Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm gonna wait on the TTK comparitive expansion when it goes to 10 bucks and includes all the base shit.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I bought a collector's edition by selling gold in WoW. They want $40-80 more? They can go fuck themselves in the asshole.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
L o L fucking really...40-80 USD to fix their fuck up shit?

No...fuck off and suck a fat cock when you do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I didn't wanna spend any more money on Destiny 2 but Arcstrider is getting golden gun throwing knives? Sigh... unzips

But really. The core gameplay changes like any weapon any slot, collections, triumphs, better mod system, those can't be expansion locked right? Those are 90% of my frustrations with the game.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not seeing anything in the reveal to bitch about, it all looks good. I hope those of you complaining about the cost are doing so just on principle, and not the actual cost. TTK cost $40...and it was amazing. Then you get 3 dlc's for $10 each... no big deal, imo. Now bitching about them cutting up content and doling it out for more $, sure that is lame.

Nine new supers, weapon slots, weapon rng, armor perk, interesting new gamemode, some new Fallen-based race, etc. All looks good. We even get bulk deletion of shaders and a Lore tab.

Ladro

Anomaly
Not sure why people think you have to buy this to get the 2.0 changes, that’s free and will be available for everyone. If you want the new content (new hub, levels, quest/story) in September that will cost you $40, which is hardly any different from any other xpac release anywhere.

Changes looked good, in game grimoire 2.0 is a welcome addition.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I bought a collector's edition by selling gold in WoW. They want $40-80 more? They can go fuck themselves in the asshole.

Yeah same I wasted $100 on the shit from wow gold as well. If these fucking dick-suckers think they can get more cash from that bag of shit they call a game they be cray cray.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
oh its also not just $40 for an xpac, there will be a year 2 season pass which is $30 more or $80 for the deluxe version combining both. WAT A DEAL YO

fuck bungie, put out a shitty sequel worse in every way than the first game and now have the balls to ask $80 to basically half ass fix things

De8QrrMUcAAEGKX.jpg

40 forexpansion, same as TTK

30 more for season pass...as always.

80 for both plus faggot ornaments.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'll give them this, these guys have some balls. I don't know how the fatass running that place still has a job

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
You guys are funny. You’ll throw money at the screen for a WoW expansion but bitch about a console game doing the same thing? What do you want from them? Free content for life without cost? It’s like you’ve never played an online game before.

spronk

FPS noob
I have zero problems with asking for $ for content, my problem is Destiny 2 fucked things up so badly from D1 - moving to 4v4 pvp, this shitty ass weapon swap system, the dumbass mods, the shitty shaders, crap exotics, terrible raids, still little matchmaking - and they finally sort of (maybe?) fix it with the first DLC by literally undoing everything and going back to the Destiny 1 systems and they have the balls to charge MSRP and no apologies.

Maybe if they said "hey, if you own D1 and D2 you'll get a 50% discount, thats our apology" I'd be cool. But fuck you bungie for doing everything shitty so far and then in your attempt to fix it (ATTEMPT still, I am 100% sure they will fuck up in all new ways) you want full $$ for it. Taken King was fine because D1 was fine for me, and TTK just made everything better.

But that just is pre order, if it turns out this xpac is as good or better than taken king and makes everything better I'll jump in... but a few months later when its 50% or more off, playing Destiny content at launch has proven to be nothing more than just really painful and pointless for the last few releases. The only time it was advantageous was at D1 launch when you could loot cave for hours.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You guys are funny. You’ll throw money at the screen for a WoW expansion but bitch about a console game doing the same thing? What do you want from them? Free content for life without cost? It’s like you’ve never played an online game before.

Name one WoW expansion that completely fucked everything up and put all loot behind a paywall?

There is a stark difference between the two.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

Okay, first things first...

D2 was an Expansion, calling it a new game is a HUGE stretch. I would argue that Halo 1 to halo 2 to halo 3 were "new" games so to speak because of the tech upgrades and basically having to re-do the game for new hardware on each one. This game was a re-release of Destiny 1 with features removed LOL...

By proxy WoW (which I haven't played for a while now...) releases expansions on the base game that expand the nature of the game and extend the life of the game by months, likely longer if you achievement hunt..

You literally can't achievement hunt in Destiny 2...

But that just is pre order, if it turns out this xpac is as good or better than taken king and makes everything better I'll jump in...

The part that makes me salty is that they didn't really make the game much better with my initial 30 dollars for their season pass, now I gotta suck a dick AGAIN for their next "maybe it'll be a good update" cash grab? No thanks, if this "expansion" is decent it is a slap in the face to people who paid the OG 30 dollars for a DECENT FUCKING SEASON.

Name one WoW expansion that completely fucked everything up

Ehhhh, I don't think you should bark up that tree because, depending on who you ask, you'll get a laundry list of things in various expansions.

Cataclysm? Was so boring, the premise was good but the expansion was just slow paced and unremarkable.

Panda Land? The premise threw a lot of people off, the content was decent and they brought back a central hub city that was convenient, fuck "For THIS expansion ONLY" quests.

Dreanor? Another expansion with a cool idea, the barraks and then your farm got fucked from panda-land. Again, fuck "For THIS expansion ONLY" quests.

Legion? DAILY QUESTS I REALLY HOPE YOU LOVE DAILY QUESTS AND RNG, this was the last expansion I played "Seriously" and still quit after about 3-6 months I think..Here is an artifact level weapon OH...only for this expansion...

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
L o L fucking really...40-80 USD to fix their fuck up shit?

No...fuck off and suck a fat cock when you do.
It's amazing that people like to throw money at promises even after they've been burned before.

But whatever, it's their money.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ladro

Anomaly
Name one WoW expansion that completely fucked everything up and put all loot behind a paywall?

There is a stark difference between the two.

Well, every single one honestly. You can't get to the new areas, acquire any of the new item sets, or level up with out buying it. Pretty sure that's the same thing here. There's always a huge major patch before hand that upends the mechanics and skill trees and then you get the expansion drop with all the content that has to be purchased.

I'm not saying D2 started out fucking amazing or anything, but bitching about buying something is silly. Dont. Play with the base game and stop whining.

Ladro

Anomaly
Okay, first things first...

D2 was an Expansion, calling it a new game is a HUGE stretch. I would argue that Halo 1 to halo 2 to halo 3 were "new" games so to speak because of the tech upgrades and basically having to re-do the game for new hardware on each one. This game was a re-release of Destiny 1 with features removed LOL...

By proxy WoW (which I haven't played for a while now...) releases expansions on the base game that expand the nature of the game and extend the life of the game by months, likely longer if you achievement hunt..

You literally can't achievement hunt in Destiny 2...

I'll give you that. It was more like D1.5 with a complete reset on internal processes that is obfuscated from us plebs. This expansion at least seems headed in the right direction and bringing the grimoire into game ala Triumphs and Collections is something people asked for in D1 for 3 years. People should be happier than shit but instead it's "fuck you im not giving you money"

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
People should be happier than shit but instead it's "fuck you im not giving you money"

I mean you said it yourself, people PAID for Destiny 2 and received Destiny 1.5, I don't think it is too far a stretch to imagine that some part of the player-base isn't entirely satisfied with shelling out an additional 40-80 USD (assuming features are going to be locked behind a pay wall) to get the experience they should have received on release.

Speaking personally, the content I received as part of the Season pass was a joke and broke the game for a bit on the balance side of things. Balance was always a joke but after those "expansions" it was beyond broken.

• 2Like