Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
i play mayhem today with my green triumph armor set and got 10 kills in 1 game and ~30-35% of the supers thing every game, done in 3 games so not too bad this week. thats the green tho, dunno if the blue is more effort. Play mayhem, you have a super every 15 secs - fire for titan, arc for hunter, void for warlock i'd say is the easiest

i have to read up though on how to get those orb things, I saw a bunch of fire ones drop when i did one of the quest missions but none of them counted and i am at 0% for all elemental orbs still.

Blue armor PvP requirement is to get 5 wins in Crucible.

To get orbs to drop, you need to have a full set of the SoH armor equipped, it bases it off your sub class elemental type and the weapons you use. I matched them all for the type of orb I was going after. "Yellow" bar mobs drop most of your orbs, while "Red" bar have a chance. Public Events are a great place to get orbs. Look for Glimmer Extraction events and draw it out as long as you can to get more mobs to spawn. Farming Redux Missions can be good as well due to the number of "Yellow" bar mobs that spawn. Find a good spot, kill then die to reset the area, repeat.

The Blue armor Redux missions are progressively harder. Have a friend that needs to do the green armor missions? Join them wearing your blue armor, and get credit for running the missions on easy mode. Need a power level bump while running them? Switch out your armor after loading into the mission (except the one you need the credit for) and own.

All in all it is worth the hassle, it is their "catch up" mechanic to give people a chance to raise their light level in preparation for Forsaken. Remember, this is not like WoW where greens will replace epics. Drops will still be based on your current light level. You do move up faster, but only up to a point.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I played most the evening last night and never once got a mayhem game. I finally got to blue armor and thank the gods there is only Crucible wins on this set, I can deal with that.

Mayhem is a crucible game mode. Bottom center icon (iirc) when you open the Crucible menu.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
is the blue armor harder/easier than the green? I'm kinda thinking of not bothering with either, just seems like a lot of work and not sure why i'm trying

although its funny Ice T is a destiny 2 player apparently

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Personally I think Blue is easier/faster than Green. The tasks are much more straight forward and some overlap.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Jesus, the more I read this thread t he more I realize "PC Master Race" players are fucking monolgoids

• 1Salty

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
is the blue armor harder/easier than the green? I'm kinda thinking of not bothering with either, just seems like a lot of work and not sure why i'm trying

although its funny Ice T is a destiny 2 player apparently

Blue seems way easier than green from what I read. Just doing missions and stuff.

Hekotat

Jesus, the more I read this thread t he more I realize "PC Master Race" players are fucking monolgoids

I can wreck shit with a mouse and keyboard, but I haven't played FPS games with a controller since Perfect Dark on N64.

I do fine in PVE but trying to react in PVP with the controller I just can't do it, I'm also old as fuck.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looks like D1 is finally back. 2 hit melees, 3 shot hand cannon kills, sub 1.0 sec TTK. faster respawns, better supers, etc..etc...

I'm still skeptical. Yes the coming changes are needed to make crucible fun again and I hope they are what they sound like.

I'm still confused about the three tap hand cannons though. The 110 archetype can three tap on live now so what's going to be the difference between it and the 140 archetype?

I'd like to go back to the eyasluna feel personally with 1H 2B so maybe the 110 archetype will be that and the 140 archetype will be 2H 1B? Some clarity would be nice.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm still skeptical. Yes the coming changes are needed to make crucible fun again and I hope they are what they sound like.

I'm still confused about the three tap hand cannons though. The 110 archetype can three tap on live now so what's going to be the difference between it and the 140 archetype?

I'd like to go back to the eyasluna feel personally with 1H 2B so maybe the 110 archetype will be that and the 140 archetype will be 2H 1B? Some clarity would be nice.

Either way they are decreasing TTK across the board, so even if its not exactly like D1 was, its going to be a hell of a lot better than it is now. But to tell you the truth my beef is not with the TTK in D2 it was the 4v4, the change in weapon load out (snipers and shottys are now heavy) and the decrease in supers and grenade availability. But on the other hand the heavy change brought actual primary use into crucible, which is not a bad thing. waht i remember from D1 was too much 1hk with shotty and sniper, which is not good either if you think about it.

