Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So are they going to elaborate on what the heck is the new status quo of the Traveller at the end of the main campaign? I mean its apparently 'awake' and yet doesn't seem to be doing anything other than looking like its broken as fuck hanging in the sky with parts of its shell floating around.

Ladro

Anomaly
Joined PC Clan (BNET name is different than here), cool if I get a couple friends in there that are going to play launch as well?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So are they going to elaborate on what the heck is the new status quo of the Traveller at the end of the main campaign? I mean its apparently 'awake' and yet doesn't seem to be doing anything other than looking like its broken as fuck hanging in the sky with parts of its shell floating around.

i think it's current focus is putting itself back together. that will probably take until destiny 3

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Joined PC Clan (BNET name is different than here), cool if I get a couple friends in there that are going to play launch as well?

yeah go for it no one really is doing much with the clan stuff, maybe pc will be better but there aren't any in game clan tools

Bungie has disabled Trials for 3 (?) weeks due to exploits. hahahaha. I don't play trials at all and am pretty much done with D2, but I know a lot of people were only playing D2 for trials and turning it off for 2+ weeks is just such a slap in the face. Feels bad for the twitch streamers who get a huge bump on weekends, a few of them skipped twitch con too to play trials and a day before trials bungie announces this. Its because some Eververse ($$$) emote lets you glitch into walls, and I guess they can't disable the emote with a 24 hour patch but gotta take WEEKS to fix that...

Every week is just more pathetic news from bungie, sad that the company has turned into Bioware levels of competence.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah it’s pretty sad. Despite Destiny 1 having problems when it was released, the core gameplay was great and the premise was really cool. A loot shooter with pvp and coop PvE. All they had to do was keep expanding the content and improve QoL aspects of the game, but they instead take one step forward in two steps back

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yay, Xur finally brought Winter's Guile. Too bad I've basically stopped playing but at least I can say I have every exotic worth having now.

Titan and hunter get quest reward dupes yet again (Doomfang/Raiden), and Sweet Business is the weapon.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ritley D1 was a fucking complete shitshow until TTK.
And yet it improved throughout its lifecycle. Do you honestly think D2 is an improvement over D1? Not release D1 because that is a stupid fucking comparison. The most recent expansion D1.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Stupid to compare D1 vanilla vs D2. Its not like everything that made D1 yr2 and yr3 great all of a sudden does not matter.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but a buddy(also in the clan) and I like to use guided games to find a quick 3rd for the NF...we've found that if the clan is full(happens often) you cannot use any guided games. Makes no sense at all. We should really split the clan by platform! Xboners and PC should find their own clan! ;)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Stupid to compare D1 vanilla vs D2. Its not like everything that made D1 yr2 and yr3 great all of a sudden does not matter.
Yeah but it's not like D2 development waited until D1 was done. They probably got started on it after The Dark Below. Can't just take all the shit from year 3 and roll it all into a new code base.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Supposedly the D2 team made an entirely new codebase because D1 was so scrapped together. It does suck that some of the QoL improvements didn't make it to D2 yet but I'm sure they're coming. I'm still having fun with D2 and eagerly await PC launch.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
So, with the PC version being released in 36 hours, does anyone have a link to a decent min/max guide? I know at one point I saw something that was like "Finish story but don't do these X missions, pvp up to lvl 260, turn in tokens to 265, do world events to 285, etc" but I'm having no luck finding anything like that at the moment.

And yes, I know, just play the game and have fun, yadda yadda. I will have more fun when I get to play with friends on the weekend if I can catch up to all these mofo's taking the whole week off work. :p

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I preordered this with my Bliz bucks but have never played it and know nothing about it.. Anyone with the TLDR guide for this game or feel like running me through the ropes on release?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You're going to regret rushing through, but...

1) Play through campaign to get level 20, will probably finish around 240 power level. Don't accept any powerful/luminous engrams from NPC's.
2) Grind public events, ideally heroic, until you get to 265
3) After 265, accept the engram rewards from Zevala and others. This will raise your power level over the 265 softcap.
4) Grind more public events as your baseline will have raised.
5) At this point the game basically becomes about finishing weekly milestones to get powerful engrams. Nightfall strikes unlock at 240. Raid requires 260 but don't bother until 280+

Last edited:

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Danka Sir! To be honest it looks like I'll actually have either Tuesday or Wed off, so chances are I'll do whatever my friends are doing anyway, but I knew there was something people said "Don't turn in until X" so, powerful engrams, got it