Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
hekotat, could you edit the OP? Remove the leveling crap I had written, most of it isn't really true I think.

Level however you want, don't decode the freebie exotic engram Xavala gives you at the end of the campaign until you are light 260+, and don't turn in or accept the power/luminous/clan engram quests until you are light 260+ which you can grind out from public events and lost sectors after you hit 20. Don't roll alts of the same class, it will cock block your light progress.

There is a second FOH clan, all PC users can join it until bungie increases the clan sizes
Fires Of Heaven II Clan | Bungie.net

Some pages about the raid I have bookmarked and find extremely useful:

Full raid guide, can watch once and know how all the raid parts work

Detailed Pleasure Gardens (war dogs) map, I always keep it up when I am doing this part of the raid
[spoiler] Yet, yet another detailed Pleasure Gardens map • r/DestinyTheGame

For those who go into the shadow realm at Calus, a little map to show how you should avoid getting blown off
[Spoiler] A Map for the Calus Shadow Realm safe paths • r/DestinyTheGame

Some general DPS tips on Calus
Just some tips for DPS'ing Calus (indepth) • r/DestinyTheGame

Detailed 3D map of the Leviathan Sewers with chests and link points:
https://i.imgur.com/UVt3gMR.jpg

Guides on how to loot all 9 Sewer chests, solo, from the beginning
Detailed Walkthrough On How To Successfully Loot All 9 Leviathan Raid Secret Chests SOLO (From Beginning Of Raid) • r/DestinyTheGame

Emperor Calus mega lore threads, 4 parts about his backstory
Emperor Calus Lore thread • r/DestinyTheGame

Done,

Also, you can boot me from the clan to clear up space. If I pick it up on PC I'll get back in.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Level however you want, don't decode the freebie exotic engram Xavala gives you at the end of the campaign until you are light 260+
Pick the engram up but don't decode it until you've done everything else for milestones, clan bonus engrams, etc. Ideally when you need to do one for the Sturm quest. Definitely do not decrypt the thing until well into 270's if on first character, 280's on alts. [Edit: or at least use it to push you past the 280 mark so you can start getting purple mods.]

Why do you like VW? I've been playing Storm since I unlocked it and can't see giving up Arc Soul anytime in the forseeable future.
Because Devour makes you immortal as long as there are enemies around. Combine it with Riskrunner when you're fighting anything that does arc damage and you're a god. For soloing, there's no comparison, but I do use Storm in groups.

I'm pretty meh on both warlock and titan anyway. First time I popped the Arcstrider super and it outright killed bosses that every other super does maybe one bar of damage to if you're lucky and the other classes were forgotten.

--------------------------------------
Faction stuff seems like an easy choice:
Titan - New Monarchy for another resto set (which is a reskin of what I'm already wearing with the same main stat, thx Bungo)
Warlock - Dead Orbit to grab a heavy armor set that looks marginally less shitty than the other ones available (reskin of Wildwood, also same main stat).
Hunter - FWC because they have the best guns by far, and also another resto set (reskin of the Nessus set that is heavy rather than survivalist, so at least this one is useful).

Unless I missed something the FWC hunter set is the only one of the nine where the reskin changed archetype, and it's a good looking set too. Here's to hoping that the boots actually have recovery on them, but I doubt it. (Edit: No recovery, derp)

Edit2: More on guns imo, at least for PVE.

DO: Bunch of junk.
NM: Nice looking single-slug auto-shotgun. Rest are a pass.
FWC: The Number is god-tier energy AR that I've been using for a week already, scout rifle has Rampage on it but impact isn't max, HC has Timed Payload which should be interesting, sniper rifle is crap. Their event-winner gun is easily the best of the 3 (but still nothing special)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, that pulse rifle will be nice, even if the "firefly" perk in D2 seems less damaging than in D1. I've gotten the Hand Cannon, Scout Rifle and the Sniper so far. HC is slow as hell, and I dislike HC's anyway. The Scout is pretty nice, but its outclassed by Nameless Midnight, haven't tried out the Sniper.

spronk

FPS noob
If you have 3 chars just enroll each one in a different faction, you cover all 3 then. The factions seem pretty pointless if you are close to 300, I farmed 110 tokens in 40 mins and turned them all in and only got 294 gear (i'm ~294+5). None of it seemed that great.

A super quick farm route, at least for dead orbit, is to head to the starting zone on Earth (Trost?) where the planet NPC is. Go into the church and drop into the lost sector under the church, it has the lost sector symbol above it. Run to the end, kill the 2-3 generator things, run back out, rinse and repeat. ~40 secs each time for 3 tokens, in 30-45 mins you'll have 100+ tokens. Again though, doesn't really seem worth it unless you need legendary shards or something, it doesn't give you higher LL loot, just purple loot fast.

