Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
That quest is next expansion, new version of the gun. I hope to be busy with PvE stuff for a couple weeks before trying it when I finish everything else :D

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its gonna be a different meta. Shorter time to kill will definitely make the mid and higher ROF pulses good maybe even the low rate of fire pulses as well depending on how many headshots/bodyshots you need for kill, I forsee the same type of meta with beginning of Taken King, its gonna be the mid/fast ROF pulses, and on PC its gonna be pulses+HC.

Then with the ammo and weapon changes shotties will be back with a vengeance.

Its gonna be fun to watch the new metas emerge. Right now the low ROF pulses, the 390s and lower are 3 bursts if you land mostly head shots. Will these become 2 burst? Probably not but im hoping so. As to the new broadsword, it should still be really good. Doing the same DMG as the 390 ROF pulse at 540 RPM? Yeah this thing will still be god weapon with that perk active.

I hope the graviton dies, as well as a well needed nerf to Vigilance wing. This whole meta needs to die. Every match is literally flooded with graviton and vigilance. Maybe a few HCs on PC.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont care what anyone says, they might of fucked this game this time around with dumb ideas, etc. But this is still by far the best feeling shooter out there. ITs just something about it that sets it apart from the rest.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I dont care what anyone says, they might of fucked this game this time around with dumb ideas, etc. But this is still by far the best feeling shooter out there. ITs just something about it that sets it apart from the rest.

Their strikes are absolutely amazing as far as PVE goes, trying to pull off dumb shit is what makes it so fun.

My only real complaint now is character migration. I forget who our Bungo rep is here, was it Eldiroth or did he leave? If anyone is still here that is a part of Bungo have they even mulled this over?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think its Z Zarcath if I remember right...

Meh, right now is perfect time to just start fresh. When expansion hits. The only thing you will be lacking for a few weeks is exotics. But the purps are like rain in this game. You thinking about moving to PC?
I dont think they will ever have migration. No games have that shit between different consoles/pc.

I still have all 3 on ps4, all to 300 (and this was after leveling all 3 titans the first 2 weeks before I found out about the powerful engram nerf (if you roll all 3 of same class you can only get one set of milestone per week per class)and most exotics and all that shit, then moved to PC when it released and I was up and running within a few weeks, again all 3 classes to 20 or whatever vanilla was. This game is hardly a grind. Its a kids console grind, not a WOW/EQ type grind were used to. Thwe only thing that sucks is they cockblock your progression with shit like weeklies and other lockouts. And its not like I play this all hardcore either, few hours a night taking some days off, etc..

Example of how easy it is, my kid wanted a titan when we started back up a few weeks ago, i ran him through it, finished all vanilla quest, osiris and warmind in one night on a saturday. By the end he was 330ish power, by second week he was 340ish.

Last edited:

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>

Totally agree. It has messed up other FPS for me. Tried playing Quake Champions and it just feels so sluggish and crappy compared to D2. I never thought I would say anything like that. Q1-3 was some great gaming.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!

The gun play is just so darn good in this. Each gun can feel a little different. To the point you can hold onto something cause it’s literally your favorite. Plus the gun sounds are solid.

I have a Hunter in the 350’s and a titan at 300. I may have to get with you guys on the PS4.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The gun play is just so darn good in this. Each gun can feel a little different. To the point you can hold onto something cause it’s literally your favorite. Plus the gun sounds are solid.

I have a Hunter in the 350’s and a titan at 300. I may have to get with you guys on the PS4.

We always need a 3rd for nightfalls, hit me up on PSN vandeverof1

spronk

FPS noob
cayde would have been alive if he had picked arcstrider before the strike began

also that isn't nathan fillion anymore, is it? sounds more like uncharted drake

• 1Worf

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
The guy that voices Ghost took over for Fillion. Damn fine job of it too it seems.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
cayde would have been alive if he had picked arcstrider before the strike began

also that isn't nathan fillion anymore, is it? sounds more like uncharted drake

It would have been hilarious if instead of being tackled, someone walked up and Tractor Cannoned him :D

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Nolan North did a very nice Nathan Fillion impression, especially with the Exo voice modulation it sounds very much on point.

I concur that Destiny's actual gameplay is solid, always has been. Its the rest of it that is a mess:

Regurgitated enemies
Derivative landscapes
Terrible grind for progression etc.

It is, however, the completely nonsensical plot that really drove me away. The original narrative teaser had such amazing potential for this epic story that was part mystery and part futuristic dungeons & dragons as you try and unearth all the lost artifacts of humanity's golden age. Instead we get a rehashed mess after they tossed out the original creators and their amazeballs twist ending followed with a bunch of missed opportunities as they just toss in new 'guess whose coming to dinner'-style invading challenges.

We're two and a half games in and we still have no real idea of what exactly caused the collapse of the 'golden age', for fucks sake we don't even know the backstory of the Exos and Awoken as humanity off-shoots.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
We're two and a half games in and we still have no real idea of what exactly caused the collapse of the 'golden age', for fucks sake we don't even know the backstory of the Exos and Awoken as humanity off-shoots.

The best part is... the creators of Destiny dont know that information either....