Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hit start then press the touchpad to open the map (this is also the fastest way to get into the map, so might as well get used to doing that all the time) and fast travel. Gets me out of the black screen most of the time.

Though it sounds like you're saying it's happening every time you go to the tower now? That I've never seen. There's just about a 25-30% chance that the game will crash when I go to the tower the last 2 weeks... that's always fun too.

Yeah, tried for about 20 min today. Restarted game / PS4 a few times. Could go to other planets fine but tower was just black screen. Couldn’t open nav but could see character profile. And could hear Tess talking. No big deal, will try later tonight.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They aren't? I guess I haven't been there since the tower opened back up, but they Were all there. Hawthorne, Zavala, cayde, Ikora, shaxx, tess everis, and... Uh... Someone to decrypt engrams... Are they all gone?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They aren't? I guess I haven't been there since the tower opened back up, but they Were all there. Hawthorne, Zavala, cayde, Ikora, shaxx, tess everis, and... Uh... Someone to decrypt engrams... Are they all gone?
Everyone except the engram chick, postmaster go to tower

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Brews, tired of trying to pug raid or get a group together. Want to form a static, Wednesdays at 930 est. Who is in? Start with normal and move to prestige in a week or so. Preaze

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I did this as well - thanks to gameshare and xbox x i dont see a need to double dip the disappointment.

Im keeping mine. for one I want to see this game in all its PC glory at 60fps, and second I still hold out hope they fix this shit. Obviously it wont be soon, but I have a feeling they will. Also double dip means twice the amount of shit to do weekly, lol. Ill probably reserve one character slot and let my kids each have theirs, so they can try it out on their PCs too.

I also read an article on PC specs I guess they tried a whole bunch of configs in beta and they said that my R9 280 should be able to run this on med/high settings 1080p 60fps so that made me happy.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im keeping mine. for one I want to see this game in all its PC glory at 60fps, and second I still hold out hope they fix this shit. Obviously it wont be soon, but I have a feeling they will. Also double dip means twice the amount of shit to do weekly, lol. Ill probably reserve one character slot and let my kids each have theirs, so they can try it out on their PCs too.

I also read an article on PC specs I guess they tried a whole bunch of configs in beta and they said that my R9 280 should be able to run this on med/high settings 1080p 60fps so that made me happy.

Its not really twice the amount of shit to do unless you really enjoy doing the same thing twice a week - its just double the upkeep - i assume most would buy pc to make it the main not to do them both.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any good articles on aiming in consoles in general for FPS or destiny 2 specifically? I'm a mouse and keyboard guy but I'm enjoying D2 so I'd like to suck less in Crucible.

I've seen some videos on stick sensitivity and such but I feel like I'm missing something very fundamental when it comes to the aim assist consoles do. I feel like I over correct and I'm all over the place. I suppose just practice will help but if there's anything else clue me in.

Oh and I play with my brothers and friends so PC is out unfortunately. We're all on XBone

spronk

FPS noob
If you think you are over correcting then set the sensitivity lower, you will snap turn a lot slower but it will help with aim. I'd say the biggest thing in D2 PVP is recognizing your weapons strengths, the distance between you and your opponents, and how many there are. When to go aggressive and challenge (1v1, you are strong he is weak) and when to fallback (1 v 2+, you are weak and he is not, etc). If MIDA is your primary its strength are mid range, at close range you should probably switch to a SMG or sidearm secondary instead of trying to finish off with MIDA. You have to learn all the PVP maps and figure out the shortcuts, what halls are good for CQC and what are good for long range snipe/scout, etc.

It does take quite a bit of practice to learn how to work with the aim assist instead of fighting it, you can just practice with PVE though - go to Titan and do the lost sector on the Rig, you can follow the video here to get to it

There are a ton of mobs all clumped up and it fucks with auto aim a lot, so its a good place to practice with your favorite weapons so you get used to the magnetic pull a bit more, good for practicing with sensitivity and fast turns too. This video is a bit old but I watched it a while back for tips when I first switched to sticks in D1. I also use a control freek height adjustor like this guy, find it better for accuracy. Buy em at gamestop for $10.

The guys tips of watching your gameplay recordings is also a good idea to see how you move and aim.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
...or just say fuck it and buy a Xim. I got frustrated during the first trials weekend and busted mine out. It’s not true mouse/keyboard type quickness but I’m acclimated to it now and it’s definitely helped.

XIM4

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice thank you Sponk! Right now I'm running with Origin Story as my main and trying to find a good secondary for close range. I was going with a Scout secondary but I'm not liking it. Seven-Six-Five I think is the name. I don't have Mida yet. But I'm good with weapons and I'm getting the idea of the effective range and damage drop off. I just need some aim refinement.

I like the tip for the control freek pads for the controller. That might help.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
...or just say fuck it and buy a Xim. I got frustrated during the first trials weekend and busted mine out. It’s not true mouse/keyboard type quickness but I’m acclimated to it now and it’s definitely helped.

XIM4

Wow that's interesting... yeah I have no problem laying down some $$ for a better controller or whatever. I'll check that out.

spronk

FPS noob
you should get a MIDA, takes like 2-3 hours all solo and at the end you get a gun that has a radar while you are ADSing, plus more importantly it has high caliber which causes flinch on people you are shooting at -- I'd guess in a meta patch soonish they will remove flinch from PVP, like they did back in destiny 1

the mannanana SR4 energy weapon also has high cal, comes from gunsmith packages. I've found sidearms and SMGs also good for close range, sidearms can just destroy people but they suck at more than a few yards away

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Wow that's interesting... yeah I have no problem laying down some $$ for a better controller or whatever. I'll check that out.

Yeah I recommend it if you’re primarily mouse/keyboard. It’s a serious handicap when you’re playing against people who exclusively use controllers.

Just keep in mind it’s not perfect. Your turn speed is still limited to what a controller can do. With that said I still recommend it and its helped my play a ton. I went from being sloppy as hell to feeling like I typically out aim everyone and usually only die to poor positioning/tactics.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I feel like the biggest growth in my PvP ability has had nothing to do with my actual ability, but instead recognizing when to attack, when to run, and that waiting to regen is a-ok.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I feel like the biggest growth in my PvP ability has had nothing to do with my actual ability, but instead recognizing when to attack, when to run, and that waiting to regen is a-ok.
This. Just run origin story and be smart about engaging 2 on 1 or more