Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All I can think of is that it was because my characters were all newly created last week.

Getting over the final hump from the high 280's to 300 is much more of a pain in the ass than the first one at 265. My titan did alright on luminous and gained a fair amount before doing the weapon quests, but my warlock got completely fucked by weapons that weren't higher than what I had, and a dupe of Lunafaction Boots that only raised it a couple points. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to salvage this week, and it seems like I would be best off not completing the quests on the warlock until after the reset and another batch of luminous. Did the hunter last and got upgrades pretty much everywhere, but still not quite high enough to get a 300+5 MIDA or Sturm, and I want both of those so I can infuse the Sturm into an energy HC again.

Still need to do the NF on all three if anyone's interested.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I hit 265 today and am just gonna finish up the story, think I only have like 1 mission left. Then I guess it is the milestones and Nightfall to move forward and go from there.

Vorph

I'd suggest doing all the 'powerful' milestones but don't touch any of the weapon quests yet. Do them all again after reset for a second bump (hopefully), wait for the clan engrams to roll in, and then do the quests. Otherwise your first MIDA and Sturm will be much lower power than they could be.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think running the nightfall might be easier if you ran it at 240, running it at 296 seemed really brutal with the damage you can take (vandal snipers can just about one shot my warlock, but it only has like 4 resilence).

Vorph

I think running the nightfall might be easier if you ran it at 240, running it at 296 seemed really brutal with the damage you can take (vandal snipers can just about one shot my warlock, but it only has like 4 resilence).
Er, I thought it was -- under 260 you take extra damage and deal less, over 260 just scales you down to 260... ? That's why there's stuff like choosing scout rifles solely for their impact stat; if you've got max impact (or Nameless Midnight's perk) you can one-shot a shank, if not it takes 2 hits.

Resilience and recovery are both half as effective from 6-10 as they are from 1-5, so I'm no longer annoyed so much that even the "recovery" hunter set pretty much caps you at 5/5/5. And that's *with* the two mods. Warlock is dumb too though, practically all the sets are recovery and that's the last thing you care about if you're running Devour all the time.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Lol what the fuck. Apparently clan chat is moderated by Bungie

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just hit lvl 20 on my Warlock last night and i'm now up to 240... Is there anything I can do with you guys to gear up quickly? Do you guys ever group together other than for the raid?

Feels like there's so much shit to do, and i'm probably screwing myself by just taking any gear available to me asap but I kinda don't really mind at this point. 240 already seems decent enough...

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just hit lvl 20 on my Warlock last night and i'm now up to 240... Is there anything I can do with you guys to gear up quickly?

You can get gear up to 265 from public events. After that most of your power upgrades need to come from luminous engrams (weekly rewards) or exotics.

Started alt Titan yesterday. After nine hours it's at 272, half way (?) thru campaign. Stopped missions after unlocking strikes.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
yeah do public events up until 265, you will get a few blues every hour and hopefully a few engrams, save all the planetary tokens. At 265 turn them in and hopefully get a few 270s (+5 mod) and equip a purple in every slot. At that point you can turn in all the power/luminous engrams, do all the exotic quests, grab the clan engrams and hopefully hit low 280s. Now rinse and repeat on a different class alt and it'll go even higher, again on a third alt and higher, then do all the weekly stuff every week and you'll be 300 in 2-3 weeks, zero raiding required. Don't even really have to do the nightfall, its just an extra power engram which is nice.

Huge lore posts behind Calus and the Cabal empire, pretty cool stuff if you are into the Destiny lore. I really enjoy the sci fi setting of the game, like the arcology is an amazing setting and I can just imagine humans living on a different planet in Culture-level worlds run by AI, would be freaking amazing.
Emperor Calus Lore thread • r/DestinyTheGame

spronk

FPS noob
The clan is full again, i kicked two people who were only on BNET (pc) and not console but its gonna fill up again. For now there is a FOH 2 clan you can join if you need a clan banner or whatever
Fires Of Heaven II Clan | Bungie.net

But hopefully bungie increases clan size before the PC version launches, 100 is kind of ridiculous.

Vorph

Blues from PEs, Lost Sectors, etc. initially soft cap at 260, not 265. You start doing planetary turn-ins at 260 to get to 265, or 267 if you buy the stuff from Xur (which you should buy first if at all possible, otherwise some of your rep engrams will decrypt to 264 instead of 265). Then you need to use your first set of powerful rewards to push into the 270's so that engrams will start going up again. After that you can start doing weapon quests, but I don't recommend doing that on a Sunday. Just wait for Tuesday reset and get another set of powerful rewards so you're a bit higher. If you care about hitting 305 then you absolutely want both MIDA and Sturm to end up 300+5 the third time you do the quests so that you can infuse the Sturm into an energy HC and have two slots already done. This means your base power has to be 290 for MIDA and 293 for Sturm.

P.S. If you're using DIM for inventory management, you should use the beta site instead. It lets you move mods in and out of the vault, displays character stats and maximum base power level, and some other stuff the non-beta site lacks.

Last edited:

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Anyone know what unlocks the Daily Challenges milestone for a character? I get them for my Warlock / Titan, but they never appear on my Hunter (even if that is the first character I log in too).

You have to do the shit for the Ikira chick by Hawthorne. If you're talking about replaying the story missions.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You have to do the shit for the Ikira chick by Hawthorne. If you're talking about replaying the story missions.
Na, I figured it out finally. I guess I never talked to Shaxx on my Hunter, once I did the daily challenge milestone popped up, now I can do them on each character.

Edit: People on Reddit are a bunch of crybabies and armchair devs.