Even now with bringing back 6v6 it already feels better.

Last edited:

GonzytheMage

Either way they are decreasing TTK across the board, so even if its not exactly like D1 was, its going to be a hell of a lot better than it is now. But to tell you the truth my beef is not with the TTK in D2 it was the 4v4, the change in weapon load out (snipers and shottys are now heavy) and the decrease in supers and grenade availability. But on the other hand the heavy change brought actual primary use into crucible, which is not a bad thing. waht i remember from D1 was too much 1hk with shotty and sniper, which is not good either if you think about it.

Even now with bringing back 6v6 it already feels better.

I'm all for primary use, if the primaries are rewarding to use. D2 went way overboard reducing ttk which encouraged hand holding and holding lanes rather than roaming the map. I never felt deadly in D2 which made pvp bland.

Sure jugg titan skating shotgunning should never happen again but hard hitting primaries and heavies increase the urgency in pvp for both the predator and prey. Really shotguns wasn't THAT big of a deal until primary play got neutered.

The hype team did their job though I'm interested in pvp for the first time since launch.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I can wreck shit with a mouse and keyboard, but I haven't played FPS games with a controller since Perfect Dark on N64.

I do fine in PVE but trying to react in PVP with the controller I just can't do it, I'm also old as fuck.

Its weird to hear that. Destiny and Overwatch I am much more into on console and see less issues because the games are so ability driven. I get Key Mouse on the shooter side of things, or the precision shot, but on Console the aim assist/bigger hitbox makes ip for it, and it s easier to dominate on ability.

When I first swapped I had a hard time because I was almost trying to be too perfect on aim in PVP. Like trying to nail the shots as if on PC. But you can really cut loose on accuracy on console. That might help you actually. Just knowing every headshot doesnt need to be perfect on console might speed your killing. If that makes any kind of sense.

I dont think I have had a sober Crucible single player queue game with under 2.0 KD in months, and I am a 35 year old fat sleepy lazy ass. Far from good at games anymore.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I just want the fucking Last word back. it was ACTUALLY a unique yellow since it was a hip fire hand cannon. I miss actual awesome yellows that changed your game play, and were hard to earn.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL in D1 I bought the last word from Xur right when it started to show up in crucible when they added it. I remember he sold it within a few weeks of them adding it, definitely in vanilla days. It was also broken as fuck for a long time, probably till TTK, or just before, when they finally nerfed the range on it. (And the ghost bullet thing) While most weapons were in the .8-1.0s TTK that fucking thing was like .7, it had no counter other than a 1HK like shotty or snipes.

GonzytheMage

I just want the fucking Last word back. it was ACTUALLY a unique yellow since it was a hip fire hand cannon. I miss actual awesome yellows that changed your game play, and were hard to earn.

I'd play the shit out of D2 if they gave us tlw back. Not even gonna be greedy and ask for the Y1 version, I'd take the Y2 version and be happy.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
D1 pre nerf Thorn was the best pvp times

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
D1 pre nerf Thorn was the best pvp times
That's what the game was for like a year straight. Thorn vs tlw. Sure there were others, but that was meta for a long fucking time. Thorn was a fucking cross the map sniper, and TLW was sure death if they got within 20 yrds.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I honestly enjoyed the TTK era the most. You had pulses, autos, handcannons, all pretty much viable in PvP, some better than others. Red Death, Nirwins Mercy, TLW, Eyesluna, Hakannons Hatchet, vendor Hawksaw etc....Then later they nerfed the pulses a bit later into TTK. Everrybody was farming that one strike to get that one fast firing pulse god roll. Good times....

But then I did not play during HoW, which some say was the best times too. But I could not compare.

• 1Like

Hekotat

I've got the Red Crimson (I think that's right) and it's the best hand cannon I've ever used. 3 round burts, maxed out impact and it heals on a kill and refills the mag on a precision kill. Amazing hip fired too.