Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Add me to the chorus of "bullshit" on the NightFall having a timer. Was having a good time with my buddies yesterday doing the Nightfall for the first time and even though we were moving at a quick pace we still managed to lose on time. Managed to get to 278, so a couple more points and I can do the mod-roulette
But... you just have to "git gudder".... I mean Datto managed to complete the Nightfall easily, his team even did a heroic event on the way!!

That strike is the worst designed, and just doesn't fit well with a timer due to the timesinks the strike has, but you can cheese it... so cheese it. My team started the last boss fight with 11min left, and we finished with just under 3min left. RIP Rat King completion due to the boss falling off the platform and not reappearing for 2min. They need to remove the section right after the "defend" encounter, having to run through pillars and then fight a walker is just dumb.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You can max out the timer before going into the boss fight. Just go back and forth between areas and shoot the single anomaly above the ghost defense part. Changes tomorrow anyway, whatev.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pyramidion will be interesting, lots of trash and if I recall, you can't really skip much at all.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So yeah, they quickly need to add some stuff to grind for in this game, or its going to be finito. Granted I probably did play the shit out of it, and do not have anything to complain about, but from what I see and having 3-4 things a week to knock out, which you can do in a few hours, does not bode well for the longevity. they are adding the faction thing, which will add a bit more content, but still, eventually you will get everything you need and its over. where is that randomness? Where is that Diablo 2 loot system that held the original game together for years?

I think they sort of shot themselves in the foot with making all the weapons drop with no random perks. It leaves little in this game to grind for. And even in a system like they have, it could work if there were 10X more weapons, but not like it is right now. You reach a point in this game that absolutely no legendary matters anymore. Even all armor is basically the same other than its look. You dont get that warm fuzzy when that legendary engram drops anymore, because chances are you already have it or had it and sharded it. Which brings me to the next point, nothing to spend the 100s and 100s of shards on.

The PvP is fucking aids too. Which in the first game I loved. shit I could spend an entire day PvPing and somehow they even managed to fuck that up. PvP in D1 was quick paced adrenaline rush filled fun, no matter what mode you played and no matter the meta. I went through all of them, the AR meta, the Thorn, TLW, meta, the pulse meta...etc... The maps were cool, most people ran by themselves other than maybe control, and if you were good you could stomp 2 people easy, in this game its teamshot city. Roaming gangs of 3-4 peeps all huddling together. You go out on your own to try to flank, they all turn around and youre fucking dead before you can even do anything. Matchmaking is aids, the rewards are nill, aside the weekly, man I hope they fix this shit. But even if they do fix it, it will be years before we see anything.
Thorn meta was <3. I miss D1's bounties so i think we need rep to grind.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think they are just trending this game to more casual experience where everyone can get "done". Even the most soft core of casuals will be "done", that is get to 305 right now, which is by all intents and purposes the end game. Instead of focusing on more RPG elements, they are slowly removing all of them in favor of a more pure shooter type game like COD. Play, get stuff, done until next DLC. Not sure I agree on their philosophy, but they are the ones in control, not us.

Well see, I just dont think D2 will turn the entire ship around. We will get DLC, up the power level, collect the 20 new guns, and rinse and repeat. Which would be all fine if they didnt make PvP aids. I just cannot see myself sinking the time I did in D1 into this game with PvP being so aids. But this is just my opinion, many do not agree with me.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I think they are just trending this game to more casual experience where everyone can get "done". Even the most soft core of casuals will be "done", that is get to 305 right now, which is by all intents and purposes the end game. Instead of focusing on more RPG elements, they are slowly removing all of them in favor of a more pure shooter type game like COD. Play, get stuff, done until next DLC. Not sure I agree on their philosophy, but they are the ones in control, not us.

Well see, I just dont think D2 will turn the entire ship around. We will get DLC, up the power level, collect the 20 new guns, and rinse and repeat. Which would be all fine if they didnt make PvP aids. I just cannot see myself sinking the time I did in D1 into this game with PvP being so aids. But this is just my opinion, many do not agree with me.

I mean I've played thousands of hours of BF and you're done in that game fairly early too? I don't see why people think D2 is so easy to finish. You have Trials, the random shit like Faction, weekly, Crucible, Strike playlist (hope they add heroic soon) and shit.

Besides, it's early. D1 got way more polish by RoI like others have said. I don't see D2 going anywhere. The gunplay alone is phenomenal.

