Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I believe the bump happens when you accept the exotic engram from Zavala, did you do all that post-game stuff before resorting to PEs for the last two levels?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Keep in mind for PC the recoil mechanic is going to be vastly different than on console, so current meta of guns may be completely different as well

Been watching some dudes that played PC version on youtube at their latest press invite and they say that hand cannons are the new meta on PC, well... they feel a whole lot better whether or not its the new meta I guess well see.. They say the entire upward chasing recoil thing is gone from PC, they devs told them that it didnt really feel good to have recoil go higher and higher and you have to chase it with your mouse by having to adjust your mouse down so instead they put in more side to side recoil?

Many of them are saying the game looks and feels amazing. They had it running on 4K, 60FPS with some shit turned down to keep the 60 FPS. THE definitive Destiny experience. Cant fucking wait.

Edit: Oh and one of the dudes said that if you have it loaded on SSD, the travel times from planet to planet to activity and to tower are literally 1/3 the time as it is on console. He said you go up to orbit and come straight down. None of this flying in orbit for a min while everything loads.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
People say Hunter isn't great on raid but last week running through multiple Calus attempts I broke 1M damage on him multiple times when others were giving 4-600k. Golden gun + celestial nighthawk = 3-400k in a single shot depending on skull stacks.

Also have no problems killing bathers or dogs, though I do feel a little squishy in throne room because of our shitty armor stats.

The argument is that warlock rifts help everyone do more damage (or heal) and titan half barriers help everyone up their DPS by removing the 3-4 seconds of reload times per calus plate. Whereas as a hunter all your special power does is help only you during your retard roll. Six warlocks or Six titans or a combo would all help each other increase their damage while six hunters would just be six assholes rolling around in front of each others rockets.

That said I really do enjoy hunter with orpheus rigs and void class in everything other than the raid and PVP, its really fun recharging your super instantly on heroic public events with mass group mobs, especially the Hive Titan one. You pretty much generate infinite orbs and have your super up every second of the event, but then again its not something anyone has said is difficult to do whereas I imagine raid prestige or raid challenge (to be seen) can be easier with more warlocks and their rifts.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got my preload finally going.

Any word yet on what time servers are coming up? I'm not taking off work for this game, but more wondering if they'll be cleared up by the time I get home.

Edit: NM, looks like 10am PDT.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Basically this x6 is a full hunter callus run

1EC24AAE-FE39-4337-AC1B-0ED678B8FFF2.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hunter dodge gets a lot of shit but when I play my alts I find myself missing it and wishing I had an instant reload button. If the dodge had i-frames I think it'd be fine and fit the class. The "harder to kill while dodging" perk doesn't do jack shit, either.

spronk

FPS noob
Hunter dodge gets a lot of shit but when I play my alts I find myself missing it and wishing I had an instant reload button. If the dodge had i-frames I think it'd be fine and fit the class. The "harder to kill while dodging" perk doesn't do jack shit, either.

enemies in PVP who see you just start laughing and lose their focus and you can kill them, its a genius perk

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol @ Bungie keeping the auto-aim on PC. RIP PVP.
Is it actual auto aim, or the thing from the beta where you could "turn it on" with an attached controller?

I mean, either way it's a retarded decision, but one is a little less retarded.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Is it actual auto aim, or the thing from the beta where you could "turn it on" with an attached controller?

I mean, either way it's a retarded decision, but one is a little less retarded.

From what I understand it is the same as the beta.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
It sucks. I used it in beta with both my Xim4 and a software spoof of a controller and even after fucking with it for awhile it was too, I dunno how to explain it. It certainly isn't this amazing aim bot people thing it is though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bigger problem with this game in PC shooter metrics is the bullet magnetism which im assuming is still in the PC version.

Malkav

French Madman
Soooo smooth.
60fps stable with everything maxed in 3440*1440 with my 1070 SLI.
Should be the same in 4k on my TV. Fucking fantastic optimization.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty bummed about the aim assist thing. Guess I won't even bother with PVP.

I'm having major buyer's remorse on this one, but hopefully the PVE is fun enough to make it worthwhile. I should probably give the game a shot before writing it all off already, but you all really didn't sell this one on me. That said, hopefully since I never played the original Destiny it'll be all new and shiny.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I'm having major buyer's remorse on this one, but hopefully the PVE is fun enough to make it worthwhile. I should probably give the game a shot before writing it all off already, but you all really didn't sell this one on me. That said, hopefully since I never played the original Destiny it'll be all new and shiny.

You'll get a good 30-40 hours of out of it at minimum, just depends on how long it takes you to hate the grind. 2 dollars per hour of entertainment isn't bad.

Ladro

Anomaly
Soooo smooth.
60fps stable with everything maxed in 3440*1440 with my 1070 SLI.
Should be the same in 4k on my TV. Fucking fantastic optimization.

Yeah looks ridiculously good at 4k60 on my monitor with a 1080ti. Plays really smooth, they did good.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If you pick it up, you'll have fun, and you shouldn't have too much of a dead zone before the DLC comes out in December, so its a pretty good time to get into the game.