Vorph

I mean, I hope nobody expected the factions to be giving out luminous engrams for their rewards. Get the guns you want (FWC clear winner there, by a mile), get a set of armor (I still suggest hunters go FWC since that's the only "unique" set), get a bunch of stacks of shaders... and you're done. If FWC wins it all, we get a semi-decent gun, if not, oh well.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If you have 3 chars just enroll each one in a different faction, you cover all 3 then. The factions seem pretty pointless if you are close to 300, I farmed 110 tokens in 40 mins and turned them all in and only got 294 gear (i'm ~294+5). None of it seemed that great.

A super quick farm route, at least for dead orbit, is to head to the starting zone on Earth (Trost?) where the planet NPC is. Go into the church and drop into the lost sector under the church, it has the lost sector symbol above it. Run to the end, kill the 2-3 generator things, run back out, rinse and repeat. ~40 secs each time for 3 tokens, in 30-45 mins you'll have 100+ tokens. Again though, doesn't really seem worth it unless you need legendary shards or something, it doesn't give you higher LL loot, just purple loot fast.

I mean you just explained how useless all planetary tokens are as well. Only reason to do anything besides milestones is in the off chance you get an exotic.

Vorph

Anyone know if there's a good Lost Sector on Nessus for the event? That's the only planet I have a ghost with "chance to obtain additional faction consumables".

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think im going to just do the PEs, you get 8 per heroic (which they all are these days) and get other shit as well like completing the flashpoint, chance at exotic, gunsmith fodder which im saving for future plus you get to shoot shit in the face. It seems like a boring way to spend a few hours, running back and forth shooting crates, lol.

Faction seems to be all about picking up a few unique guns, and maybe a set of armor thats cool looking (hunter still no recovery, lol) People are alredy showing screenshots of 500 faction tokens and shit, few hours into new reset, and then they bitch there is nothing to do. I think from now in im just going to sip this tea and take my time, instead of guzzling it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And to top it off, there are no timer extension mechanics on the nightfall.

Striker titan with pulse grenades, gear with grenade and ability recovery across the board. You get pretty much infinite grenades every few seconds.

Hes got a video of him soloing it too. Seems to be the easiest nightfall so far.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I gotta go New Monarchy on my main, that's the only good looking Hunter armor available. Dead Orbit sets for every class look like shit.

Will farm tokens on titan alt to get the FWC weapons.

Edit - Unrelated, 3-man Calus:

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
nightfall is super easy, finished with 8 mins left in a pug and none of us had done it before. just make sure everyone switches to an arc class and uses their PULSE (middle?) grenades, your grenades recharge every 1-2 seconds so you just spam that shit and run through. we killed everything and still finished with 8 mins, you can prob skip a bit especially if a hunter invis's (with that grenade ability) and does all the station stuff solo.

This week will probably be the easier one to do rat king and prestige nightfall too

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Good looking, but mobility trash unfortunately. :(

Well not trash for PvP. I know youre not into PvP, but mobility increases your strafe speed considerably.

for PvP im finding 4 resiliance (to get rid of 4 tap mida) 4-5 mobility and rest recovery. Basically well rounded. I know for PvE its all about recovery though.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
...sniper rifle is crap.

The only really good sniper rifle I ever found, with snapshot, is a blue, lol. rest legendary dont even have that coveted perk, or none that I have seen yet. BTW are you guys noticing how underused snipers are in this game? Id rather have a sword, rocket, or even a grenade launcher instead. They nerfed the shit out of snipes in D2.

Vorph

My "recovery" set is 5/5/5 because of legs being retarded, so I guess it doesn't really matter much anyway. Hunter armor is just fucked.

And yeah, people were saying the Aachen-LR2 blue is the only good pvp sniper, and for pve the only decent one is A Single Clap (Explosive Payload), but I still don't know why you'd ever want to use it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
nightfall is super easy, finished with 8 mins left in a pug and none of us had done it before. just make sure everyone switches to an arc class and uses their PULSE (middle?) grenades, your grenades recharge every 1-2 seconds so you just spam that shit and run through. we killed everything and still finished with 8 mins, you can prob skip a bit especially if a hunter invis's (with that grenade ability) and does all the station stuff solo.

This week will probably be the easier one to do rat king and prestige nightfall too
Would require class switching mid way through for Hunter, can't do arc and invis at same time. Still probably worth it tho.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just in case some were not aware, in order to get one of the Rally reward weapons, that specific Faction has to win and it is -only- the winners reward weapon that will be available to everyone. So all of you go farm on FWC, please. ;p

Edit: Lost Sectors on any planet should have the destroyable items in them.