Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Raign

Golden Squire
Soooo smooth.
60fps stable with everything maxed in 3440*1440 with my 1070 SLI.
Should be the same in 4k on my TV. Fucking fantastic optimization.

Ditto. I cannot believe how smooth this game is given how good it looks with everything on.

It looks like autoaim only kicks in with a controller plugged in, which isn't to say some people wont try to software glitch it to get an advantage, just that it isn't there with M+K out of the gate.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Don't PC players want aim assist off? Why would someone plug in a controller to enable it and then use KB/M?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Lots of people are being banned already on PC. Seems their anti-cheat crap is flagging lots of apps (background apps, some being apps with overlays) as false-positives such as twitch, Afterburner, possibly even the 'Nvidia GeForce Experience' FPS client, etc.

Bungie's response "In Destiny there are account restriction and bans. Restrictions are only temporary but must be waiting out while bans are permanent. Please note that Bungie will not discuss or overturn account restrictions or bans. You can find more information in Bungie’s Account Restriction and Banning Policies"

What a fucking joke of a company... And yes, I understand they have a FAQ stating their supported apps, but they need to have that disclaimer and warning front-and-center and not buried away in their support docs of which apps are officially supported (and which legitimate software can get you banned).

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Weird, I have MSI Afterburner running all the time, it's handy seeing GPU specs on my keyboard LCD display. I wasnt banned but the game would just crash out. Once I shut it down I was good to go.

Game looks and plays incredibly. I have an 'older' GTX 980 and getting solid 60fps. Worth the wait! I'm leveling faster than I thought I would.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Weird, I have MSI Afterburner running all the time, it's handy seeing GPU specs on my keyboard LCD display. I wasnt banned but the game would just crash out. Once I shut it down I was good to go.

Game looks and plays incredibly. I have an 'older' GTX 980 and getting solid 60fps. Worth the wait! I'm leveling faster than I thought I would.

Seems to only affect people running the FPS and PC info overlay that Afterburner offers. Essentially, anything that has an overlay is an instant ban, you don't even have to make character. The issue is, some run these overlays as default and could easily open the game on accident with these running and be banned. These are all incredibly well-known apps, they should've had proper support to begin with or their checks should be for when you are actually in-game and playing, not when you are loading the game.

Last edited:

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Seems to only affect people running the FPS and PC info overlay that Afterburner offers. Essentially, anything that has an overlay is an instant ban, you don't even have to make character. The issue is, some run these overlays as default and could easily open the game on accident with these running and be banned. These are all incredibly well-known apps, they should've had proper support to begin with (aka: these companies didn't want to give Bungie $$) or their checks should be for when you are actually in-game and playing, not when you are loading the game.

You think developers code in support for Afterburner and the like and that the reason they aren't working is they didn't pay Bungie money?

You're being an idiot.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
You think developers code in support for Afterburner and the like and that the reason they aren't working is they didn't pay Bungie money?

You're being an idiot.

They have specific support for certain apps and their features, so yes, they specifically coded for some of these in mind. Those tend to be more for streaming/recording however.

And I agree, my comment about the $$ was incredibly stupid.

Help: Destiny 2 PC and Third-Party Application Feature Compatibility | Bungie.net

Argarth

On the verandah
Regarding game overlays, I guess that rules out Rivatuner Statistics Server as well then.

Essentially, anything that has an overlay is an instant ban, you don't even have to make character. The issue is, some run these overlays as default and could easily open the game on accident with these running and be banned.

Where did you read this? Sounds like an exaggeration, and if true would be ridiculous without some sort of warning.

I just read through the FAQ, and it makes no mention of bans for using overlay programs, simply that they are not supported and will not work.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
They have specific support for certain apps and their features, so yes, they specifically coded for some of these in mind. Those tend to be more for streaming/recording however.

And I agree, my comment about the $$ was incredibly stupid.

Help: Destiny 2 PC and Third-Party Application Feature Compatibility | Bungie.net

When they say they "support" one of these apps they don't actually mean they coded it in, what they mean is that they aren't actively trying to block them. Bungie, to apparantly limit cheating, has chosen to block overlays. Afterburner still works, you just can't use the OSD.

I dodged a bullet because I didn't get around to picking up my copy. I have Afterburner OSD running by default and would have been banned before I even got to play. I get where they are coming from but I don't think it will stop cheating, and it's certainly going to piss of many PC players. Plus, a warning would have been nice.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Regarding game overlays, I guess that rules out Rivatuner Statistics Server as well then.

Where did you read this? Sounds like an exaggeration, and if true would be ridiculous without some sort of warning.

I just read through the FAQ, and it makes no mention of bans for using overlay programs, simply that they are not supported and will not work.

Numerous threads about the bannings.

Help - PC Support | Forums | Bungie.net

Argarth

On the verandah
Numerous threads about the bannings.

Help - PC Support | Forums | Bungie.net

The first few of those I read seemed a little suspect, i.e. way too calm for legit players insta-banned at the load screen ("Oh, I hope Bungie looks into this" etc)

Just read a few more, and the one from the guy using the discord overlay seemed legit. (I mean he was raging, and so would I :D)

If true, with no warning whatsoever, and not even a mention of the possibility of bans in the FAQ... what a colossal fuck-up.

edit: Was going to give this a crack. Think I'll hold off for a couple of weeks at least... I'd go postal if I got banned like that, and could easily have happened if I hadn't read this thread first.

Last edited:

James Humphrey

Trakanon Raider
Joined the clan. Long time board lurker but big time Destiny player. I played on PS4 and got Hunter, Titan, and Lock to 300+ but, basically, ran out of content. Figured I'd join up with you guys and join the PC fun

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Runs like a dream at max settings, 144fps on the 1440p monitor and 60fps on the OLED tv. Plan on chilling with a wireless controller on TV for leveling and open world PVE and mouse keyboard on the monitor for dungeons/raids/pvp. Only thing that sucks is it seems overlays still don't work in full screen mode.

Edit: Hadn't refreshed for about 30 minutes before making my comment. Have to laugh at the overlay related bans when my first PVP match seemed to have a guy on my team using some sort of aim bot. He went flawless with 28 kills and would kill the entire opposing squad the moment they appeared with his hand cannon.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks like overlays are insta-bans. Glad I didn't buy it, I have MSI afterburner, Shadowplay and Discord overlay running.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Runs like a dream at max settings, 144fps on the 1440p monitor and 60fps on the OLED tv. Plan on chilling with a wireless controller on TV for leveling and open world PVE and mouse keyboard on the monitor for dungeons/raids/pvp. Only thing that sucks is it seems overlays still don't work in full screen mode.

Edit: Hadn't refreshed for about 30 minutes before making my comment. Have to laugh at the overlay related bans when my first PVP match seemed to have a guy on my team using some sort of aim bot. He went flawless with 28 kills and would kill the entire opposing squad the moment they appeared with his hand cannon.

That's that auto-aim shit, people were fucking destroying everyone in beta with Auto-aim and sunshot.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Discord is the one that is likely to get people really pissed off. I expect Bungie to change course here within the next day or announce it was a 'bug.'

Not seeing really any complaints of aimbotting (other than the rediculous "aim assist" stuff) or other cheating as of yet. But the night is still young...

EDIT: As Hekotat mentioned above, that could be the "exploit" where you can use a keyboard/mouse and still get the "aim assist" benefit that a controller gets. Aim assist is pretty funny as-is on the console, I cannot imagine what aim assist + mouse (w/ high sensitivity) is like.

Last edited: