Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got Uriels last night on an Iron Banner turn in. Figured i'd equip it and see how overrated it was... Boy... Don't think i'll ever equip anything else in that slot... Hahah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I keep running IB but I think I'll try to grind some Nessa stuff on an alt as well. Plus I'm sure you can get it off the gunsmith turn in too.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hit 305 a few weeks ago. Beat the raid a handful of times.

Haven't logged in since. Won't be buying this for the PC. Everyone has the same guns. The fuck is there to do in this game? This should have been a $25 DLC add-on.

Thank god I bought this on disc. Returning soon.

• 1Solidarity

Diemess

Bungie failed the end game fucking HARD. None of the regular Destiny streamers are even playing regularly.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really feel like a big problem is that the dailies aren't nearly as engaging as they were in d1. Sure, each planet has 3 dailies, so there's more to do each day, but they feel so... Background.

Also, I'm fed up with nessus. This place is supposed to be a lifeless rock in space, right? But there's fossils. Everywhere. What the hell.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man, it's getting harder and harder to keep my PC pre order. I'm not into PvP, and so it doesn't seem like but a few weeks of content and it'd be over? Guess that's worth the sticker price until further DLC?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Man, it's getting harder and harder to keep my PC pre order. I'm not into PvP, and so it doesn't seem like but a few weeks of content and it'd be over? Guess that's worth the sticker price until further DLC?
The first 150 hours these people played were so shitty they just kept playing hoping it was going to get better...

100+ hours of game time for $60? Seems like a decent return on the money spent. Poopsockers are always jaded fucks and their opinions are to be taken with cow salt licks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah I just crossed the 140hr mark, playing since launch. Still not 305, only beat raid twice, don't have all the event weapons or armor, haven't tried prestige nightfall...

If you played more than that in a couple of weeks you need to go outside once in a while.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i have no ragrets playing or buying the game, i just don't wanna play anymore at all which is not something I really felt that bad in Destiny 1, it just more tapered off into "... well, I think I'd rather play this other game right now" even though it felt like there was still a ton of stuff left to do in D1 - grimoire, ghosts, better versions of armor/weapons I had, just hundreds of things. Whereas in D2 I really, really don't feel like playing anymore since there is literally nothing left to upgrade and nothing to farm, at all. There were a good 15-20 gun combos in D1 to get for PVE and PVP and some were insanely OP (gally, icebreaker, thorn), but in D2 it boils down to maybe 4 or 5 guns, TOTAL, and armor means almost fuck all and nothing really feels that OP except Orpheus Rigs (hunter) for PVE and Last Hope/Uriels Gift for PVP.

Everyone is gonna take around the same amount of game time to hit that point, it'll just take some people 2 weeks RL time and some people 4 months RL time.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah if you don’t already have it for console, I’m sure PC will be worth it. Spronk is right that it just doesn’t have the same hook as D1, but it’s still worth a purchase unless you are the type that thinks you need to get thousands of hours of gameplay for a purchase to be worth it

I think a lot of people that were going in planning to double dip have rethought that decision though

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
D1 was dull as fuck when it released as well. Is this an excuse for D2 to suck? Not at all, fuck Bungie. However there is hope for the future.

Ladro

Anomaly
primary guild is full, there is a secondary clan PC users can join. I can make someone the founder if they will be active on PC, although again there are virtually no clan tools in game so you can't really form groups or anything, maybe battle.net will make it slightly easier since you can create a channel and invite your friends, but still no real clan functions integrated into battle.net so its really just a chat channel of people on your friends list...
Join the Companion Experience | Bungie.net

With regards to scheduling tools - I'm in a Xbox clan that uses Slack for communication and they have a scheduling bot that manages all the raid/nightfall/etc events. Pretty slick shit and could easily be done in Discord if someone had the wherewithal to put it together.

Diemess

link doesn't work. This one is better, gaige23's Destiny Tracker Profile

If you like farming IB all day long, then hey go for it.

I'll probably check out bungie's next raid on PC, whenever that is. I did the same thing back in D1, came back during Taken King, and didn't do any of the earlier raids until they brought them all back. Probably the best choice I made since early D1 players still seem salty when Bungie watered things down during Taken King.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I mean I feel like that's what Destiny has always been. You get the shit you want, and then you PvP and run weeklies until DLC, rinse repeat. It never had a ton of longevity outside the Crucible except for the ridiculous quadruple RNG gun grind that left some people NEVER getting the gun they wanted.

• 1Solidarity