Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh, maybe that's why only my titan could do it too. I intentionally never talked to Shaxx on the other two so that Crucible wouldn't even appear on my map.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, maybe that's why only my titan could do it too. I intentionally never talked to Shaxx on the other two so that Crucible wouldn't even appear on my map.
Probably, I haven't touched PvP other than just talking to Shaxx, each character is at that stage where you need to finish a couple matches, but now all can do the daily challenge.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Guess I'm just kind of stuck at 267 until the reset. Not really in to the multiple alt thing, never did it in D1. Still have the exotic reward from main quest like or could do the exotic quests. Although I don't seem to be able to pick up My Captain on Nessus. Could also do nightfall if anyone on PS4 gets an opening.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guess I'm just kind of stuck at 267 until the reset. Not really in to the multiple alt thing, never did it in D1. Still have the exotic reward from main quest like or could do the exotic quests. Although I don't seem to be able to pick up My Captain on Nessus. Could also do nightfall if anyone on PS4 gets an opening.
Go ahead and get Zavala's exotic, that will give you a boost.

Do you see the other weapon quests on Earth, Titan and Io?

Vorph

The weapon quests don't unlock until you pick up the exotic from Zavala, and neither do most of the luminous engram milestones so you still have those to do as well. The exotic engram will keep going up in level while in your inventory, so it should be the absolute last thing you use after exhausting everything else for the week. Or even save it until after you've done the next set on Tuesday if you want a little more insurance against RNGesus screwing you out of hitting 280 next week. (Edit: The weapon quest for Sturm requires decrypting 1 exotic and 5 legendary engrams, so it's good to save it for that as well if you aren't lucky with PE drops.)

I still need to do the Nightfall 3x this week. Was planning to get them done last night but wasn't able to get on at all.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Go ahead and get Zavala's exotic, that will give you a boost.

Do you see the other weapon quests on Earth, Titan and Io?

Actually, accepting Zavalas reward seems to have opened all that up. That and the clan xp milestone got me to 271 BPL.

Oh didn't read Vorph's post 1st hah. Oh well, no big deal.
It was a 280+5 Merciless. Didn't get the Xur one last week so there that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually, accepting Zavalas reward seems to have opened all that up. That and the clan xp milestone got me to 271 BPL.

Oh didn't read Vorph's post 1st hah. Oh well, no big deal.
It was a 280+5 Merciless. Didn't get the Xur one last week so there that.
That is fine, Vorph's post didn't make sense. =)

Just don't turn in all the new Milestones at once, space them out before reset. Turn one in, see a small boost, then farm gear to cap, then turn in another Milestone, etc.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ugh all this stuff to min max sounds like aids. Will not do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

What didn't make sense? The Zavala engram goes up in level even after you claim it, and it's better than a luminous engram so it should always be used as late as possible.

Glimmer is becoming a real pain in the ass. Constantly broke and in need of more because I can't seem to get any purples of certain ones (energy counterbalance, kinetic reload, etc.). Just went 2/3 on kinetic weapon ones though, so at least the end is in sight now.

Edit: And yeah, the min-max is only really necessary if you intend to do the prestige NF/Raid. Me, I just like shooting shit so I'm doing it even though I have zero interest in either of those things.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What didn't make sense? The Zavala engram goes up in level even after you claim it, and it's better than a luminous engram so it should always be used as late as possible.

Glimmer is becoming a real pain in the ass. Constantly broke and in need of more because I can't seem to get any purples of certain ones (energy counterbalance, kinetic recoil, etc.). Just went 2/3 on kinetic weapon ones though, so at least the end is in sight now.

Edit: And yeah, the min-max is only really necessary if you intend to do the prestige NF/Raid. Me, I just like shooting shit so I'm doing it even though I have zero interest in either of those things.
Turning in Zavala's engram unlocks the luminous Milestones, and at 265 he would get a nice boost from it so that once he started turning in the Luminous he would get even more boost.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Turning in Zavala's engram unlocks the luminous Milestones, and at 265 he would get a nice boost from it so that once he started turning in the Luminous he would get even more boost.

Accepting the engram unlocks it, decrypting it is a 2nd step. He's just saying don't decrypt until you want the boost b/c it'll grow with your PL.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Accepting the engram unlocks it, decrypting it is a 2nd step. He's just saying don't decrypt until you want the boost b/c it'll grow with your PL.
So you can go do the exotic weapon quests, clan xp, nightfall, raid luminous without decrypting Zavala's exotic? Cool.

