Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's mainly a problem because mobility is an utterly worthless stat and so is recovery if you play VW Warlock 99% of the time like I do.
Yeah but there are 8 other subclasses and recovery is basically the best stat for everyone else. Resilience for you.

Edit: I'm good at math

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
11?

And I wasn't saying otherwise. I use Road Complex (which is a recovery set which has no recovery on its boots, wtf?) on my hunter and mentioned that I'd prefer a full (-helmet) Shaxx's set for my titan. But each class gets the large majority of their sets focused on one particular stat, and for warlocks it's recovery. VW needs resilience, Storm is fine with the recovery stuff, and fire... well fire is shit spec so who cares? :D Hunter and titan need to go out of their way to find a recovery set because you get drowned in mobility and resilience armors, respectively.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do play. Not like the rest of you it seems but a few hours every other day. Anyway, bounties in D1 were a better way to activate that reward center in the brain. It was a little task assigned to a person and completing it felt nice. Now we just get participation trophies in a form of tokens. And the challenges and the form they take is not enough. At least thats how it feels.
I understand how you see that, just know its functionally the same as in D1, just more and faster.

Well, it's the same for any of the sets that don't come from a specific planet. You might get them by accident, or you might never get them at all. It's mainly a problem because mobility is an utterly worthless stat and so is recovery if you play VW Warlock 99% of the time like I do. Not sure what the most optimal Titan setup is for Striker using Skullfort, but currently I'm at 1/8/6 using 2 pieces of PS4 armor (heavy) and 1 piece of Shaxx armor (resto). Ideally I'd like 3 Shaxx pieces but I'm still not touching pvp ever.
Yea, I've started trying to get a balance between Res / Rec, not bothering with Mobility. I've taken the Titan Faction armor for the warlock (mad scientist like), but non-Faction armors for Titan / Hunter (all Titan armors look like ass, imo).

Vorph

Titan almost makes me wish I didn't despise Destiny PVP, since the trials sets are the best looking ones (especially with helmet being replaced by Skullfort) and they're resto. Probably just end up using Retro-Grade, replacing them with Shaxx's set from clan engrams as I get them. Although that seems iffy, since the pvp people apparently already gave up on doing trials after 1 week, lol.

For warlock I really want High-Minded Complex, but I don't even have 1 piece of that yet. I had the robe while leveling but didn't realize I would want to use it forever with infusion at the time and dismantled it. :(

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
1.0.3 The one about Faction Rallies.

Faction Rallies
  • Pledge to a faction Vendor
    • Pledging places a buff on the player character for the duration of the event associating the character with the faction
  • Earn faction Reputation tokens
    • By Destroying Enemy resources in Lost Sectors, completing public events, completing strikes, completing Crucible matches, and the Leviathan raid
  • Turn tokens in for reward packages
    • Earn faction themed rewards from your faction
  • Help your faction win
    • The faction with the most rank ups across the game will sell a new weapon at a discount for faction members
UI

• Fixed an issue in which Hunters with a specific amount of health would see their health bar on the HUD at all times
Activities
  • Fixed issue in the raid that granted resurrection tokens unintentionally to players joining encounters in progress

• Fixed an issue in which killing the first Minotaur too quickly in the Unbreakable Adventure would result in progression being blocked
Clans
  • Fixed an issue where clan XP was not being granted for completing public events

• Fixed an issue preventing some player from receiving weekly clan engrams
    • Players who leave a clan will still not be eligible for clan rewards that week
Eververse

• Fixed an issue in which Bright engrams would show 'Requires Level 20' if a player hadn't accepted all Leveling Rewards from Tess after reaching level 20

• Fixed an issue in which the action button on weapon ornaments displayed Discard instead of Unlock

Crucible

Call to Arms

• Reduced the amount needed to complete the milestone to align it with other weekly milestones
  • Midtown

• Adjusted Clash & Supremacy power ammo locations

• Added invisible physics volumes to keep players from leaving the intended playable space
Eternity

• Added a soft-kill volume to keep players from hiding on the edge of the map

• Dead players' Ghosts will no longer appear in the "Fork" location
General

• Fixed an issue in which players in the Tower could sometimes fail to load gear

• Fixed a crash when signing out of Destiny 2
Companion

Android

• Fixed an issue in which the gear search button was covering item actions

• Fixed an issue in which Ghosts were not showing in character gear

• Added a filter and member count in the clan roster
iOS

• Fixed an issue in the way gear power was sorted when including items that don't have power Web

• When you close an explore item in trending, the page no longer refreshes

• Paging update in search

Vorph

Fixed an issue where clan XP was not being granted for completing public events
Glad to see that got fixed, having to do 20 patrols per character to get my clan xp milestone done was really annoying.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm getting really close to cancelling my pre-order.

Game doesn't sound remotely worth it for $50+.
I would honestly wait for yr 2 and see how this all plays out. You will definitely get about a good 40-50 hours out of it before youre bored though, which is far more than any other recent game.

spronk

FPS noob
Cleared the raid (last boss only) in a DestinyLFG pug, only took us 3-4 tries so not too bad. Being in the purple/shadow realm is a LOT easier than being outside imo, unless you have 3 warlock stormcallers outside or something. The more warlocks the better since the arc souls just destroy during the skulls phase. Only thing I have left to do is prestige nightfall (bugged this week) and I'll have the platinum trophy, pretty sweet

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Game doesn't sound remotely worth it for $50+
Way off base.

