Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I got Uriels last night on an Iron Banner turn in. Figured i'd equip it and see how overrated it was... Boy... Don't think i'll ever equip anything else in that slot... Hahah.

Uriel's for PVP, The Number for PVE. I have one of those ALWAYS in my energy slot.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So apparently IB engrams decrypting at up to 300 today. What a slap in the face to anyone who cashed in there tokens yesterday, yikes.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So apparently IB engrams decrypting at up to 300 today. What a slap in the face to anyone who cashed in there tokens yesterday, yikes.

It's random and changes every 24 hours. Anyone could have saved their tokens and waited to cash them in on the last day. It's not really a slap in the face because power level means jack shit in PvP and no one is going to use IB gear in PvE. Also, 300 engrams only appear for people that are already 305 so they don't even need it.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Preordered this game for PC with blizz tokens. Didn't cost me shit other than gold I had laying around in game. Can't beat a deal like that. I'm ready to give this a try, never played Destiny 1. I did enjoy D2 beta on PC though. Are there "servers" in this game, and if so, is there an FoH guild or something on a certain server for PC launch?

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm really enjoying the game. I was not a huge D1 player, although I did play. I think if you were hardcore D1, this game is not different enough to get you past the jaded gamer phase. I'm also playing with a few friends which makes any game more fun and fresh.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
6 crucible games, 3 times loaded in with only three on fireteam. All 6 had leavers, no matches won. 4 powerful engrams, all boots (need gloves). Yup, think I need to take break from this game... so much rage!

spronk

FPS noob
yeah south park couldn't come at a better time (today), i'm not even gonna bother with the weekly power engrams since its just more work to deconstruct them. only thing to do until the next DLC is login for xur every friday and pvp when i feel like it

bit of a steep drop, down from 3.4m peak daily PVE and PVP down to 1.5m this week, should see another big spike up when PC launches next week
http://destinytracker.com/destiny/reports/daily-population

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Prestige raid is live.

Gauntlet: You can only run once, get a debuff after, so everyone has to do it. Projection spawns with every psion and an extra centurion spawns during running phases. Only 3 orbs for the final run.

Garden: 8 dogs spawn. Walk different paths. Each flower can only be activated once.

Baths: Bathers harder to kill, spawn faster. Drop an AoE circle on death that decreases protection by 5 instead of 1 if you stand on it. Ton of bathers spawn during DPS phase. When you stand on center you see a symbol (cup, axe, sun, dog) and you need to run to that specific pillar to get cleansed if you don't 1-phase it.

Calus: If you melee a psion in the throne room, you get teleported to shadow realm and someone inside is randomly teleported back to throne. He was 1 phased with a 96 stack.

Raid-wide, if you die, you lose your ability to rez others. So rez ability cut in half.

Encounters still only rewarding normal tokens. Seems that beating Calus gave an emblem, weapon ornament (acrius?) and armor.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Prestige raid is live.

Gauntlet: You can only run once, get a debuff after, so everyone has to do it. Projection spawns with every psion and an extra centurion spawns during running phases. Only 3 orbs for the final run.

Garden: 8 dogs spawn. Walk different paths. Each flower can only be activated once.

Baths: Bathers harder to kill, spawn faster. Drop an AoE circle on death that decreases protection by 5 instead of 1 if you stand on it. Ton of bathers spawn during DPS phase. When you stand on center you see a symbol (cup, axe, sun, dog) and you need to run to that specific pillar to get cleansed if you don't 1-phase it.

Calus: If you melee a psion in the throne room, you get teleported to shadow realm and someone inside is randomly teleported back to throne. He was 1 phased with a 96 stack.

Raid-wide, if you die, you lose your ability to rez others. So rez ability cut in half.

Encounters still only rewarding normal tokens. Seems that beating Calus gave an emblem, weapon ornament (acrius?) and armor.
So they took the most tedious and unfun aspects of the raid, doubled down on them, and didn’t increase rewards?

Hard pass

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
For those that didn’t know, they changed the nightfall to pyramidion. Went from a pass this week for me to a go. Torrent is actually a fun modifier

Nightfall: Pyramidion
Due to a known glitch, Nightfall has been changed from Exodus Black to Pyramidion - Bungie Help

Modifiers
  • Torrent - Boundless power erupts from within. Your abilities recharge much faster. Use them to shatter your foes

• Timewarp - Zero Hour: The mission timer CANNOT be extended. Choose your battle carefully
Challenges
  • Speed Of Dark: Complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining.
  • Unbroken: Complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths.
  • Faster Than Lightning: As a fireteam, defeat 9 Shanks with melee attacks before defeating Thaviks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For those of you that played PC beta was there type chat in game? Like a zone wide or something?

spronk

FPS noob
no chat in pc beta. the blizzard client does have a chat function but you have to invite people into it.

saw the prestige raids on twitch, looks fun if you have a static team but fuck that shit if you are going in with randoms, just gonna be new wipe city. the calus cheese is still not fixed afaik so i guess you could find a group at calus and maybe beat him since its almost the same fight without adds, just people are gonna swap in/out shadow realm depending on who hits projections. doesn't seem worth the effort at all for a blue emblem (lol) and an ornament for acrius. Cya Destiny, until DLC #1

really glad they didn't tie the platinum to prestige raid, Destiny 2 felt a lot more like Division in that once I got the plat I felt done with the game