Vorph

Yep, did that on all three. Beware decrypting exotic engrams you find afterwards though, the position gets shuffled and I accidentally decrypted the Zavala one I was saving on my warlock when I meant to do the normal level-locked one.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hit 300 on my Warlock, are drops capped at 290?

Also, has anyone seen an Omolon Kinetic weapon?

Vorph

Drops should stay -5/-6 until you hit 305 then it's possible to get 300's from vendors and drops. Check the level on a vendor engram before accepting it; if it's not 300 come back in a half hour. There was a reddit post about it the other day.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Add me to the chorus of "bullshit" on the NightFall having a timer. Was having a good time with my buddies yesterday doing the Nightfall for the first time and even though we were moving at a quick pace we still managed to lose on time. Managed to get to 278, so a couple more points and I can do the mod-roulette

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So yeah, they quickly need to add some stuff to grind for in this game, or its going to be finito. Granted I probably did play the shit out of it, and do not have anything to complain about, but from what I see and having 3-4 things a week to knock out, which you can do in a few hours, does not bode well for the longevity. they are adding the faction thing, which will add a bit more content, but still, eventually you will get everything you need and its over. where is that randomness? Where is that Diablo 2 loot system that held the original game together for years?

I think they sort of shot themselves in the foot with making all the weapons drop with no random perks. It leaves little in this game to grind for. And even in a system like they have, it could work if there were 10X more weapons, but not like it is right now. You reach a point in this game that absolutely no legendary matters anymore. Even all armor is basically the same other than its look. You dont get that warm fuzzy when that legendary engram drops anymore, because chances are you already have it or had it and sharded it. Which brings me to the next point, nothing to spend the 100s and 100s of shards on.

The PvP is fucking aids too. Which in the first game I loved. shit I could spend an entire day PvPing and somehow they even managed to fuck that up. PvP in D1 was quick paced adrenaline rush filled fun, no matter what mode you played and no matter the meta. I went through all of them, the AR meta, the Thorn, TLW, meta, the pulse meta...etc... The maps were cool, most people ran by themselves other than maybe control, and if you were good you could stomp 2 people easy, in this game its teamshot city. Roaming gangs of 3-4 peeps all huddling together. You go out on your own to try to flank, they all turn around and youre fucking dead before you can even do anything. Matchmaking is aids, the rewards are nill, aside the weekly, man I hope they fix this shit. But even if they do fix it, it will be years before we see anything.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So yeah, they quickly need to add some stuff to grind for in this game, or its going to be finito. Granted I probably did play the shit out of it, and do not have anything to complain about, but from what I see and having 3-4 things a week to knock out, which you can do in a few hours, does not bode well for the longevity. they are adding the faction thing, which will add a bit more content, but still, eventually you will get everything you need and its over. where is that randomness? Where is that Diablo 2 loot system that held the original game together for years?

I think they sort of shot themselves in the foot with making all the weapons drop with no random perks. It leaves little in this game to grind for. And even in a system like they have, it could work if there were 10X more weapons, but not like it is right now. You reach a point in this game that absolutely no legendary matters anymore. Even all armor is basically the same other than its look. You dont get that warm fuzzy when that legendary engram drops anymore, because chances are you already have it or had it and sharded it. Which brings me to the next point, nothing to spend the 100s and 100s of shards on.

The PvP is fucking aids too. Which in the first game I loved. shit I could spend an entire day PvPing and somehow they even managed to fuck that up. PvP in D1 was quick paced adrenaline rush filled fun, no matter what mode you played and no matter the meta. I went through all of them, the AR meta, the Thorn, TLW, meta, the pulse meta...etc... The maps were cool, most people ran by themselves other than maybe control, and if you were good you could stomp 2 people easy, in this game its teamshot city. Roaming gangs of 3-4 peeps all huddling together. You go out on your own to try to flank, they all turn around and youre fucking dead before you can even do anything. Matchmaking is aids, the rewards are nill, aside the weekly, man I hope they fix this shit. But even if they do fix it, it will be years before we see anything.
The game will do just fine. I remember people being all doom and gloom about D1 a few weeks after its release too, yet here we are. Worst aspect of D2 is that, for whatever reason, Bungie didn't bring over the systems that were in place by the time Rise of Iron was released. Cynical me thinks D2 will get those systems as content updates going forward, which if that is the case, Bungie will deserve a lot of criticism.