Spronk 152 hours
Vorph 142 hours
Ritley 85 hours
Ladro 79 hours
Lenas 74 hours
Hatorade 70 hours

Yeah... Definitely not worth $50

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Cleared the raid (last boss only) in a DestinyLFG pug, only took us 3-4 tries so not too bad. Being in the purple/shadow realm is a LOT easier than being outside imo, unless you have 3 warlock stormcallers outside or something. The more warlocks the better since the arc souls just destroy during the skulls phase. Only thing I have left to do is prestige nightfall (bugged this week) and I'll have the platinum trophy, pretty sweet

I hate inside, I've always preferred Throne Room middle roamer. Funny.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Way off base.

Spronk 152 hours
Vorph 142 hours
Ritley 85 hours
Ladro 79 hours
Lenas 74 hours
Hatorade 70 hours

Yeah... Definitely not worth $50

Ya I've played 156 hours so far, definitely worth the money.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah it’s definitely worth it IMO. I don’t like the direction they went in some areas and I question how long I will continue to play, but for $50 you get more than enough play out of it

spronk

FPS noob
it REALLY itches that loot grind Everquest/WoW/MMO/Diablo itch if you haven't done it in years (last time for me was Destiny 1), but if you still play a lot of Diablo/POE/Warframe/FF14/any MMO etc then it'll be pretty tame and lame in comparison. Its definitely way lower on the loot grind "quality" than any other loot grind game though, you end up done way faster than anything else.

I am still torn on double dipping, if I do it would just be to play pretty casual but I don't know why I would play on PC over PS4, i don't like the PVP so what would be the point...

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
11?

And I wasn't saying otherwise. I use Road Complex (which is a recovery set which has no recovery on its boots, wtf?) on my hunter and mentioned that I'd prefer a full (-helmet) Shaxx's set for my titan. But each class gets the large majority of their sets focused on one particular stat, and for warlocks it's recovery. VW needs resilience, Storm is fine with the recovery stuff, and fire... well fire is shit spec so who cares? :D Hunter and titan need to go out of their way to find a recovery set because you get drowned in mobility and resilience armors, respectively.

Why do you like VW? I've been playing Storm since I unlocked it and can't see giving up Arc Soul anytime in the forseeable future.

Also: Who uses Healing vs Damage buff circle on their Warlock? I actually tell my Fireteam I'm using damage boost and instead put down a healing circle since their balls are too big to step into a healing circle regardless of how many times they are dying.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Faction Rally:
You can get Faction Tokens from destroyable items in Lost Sectors on all planets (at least Earth / Io, as a FWC)
Public Events reward Faction Tokens only on Io; 4 for normal, 8 for heroic
Enemy Supply Drops are a new event on each planet (Earth, Io, Titan as a FWC so far); there are 4 Supply Drops you must defend from enemies, each defense earns 1 token, if you successfully defend each Drop you get extra Tokens (high hp orange bars will attack the drop zone, boss will spawn at the end). Look / listen for flares popping off in the sky, and/or a notice message to know when a Supply Drop is occuring.

Edit: If you want to get tokens without doing much, go to the Lost Sector on Io called Grove of Ulan-Tan (Lost Oasis), run into the first room, should always be 4 destroyables, then run out to reset.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
hekotat, could you edit the OP? Remove the leveling crap I had written, most of it isn't really true I think.

Level however you want, don't decode the freebie exotic engram Xavala gives you at the end of the campaign until you are light 260+, and don't turn in or accept the power/luminous/clan engram quests until you are light 260+ which you can grind out from public events and lost sectors after you hit 20. Don't roll alts of the same class, it will cock block your light progress.

There is a second FOH clan, all PC users can join it until bungie increases the clan sizes
Fires Of Heaven II Clan | Bungie.net

Some pages about the raid I have bookmarked and find extremely useful:

Full raid guide, can watch once and know how all the raid parts work

Detailed Pleasure Gardens (war dogs) map, I always keep it up when I am doing this part of the raid
[spoiler] Yet, yet another detailed Pleasure Gardens map • r/DestinyTheGame

For those who go into the shadow realm at Calus, a little map to show how you should avoid getting blown off
[Spoiler] A Map for the Calus Shadow Realm safe paths • r/DestinyTheGame

Some general DPS tips on Calus
Just some tips for DPS'ing Calus (indepth) • r/DestinyTheGame

Detailed 3D map of the Leviathan Sewers with chests and link points:
https://i.imgur.com/UVt3gMR.jpg

Guides on how to loot all 9 Sewer chests, solo, from the beginning
Detailed Walkthrough On How To Successfully Loot All 9 Leviathan Raid Secret Chests SOLO (From Beginning Of Raid) • r/DestinyTheGame

Emperor Calus mega lore threads, 4 parts about his backstory
Emperor Calus Lore thread • r/DestinyTheGame