Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finally got my purple armor yesterday, those solar super kills took for fucking ever.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Ok so sorry for the noob question but...;

I got some gift from the Eververse store, it included some armor ornamet thingy. I "unlocked" it... and I seem unable to change the armor look? (this was for a helmet). What am I missing?

Ive tired to "inspect" the helmet I have, it has no slot for it and it does not show up as a shader, mod or anything.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok so real noob question. Just started playing this a week or so ago and I'm basically just doing missions/leveling up. Are there any good guides out there for starting out for gear/mods/etc.? For example I just unlocked challenges and had to look up what lost sectors were. Thanks.

Hekotat

Ok so sorry for the noob question but...;

I got some gift from the Eververse store, it included some armor ornamet thingy. I "unlocked" it... and I seem unable to change the armor look? (this was for a helmet). What am I missing?

Ive tired to "inspect" the helmet I have, it has no slot for it and it does not show up as a shader, mod or anything.

You didn't get an ornament you got a catalyst, the catalyst allows your weapon to be converted to a masterwork tier item.

Hekotat

Ok so real noob question. Just started playing this a week or so ago and I'm basically just doing missions/leveling up. Are there any good guides out there for starting out for gear/mods/etc.? For example I just unlocked challenges and had to look up what lost sectors were. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry too much about mods since they will be changing in like 15 days. Just do what you think is fun, don't try to poopsock it and see where it goes.

What level are you? There is a point where you need to start doing Nightfalls, Heroics atleast once per week to get better gear. If you're on PS4 get in the clan, we always need a 3rd for the nightfall since it doesn't match make.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wouldn't worry too much about mods since they will be changing in like 15 days. Just do what you think is fun, don't try to poopsock it and see where it goes.

What level are you? There is a point where you need to start doing Nightfalls, Heroics atleast once per week to get better gear. If you're on PS4 get in the clan, we always need a 3rd for the nightfall since it doesn't match make.

Thanks, only level 17 so far and PC. Too bad no cross platform.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
You didn't get an ornament you got a catalyst, the catalyst allows your weapon to be converted to a masterwork tier item.

Its actually a skin for the "hero" armor it seems, but thank you for the swift reply :) Now to find out why this game still lacks outfit slots.

Hekotat

Its actually a skin for the "hero" armor it seems, but thank you for the swift reply :) Now to find out why this game still lacks outfit slots.

Ah, gotcha.

The Catalyst fucked me up the first few times I got one, I thought the game ate my ornaments but it was a different thing. I assumed that's what happened to you.

Vandyn Vandyn Beat the story, hit 20 then start doing strikes or whatever. Blue gear currently caps at 350 but will change with the new patch/DLC. Once you get close to 350 find some guys to run with for Nightfall/Heroics. You're going to get your butthole jammed in Heroics but it's fun if you have a good group.

Hekotat

What's up with Blizzard and a few other companies making it so hard to buy games? Blizzard only lists the forsaken bundle, DLCs and the collector's edition on the buy it now page. What if people want to buy the base game?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Finally got my purple armor yesterday, those solar super kills took for fucking ever.

For the green armor it was easy, 4 games of meyhem and 30 super kills was done. Not sure about the blue though. Still have to do my purple orbs thing, its the only thing left. But got most of the green finished last night. Had my kid run with me on the mission parts, then did the rest solo. Probably finish up the void orbs today doing the PEs.

But good job completing that shit.

Last edited:

Hekotat

For the green armor it was easy, 4 games of meyhem and 30 super kills was done. Not sure about the blue though. Still have to do my purple orbs thing, its the only thing left. But got most of the green finished last night. Had my kid run with me on the mission parts, then did the rest solo. Probably finish up the void orbs today doing the PEs.

But good job completing that shit.

The super kills was the only horrible part to me, the rest of the time I was just playing normally to get them.

I'm ready for these weapon changes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So yeah, you were not kidding on those solar super kills, fuck me. Took me a solid 6 hours to bust out all of the other shit, but still stuck on the solar supers @45%, lol.

Hekotat

So yeah, you were not kidding on those solar super kills, fuck me. Took me a solid 6 hours to bust out all of the other shit, but still stuck on the solar supers @45%, lol.

Yeah it's fucking retarded. I was at 99% and wiped out like 20 mobs and had to do another strike because it wasn't enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, go to EDZ or Nessus. Look for rally flags (PEs spawn fastest on those 2 planets). Rally to get super, use it. Fast travel to another area, then go back to the rally flag, fill up, use. Repeat.

Architect's Edge Lost Sector is fast and has a lot of grouped up mobs.

Hekotat

Oh, go to EDZ or Nessus. Look for rally flags (PEs spawn fastest on those 2 planets). Rally to get super, use it. Fast travel to another area, then go back to the rally flag, fill up, use. Repeat.

Architect's Edge Lost Sector is fast and has a lot of grouped up mobs.

I farmed most of mine in the edz where fallen and cabal fought each other. It was just how many kills equal a percent.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Finally got it, took 4 strikes to go from 79% to 100% and finally have my set for titan. Also fuck doing this shit again with any of the other two characters, this grind, while not that long is tedious and boring. Bumped up my light to 385, still have a ton of weapons to upgrade now which will bump me up some more im thinking.

BTW I did the war thing, I also did the PE rally flag shit, its just so fucking boring.

Also managed to score the helm and breastplate to complete my YR1 iron bannana set. Now my titan can pimp the entire set.

italica

Trakanon Raider

Do the "Postmodern Prometheus" adventure on Io. Run it up to the end and just don't kill any of the Taken Blights. It shits out orbs of light constantly and essentially gives you infinite super energy while the 4 blights keep spawning taken in.

Also apparently the explosions from Titan's explosive hammers, and the sunspots on the other tree don't actually count towards the completion. Have to actually hit things with the hammers.

Edit: As long as you don't kill the taken blights the adventure will not end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So it seems like they basically fucked over anyone that did the grind for the elusive Redricks Claymore. Supposedly next season they are adding a Redricks Broadsword which is essentially the same thing except now with random perks in addition, oh and its behind some quest that probably 90% peple will be able to complete without the 50-100 hour grind.

I know they fucked up and competative was shit, but way to compensate their players that ground their asses off for a supposed one season only weapon to backstab them right in the next season. They could of retired this weapon and gave us ANYTHING new. New AR with same perk, or whatever. Shit even bring back that one Pulse from D1 that you got from that strike with the witch at the end. I know that thing was a beast even in the post pulse meta.

Oh, Xur has Orpheous Rig this weekend so if your hunter does not have them, here is your chance. Basically gives you unlimited super and orb generation for your team if you tether 4 or more mobs. Tier S in PvE.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Heh, I knew they were going to do that with Redricks. Still, if I were way better in PvP I would have gone for it.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently the people that got the Claymore can get the Broadsword from a drop or something easy. Here is the quest for the rest of us. Though as I understand it, they do not need to be done sequentially:

Step 1: In the Crucible. Defeat 200 opponents with Pulse Rifle final blows.

Step 2: Reach Valor Rank “Heroic”

Step 3: In the Crucible. Earn 75 Double Plays.

Step 4: In the Crucible. Defeat 150 opponents with precision final blows from any Pulse Rifle.

Step 5: In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Arc final blows In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Solar final blows In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Void final blows

Step 6: Complete 25 Crucible matches in Quickplay (Rotators count) Complete 25 Crucible matches in Competitive Complete 25 Crucible matches in Rumble

Step 7: Complete 20 Crucible Bounties

Step 8: Reset your Valor rank 5 times within a single season

Step 9: Visit Lord Shaxx and claim your reward