<Prior Amod>
I didn't know brake lines bend...
man that shit was tough, i had to summon my inner lou ferigno
images

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Depends on what you want to do really. Do you mind used parts? New only? Can you drag out the purchases over time waiting on deals? Search Craigslist and Offerup for people selling stuff and not knowing it's worth? Single loop? Dual loop? Distro plate? All that factors in.

EKWB offers full kits as well as individual parts and you can usually pick up all the fittings much cheaper at Microcenter for some reason. Their full on kits are stupid expensive if you ask me, but If you went with a small custom loop you could probably do it for a few hundred bucks. I bought a bunch of B stock for tubing, hand me down fittings and a 2nd hand radiator, CPU block and a new pump since that is a critical component. Afterwards I started collecting parts for a nicer dual loop setup as they went on sale and just setting them aside until I got to where I wanted.

Required for a small loop
Radiator
Fans
Waterpump
Resevoir
Fittings
Tubing
CPU waterblock

I really need to measure my runs and get custom psu cables

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Upgrading for Cyberpunk 2077. My GForce 1060 and Core I5 starting not to cut it these days ...

I usually buy from CyberPowerPC on Black Fridays or Cyber Mondays. Decent prices, nice quality, and good customer service. Bought PCs and laptops from them and no complaints.

*Zero interest* in building myself. Any other vendors comparable in price, quality, customer service to CyberPower for pre-made PCs with a reasonable warranty?

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I browsed some starter kits to see what they included. Most seem to come with soft tubing, are they the same dimensions as the hard tubing stuff? They are quite pricey though for sure.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
for 32 inch is recommend the Dell if i can find the link to it -

if youre not into gaming and just want a good 4k for your CAD - depending on $$$ the LG 27GL950 is a good purchase -

some options

In the end, depends on budget - you wanting more than 60hz - etc etc
The Dell today is down from $450 to $329 seems like a steal Xexx Xexx , any idea what you paid for it?

62E7161A-D45F-4DD8-ADE6-386B1DC82492.png

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My hope is I can score a 5900x next week, already got a buyer on the 3700x.
Hopefully they aren't too bad, being not a massive generational leap or anything.

I considered selling my 3900x for a 5900x, but at this point I'll just wait for their next generation after that to build a new PC (if needed). I have to stop one-upping my own build

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully they aren't too bad, being not a massive generational leap or anything.

I considered selling my 3900x for a 5900x, but at this point I'll just wait for their next generation after that to build a new PC (if needed). I have to stop one-upping my own build
I'm having the same debate... I'll half heartedly try for the 5900x at launch but won't be super bummed if I miss it. Would like one though to pair with a 6800xt if I can grab one of those as well (not confident on either one tbh).

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I browsed some starter kits to see what they included. Most seem to come with soft tubing, are they the same dimensions as the hard tubing stuff? They are quite pricey though for sure.

There are three different dimensions I believe. I can't remember them off hand but I like the look of the fatter tubing more.

Do keep in mind that there are soft tubing fittings and hard tubing fittings, using the incorrect ones will guarantee leaks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user