While the original Github repository where the information was first shared has been removed by the open-source site since AMD filed a DCMA request against it. The information was also reported by the hacker to be found back in November 2019 and there might be a possibility that these are not the only three GPU source codes that have been hacked and mined out of AMD's servers.

In November 2019, I found AMD Navi GPU hardware source codes in a hacked computer,” the person explained. “The user didn’t take any effective action against the leak of the codes.” - Torrent Freak

This is definitely bad news for AMD as not only was their GPU IP stolen but also with such ease. The information would put its current and next-gen GPUs at risk from a competitive and security stand-point and it remains to be seen what comes out of the entire situation.

AMD GPU IP For Navi 10 & Next-Gen RDNA 2 Navi 21 & Adren SOC For Xbox Series X Stolen

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
wow, thats fucked up. If it was really on a unprotected server holy shit

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
View attachment 256899

AMD’s GPU IP Stolen, Includes RDNA 2 Navi 21, RDNA 1 Navi 10 & Xbox Series X ‘Adren’ GPU – Hacker Threatens To Leak Out Source Code To Everyone For Free

Yesterday, AMD reported a massive theft of its GPU IP in the form of source code which had been stolen and posted by the hacker over at Github & has also been posted to other sites that include TorrentFreak & 4Chan.

The hacker who goes by the name of Palesa (not sure if that's even his/her real name), reported to TorrentFreak that the information is worth at least $100 million since the source code includes information for AMD's current & next-generation GPUs including Navi 21, 10 and Adren (Xbox Series X).

Although the information hasn't been posted yet, the source code is very critical for AMD as it not only contains information for current-generation GPUs such as the RDNA 1 based Navi 10 GPU but also its next-generation GPUs, the RDNA 2 based Navi 21 and the Adren SOC for Microsoft's Xbox Series X.

Not only would this breach result in a negative impact on the competitiveness of AMD's GPU products but also damage the security aspects of a product which would be housed in more than a million devices in the coming years.

The hacker has since posted the 2nd update on Github after her first post was removed. What she is referring to as an unexpected achievement since the information was taken from a completely unprotected server. TorrentFreak reported that the hacker had first contacted them and reported that the information was worth at least $100 million, however, in the latest update, the hacker has reported that she is not asking for $100 million and if anyone at AMD wants to settle it down with her for money, they can contact her at her email.

“If I get no buyer I will just leak everything,” the leaker concluded, adding that the files would be secured with passwords that will only be handed out to select individuals.

But in the case that no one buys or AMD doesn't approach the hacker in time, she has said that the information will be leaked to everyone for free.
Previously, the hacker stated that the files will be secured with passwords that would be handed out to select individuals but this time, she is stating that the information would be available to everyone.

"buyer query a arbitrary file name, i send back file copy,can proof, and files snapshot ^^ also not asking for 100m$. if AMD or anyone who wants to settle it down with me for money contact:[email protected] and if no one buys ,, everyone gets it FOR FREE" - via Github

The leaker has once again posted proof of the code in several files.

While the original Github repository where the information was first shared has been removed by the open-source site since AMD filed a DCMA request against it. The information was also reported by the hacker to be found back in November 2019 and there might be a possibility that these are not the only three GPU source codes that have been hacked and mined out of AMD's servers.

In November 2019, I found AMD Navi GPU hardware source codes in a hacked computer,” the person explained. “The user didn’t take any effective action against the leak of the codes.” - Torrent Freak

This is definitely bad news for AMD as not only was their GPU IP stolen but also with such ease. The information would put its current and next-gen GPUs at risk from a competitive and security stand-point and it remains to be seen what comes out of the entire situation.

AMD GPU IP For Navi 10 & Next-Gen RDNA 2 Navi 21 & Adren SOC For Xbox Series X Stolen

Umm. What good does GPU source code do you? This sounds like he stole some drivers or firmware or some shit. What good is that? You can find some exploits I suppose? Not like this is the blueprints for the chips and die. No other graphics card manufacturer would touch em anyway.

Remember when Creative was batshit crazy when some dude was putting out better drivers than Creative themselves? That the case here? AMD gets exposed for their incompetence in drivers/firmware?

Someone needs to explain the value in this to my dumb ass.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Umm. What good does GPU source code do you? This sounds like he stole some drivers or firmware or some shit. What good is that? You can find some exploits I suppose? Not like this is the blueprints for the chips and die. No other graphics card manufacturer would touch em anyway.

Remember when Creative was batshit crazy when some dude was putting out better drivers than Creative themselves? That the case here? AMD gets exposed for their incompetence in drivers/firmware?

Someone needs to explain the value in this to my dumb ass.
So the silicon itself for the chips isn’t insanely complicated and since it’s physical a company can reverse engineer it.

The underlying machine code that isn’t compiled is how it all works and if you had that as a small company you could probably make some half decent GPU’s. Also with this software source code someone might find some security holes.

It could be a huge nothing burger or a medium one at least to AMD.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Brings in security concerns no matter what they say was/wasn't taken. It seems to include new GPU's along with Microsoft and Sony's stuff for the new consoles.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty sure they are not at mass production stage yet, if that is the case it is pretty simple too change a few things not only with the source, but silicon changes also. Unless they are at Mass production but we don't know release dates on any of this stuff yet.