Desktop Computers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know where the best place to buy a legit Win 10 Pro Key is? Is there a cheaper source than Microsoft?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know where the best place to buy a legit Win 10 Pro Key is? Is there a cheaper source than Microsoft?

Wasn't it /r/windowsswap or microsoftswap .... /keyswap?

Seems like most people here talked about that and having 100% success without much risk.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you need a new one or just need to transfer existing to a new PC? If transferring it’s pretty painless, you need to create a Microsoft account and login on the new PC.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Walmart recently clearanced all their Win10 Home Key Cards, but I don't think they have those for Pro. If any other stores do they may follow suit.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
ebay has cracked down on selling "digital" software and keys

are ebay keys legit? my computers w/ ebay bought keys have never been revoked and work like normal, i've bought them from $4 to 8$???

now places like reddit do 40bucks and raised the price cuz now in order to sell the license you have to ship the paper license

sellers on ebay are sneaky, they are doing things like this

where they list the license as an auction, and tell you to scroll down for the description to buy the digital license directly from them

is this legit? i went and bought and they sent me a license, i have no use for it atm, i'm just buying an extra license, "in case" i'll need one soon and if i do need one it's only 6bucks i spent now, prices will just continue to go up as ebay cracks down on sellers.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think win 10 home is still free. My kid just got a new HD in his rig and downloaded it, installed it and it never asked for authentication. Also just last month he built himself another rig ouit of the spare parts in the basement (my old shit) and same, he installed WIN10 home and its still up and running, still getting updates and shit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Aren't they all like that now? Using the key ties it to the hardware which you can transfer to another machine later(like just getting a new mobo) or what not but not multiple machines

dizzie

Triggered Happy
oh theres actually such a thing? how do you tell?

You can't tell normally. What happens is you'll use it, then you'll need to reinstall at some point down the road, when you try to reinstall the key will not work again even on the same hardware and even if you've cloned your system or created a backup. All those keys are one shot deals, same goes for all the office keys etc.

So don't enter the windows 11 beta on it!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Aren't they all like that now? Using the key ties it to the hardware which you can transfer to another machine later(like just getting a new mobo) or what not but not multiple machines

They are not all like that. Some keys will work through multiple installations, but these reddit keys generally don't. Probably better off buying a retail copy during a sale if that's what is needed.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I got a Win10 pro key for like $27 with a promo code on Bobkeys, back in Marchish when I built my new system. The $27 was 100% worth not having to hassle with trying to transfer licenses.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Got my AL120 fans in last night - took 2 hours due to not realizing that the controller is actually different so just sliding adapters around from old fans to new fans did nothing but stop my PC from posting lol - Anyways that aside now its up and running - ill post photos later but these fans are already sold out everywhere again?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I do like these a bit more than the SL - I do wish the sides had like a slight line of RGB themselves but i do much prefer these.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So, also having that distro plate, it really triggers an OCD in me that the water doesn't go all the way to the top since the fill port is where it is. I want to lay my case on the back and fill it so I can have it completely filled lol

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So, also having that distro plate, it really triggers an OCD in me that the water doesn't go all the way to the top since the fill port is where it is. I want to lay my case on the back and fill it so I can have it completely filled lol
thats actually an intriguing idea that i havent considered it - also this pc is super heavy :eek:

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I'm really enjoying the pre built computer I purchased from Newegg. The only problem is my monitor is fucking 15 years old. Real early 24" flat screen. 1920x1200 resolution. Anyway, really old screen has a permanent ghosted line across the top from where my firefox has a light colored bar vs. a darker website (like here). Oh well, it was finally time to change. And I found a great 165 hz 27" screen on Amazon for $268. Win.

For anyone else that isn't able to see Amazon links on the board, the monitor is a Gigabyte G27QC-A
This thing looks beautiful. So much brighter than my old screen, and due to the curved screen, it's able to sit a lot farther back on my desk. I haven't yet figured out how to enable 165 hz refresh, so it's sitting at 144 hz right now. Oh well, I'll hopefully figure it out soon. They say if I go through the internal menu, It should have something to enable 165 hz, but I haven't found it as of yet.

God damn is this a beautiful screen. So much better than my old one. Wow.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users