Also 4v4 PvP is about 250% better. I'm loving it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nearly 70 hours in, only 2 of 3 characters, have yet to complete the raid, haven't tried the trials, haven't done prestige nightfall, still not 300 power.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thorn meta was <3. I miss D1's bounties so i think we need rep to grind.
Are you playing D2? There are 9, and after tomorrow 12, factions to grind rep for:

Vanguard (Zavala)
Vanguard (Ikora)
Gunsmith
Crucible (Shaxx)
Earth (Devrim)
Nessus (Failsafe)
Titan (Sloan)
Io (Asher)
Dead Orbit
Future War Cult
New Monarchy
Trials of the Nine
Iron Banner (coming in October)

Each Planet has 3 Challenges (Bounties) each day..
Daily Challenge each day..

So there is even more such things in D2 than there was in D1. It is just in a different package, I guess. It also rewards you faster than the old system, which seems to be the problem now since the loot is generic. Oh, it also doesn't show what "rank" you are with those Factions anymore (unless you use DIM).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rep grinding is terrible now though, because of the retard who thought lockout timers were a good idea. I really hope they don't fuck up the FWC/DO/NM shit this week too.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm

The PvP isn't as addictive because it's alot harder to make big game breaking plays by yourself. So the solo queue warrior is more prone to frustration because he is less effective. If you regularly play with some bros I bet it's more fun.

I'm with you though, I didn't even bother logging in when I had some alone time to solo queue. My plan is to just play with friends on the weekend and forget about it in the meantime. At 304 I just need another week of "powerful" rewards to hit cap.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
How do we pick a faction to grind for? Is it going to replace our clan banner? That would kinda suck.

Vorph

That's a good question, all we really know is that it's possible to assign each alt to a different one so that you have them all covered just like in D1.

Also, a pox on whoever added shit-brown to the Dead Orbit shaders. I hope there are at least some other BIS guns like NWC's The Number.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rep grinding is terrible now though, because of the retard who thought lockout timers were a good idea. I really hope they don't fuck up the FWC/DO/NM shit this week too.
Have to disagree, the timer is probably a good thing in the long run. I have over 200 Nessus / Titan tokens at the moment, but no reason to use them. The amount of tokens you can get is really high and all you have to do are PE's, High-Value Targets and Patrols, the chests / resources are just a bonus. The grind is terrible in that there is no chance of getting something awesome for the time you spend. Granted, this is coming from someone who has no-lifed D2 for a week or so. =)

Vorph

So have I, and I've spent all my tokens and am still missing 1 piece each of the titan and hunter PS4-exclusive sets. And I think you're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off on chests being a bonus. Even with the retard timer the vast majority of tokens gained come out of chests if you're serious about farming for something.

That's all beside the point though. The real question is: why the fuck is this even an issue in Bungie's mind? Armor is all the same, why shouldn't I be able to farm as much as I want to get a matching set? The worst part is that resources are practically worthless compared to tokens, yet they share/trigger the lockout timer for chests too. I don't think there was any need at all for a limiting mechanism, but even if there was then this timer implementation is about the worst way to go about it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right, just loot everything you see while you're doing the main sources of tokens, you'll end up with so many it won't matter. I've spent most my time on Xbox, so we don't have the extra's. ;p

D2 maintenance extended for 2 more hours.

Vorph

Well, it's the same for any of the sets that don't come from a specific planet. You might get them by accident, or you might never get them at all. It's mainly a problem because mobility is an utterly worthless stat and so is recovery if you play VW Warlock 99% of the time like I do. Not sure what the most optimal Titan setup is for Striker using Skullfort, but currently I'm at 1/8/6 using 2 pieces of PS4 armor (heavy) and 1 piece of Shaxx armor (resto). Ideally I'd like 3 Shaxx pieces but I'm still not touching pvp ever.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Are you playing D2? There are 9, and after tomorrow 12, factions to grind rep for:

Vanguard (Zavala)
Vanguard (Ikora)
Gunsmith
Crucible (Shaxx)
Earth (Devrim)
Nessus (Failsafe)
Titan (Sloan)
Io (Asher)
Dead Orbit
Future War Cult
New Monarchy
Trials of the Nine
Iron Banner (coming in October)

Each Planet has 3 Challenges (Bounties) each day..
Daily Challenge each day..

So there is even more such things in D2 than there was in D1. It is just in a different package, I guess. It also rewards you faster than the old system, which seems to be the problem now since the loot is generic. Oh, it also doesn't show what "rank" you are with those Factions anymore (unless you use DIM).
I do play. Not like the rest of you it seems but a few hours every other day. Anyway, bounties in D1 were a better way to activate that reward center in the brain. It was a little task assigned to a person and completing it felt nice. Now we just get participation trophies in a form of tokens. And the challenges and the form they take is not enough. At least thats how it feels.