Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Having not played since release, did they ever add in-game chat to PC? Was real dumb it wasn't there at launch.

Also I bought the collectors edition or whatever at launch with blizz bucks, what did that give me? Would there still be content $ locked now?

You'd have access to Curse of Osiris and Warmind (both are shit). You'd have to buy Forsaken (which is awesome) and the season pass for the Black Armory (which is also pretty cool).

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hadnt played since start of Warmind...and since there's nothing else on my radar to play I decided to pick up Forsaken+season pass while it was on sale. Boosted a hunter to get started right into forsaken. Having fun going through the new story, supers, etc so far. Even during the leveling process there seems like a ton of content to do!

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hadnt played since start of Warmind...and since there's nothing else on my radar to play I decided to pick up Forsaken+season pass while it was on sale. Boosted a hunter to get started right into forsaken. Having fun going through the new story, supers, etc so far. Even during the leveling process there seems like a ton of content to do!
Warmind was ok, Curse of Osiris felt dumb but w/e (because of the raise in the max LL I was overleveled for it, which I think actually helped me enjoy it mre). The Forsaken was great. The split quests for the barons was both annoying and great... it felt like a ton to do, but at least they were short so I could do one or two very quickly then go do something else. I was a bit disappointed that once I finished that scenario and got access to the dreaming city there was never a large conglomeration of people there trying to do events. I like when it's crowded and hectic and dream city hasn't been. Might just be because of the rotation of areas.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Warmind was ok, Curse of Osiris felt dumb but w/e (because of the raise in the max LL I was overleveled for it, which I think actually helped me enjoy it mre). The Forsaken was great. The split quests for the barons was both annoying and great... it felt like a ton to do, but at least they were short so I could do one or two very quickly then go do something else. I was a bit disappointed that once I finished that scenario and got access to the dreaming city there was never a large conglomeration of people there trying to do events. I like when it's crowded and hectic and dream city hasn't been. Might just be because of the rotation of areas.

I'm on the barons now, i was slightly annoyed that they start at 390 light and i was 365 when i unlocked them, so have been running around leveling/gearing up to do them.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Warmind was awesome
I could see that as endgame at the time, but it's tedious unless the daily is in Mars.

Though, chaining the swarm events with a bunch of people was fucking awesome, especially when it got to the end boss on the hardest setting.

I take it back, Warmind was fun, I wish I had played it when it was current.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There's a ton of shit to do. When I'm not sure what to do or go collect once milestones are done, Braytech keeps me on track. The checklists and "this week" views are priceless.

Braytech

Fadaar

That guy
I could see that as endgame at the time, but it's tedious unless the daily is in Mars.

Though, chaining the swarm events with a bunch of people was fucking awesome, especially when it got to the end boss on the hardest setting.

I take it back, Warmind was fun, I wish I had played it when it was current.

Yeah the grinding kinda sucks, I was mostly referring to the story quests and the strikes. I love that worm god fight, especially the very beginning.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I bought this on PC recently. I can boost a character to 30, but since I never played I decided to start brand new on the original content. Should I bother working on any factions or gear or should I just play story missions until I catch up the most recent DLC/expansion?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I bought this on PC recently. I can boost a character to 30, but since I never played I decided to start brand new on the original content. Should I bother working on any factions or gear or should I just play story missions until I catch up the most recent DLC/expansion?

Its cool to go through story because you get exotics along the way that are still relevant today which you can always get from your collection tab at a relevant item level later on. Osiris, you can just run through main story and skip the weapon grind there. Warmind is cool story to run through on your way to 50 and there is a few weapons you want to quest for there for sure, one is the sleeper simulant quest and the other is a scout rifle that explodes every 4th or 5th shot, I forget. Warmind also has Escalation Protocols you want to grind for the shotgun, but you can do that anytime. Honestly you can skip the scout, but definitely grind out that sleeper, it will be your first real boss melter.

Pick up the bounty from drifter for the auto rifle pinnacle weapon, and pick up the bounty from Zavala for the pinnacle fusion rifle, and just grind those as you go along. Not sure if they will be available next season so you should pick them up. (that auto rifle is OP as fuck in PvE)

But yeah just do story missions and level up. If you get stuck at some levels not being able to do shit, grind out a few public events anywhere, those are usually good EXP and will help you boost your level up so you can do the harder missions.

Most of the forsaken stuff kind of overwrote the other shit you get along the way (weapons and armor) so you should really just concentrate on getting there as fast as you can. But that sleeper simulant is a great boss melter and I really feel you should at least grind that out. Its a long quest chain, but you can do it and the reward is worth it.

Then there is the armory stuff(most recent DLC) , not sure if you picked up the season pass for $30 but if you get there its higly worth it for the guns you get there, which is a fantastic LMG, high impact sniper, god tier pulse rifle, void hand cannon, AR, bow and a sword which are whatevs. And best of all is you can run that shit over and over to score some great rolls on those.

Look out for mods like rampage, kill clip, outlaw. those are god tier in PvE.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Just go straight story and catch up.

Edit: mkopec mkopec nailed it

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This games biggest problem is still the gear and weapons, they just need way more shit to grind.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Was hoping for pinnacle weapon details, did I miss them somewhere?
Yeah, read my link.

Yeah...that's why I keep coming back...it feels so good but progression blows...
What blows? Progression is brain dead straight forward.

This games biggest problem is still the gear and weapons, they just need way more shit to grind.
Disagree. I have so much shit to farm I usually don't know where to start.

Last edited:
  • 1Like