Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Shit, I want to play. Anyone know the cost of starting on PC? I do have the base game but nothing else. (Preferably in WoW gold since I cant count)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Shit, I want to play. Anyone know the cost of starting on PC? I do have the base game but nothing else. (Preferably in WoW gold since I cant count)
Think it's on sale for everything for like 40 bones? Or is that over

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Yep, still at the blizzard store for 39.99 for everything (includes annual pass).

I don't know what WoW gold is. Can you buy stuff from the store with it?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So if I get back into this in prep for Shadowkeep, what's the current state of being able to solo shit? I'll probably only bother with 2 of the 3 classes (level one normally through content I missed, use the boost on the second one). Back when I last played hunter was by far the best for open world stuff because the staff ult was like an order of magnitude stronger than every other ult and trivialized almost all the heroic PEs. And titan had that grenade build that made soloing group and even nightfall stuff pretty easy. That was a long ass time ago though, I assume everything has changed.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
You can solo all the way to max level/light level with any of the characters, it really depends on your preference. There is no OP class, except for some situational stuff, but even then it is not crazy.

Strikes/Gambit/Crucible/Menegerie/Forges are all match made. Raids and Nightfalls are not.

If you do the power surge quest to 690, not much is going to be very difficult except raids.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
All classes got a new super with Forsaken and the new Warlock super people use to solo shit with. It basically a rift that heals you gives you overshiels and +dmg. Game changed A TON since those times. They put snipers and shotgouns to secondary slot again, made supers easier to get (more orbs drop everywhere) better weapons too grind for.

Here is Destinys solo god check out his vods...

Here is probabaly one of the hardest strikes (exotic weapon quest for Thorn) solo with warlock, but he does it with all classes. This strike has some shit modifiers which make it super difficult, basically all the mini bosses have shields and everything one shots you.

Last edited:

Vorph

How many people who solo stuff like that have a full set of gear obtained through high end pvp and pve raiding though? There's often some fine print involved when people talk about soloing.
Also one last thing before I buy the Forsaken pack, if pvp fagging up game by having rewards that are among the top choices for use in pve is something that's always bugged the shit out of me in Destiny and every other game where it happens, how am I going to feel about the current state of D2? I ask because I saw people on reddit talking about pvp pinnacle weapons being among the best pve weapons too.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is the recluse (void SMG) right now which is top deeps for pve shit but not really necessary IMO. Many, many people dont have it and they get by just fine. They introduced the mida mini tool again in menagerie and if you get surrounded perk on it its just as good. Many, many options out there weapon wise. Its more along the lines of what YOU like to use. There is a bit of grindage to get some of them but thats the nature of these games. You will have plenty of shit to do and grind for. Also dont be afraid of the matchmade stuff like gambit menagerie and the forges there is awesome stuff yu can get there. I know youre mostly a solo dude, but they are super fun matchmade activities with great rewards. No one ever talks or chats in them anyway so think of it as soloing but with a few bots running around too. Im mostly a solo dude too and this game has tons of shit to do. and the power fantasy is really strong in this game.

Also that video above hes not using any weapons any solo dude cannot obtain.

Honesty I dont see too many people using raid weapons at all in the game. MAybe the armor because it looks cool?

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You can literally make yourself some of the best weapons in the game on demand right now with the chalice mechanic. Farm activities for rune drops, slot runes in a specific combination for a given item, run Menagerie, congrats you just got exactly what you wanted. Perks are random but you can keep slotting the same runes over and over until you get the perfect roll. Same applies to armor.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
The armor from raiding is only a cosmetic thing compared to stuff you get anywhere else. Some of the weapons can be beasts, but I cannot think of anything that I have from raids that are must haves beyond a gimmick. Pulse/HC/Machine Gun from forge with the right rolls are all you might ever need. I have both Mountain Top and Recluse, they are nice to have, but honestly they are not blow your mind better than the black armory or Menagerie stuff.

Vorph

Sounds good. Was mostly just concerned because as much as everyone said (and I agreed) RoI was a great expansion in D1, I personally didn't get as much out of it as I would have liked. I can live with having to matchmake for some pve stuff when needed, but anything that needs a headset or involves any pvp at all is right out.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The only raid weapon I have that is completely unique is Anarchy. It's a weapon unlike any other in the game and does huge passive DPS while you blast away with another weapon/super. Great weapon and I'm sad any time I can't use it.

Vorph

Bought the Forsaken pack on PSN last night, but only had enough time to log in and look at all my characters, buy Xur's stuff just in case any of it mattered (got Trinity Ghoul from the engram), etc. By then I was tired and noped out of the information overload that seems just as overwhelming as coming back to D1 in RoI after 2 years of being gone.

As I level up do I need to pay any attention to all the current weapons and armor I have (early Y1, quit before Osiris even)? Or do I just shard it all once I'm higher level and using new drops? And all those armor mods I spent so much time grinding for are now useless and should just be dismantled?

Anything else I absolutely need to know before I start working through the expansions to level up?

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just do the leveling thing, do story in all the exp packs. Osiris you can skip the weapon grind, they had shit for weapons in todays meta they dont matter. Warmind had a few, the stimulant sleeper(which is still one of the best major/heavy boss killers) and there was a scout rifle too which is nice from the nascent dawn quest line. Forsaken takes you to lv50 and it opens up the draming city which has nice shit and a few powerful rewards per week. ITs nice to get the sleeper as it will be one of the best heavys you have on your way to 750. Key is to level to 50 as fast as possible.

Forges were the next DLC and its a bit of a grind to open them all up but worth. There is a few exotics there and the weapons you can grind a few every week, great pulse rifle, great HMG, void hand cannon can be done over and over again once you unlock them for the god rolls or curated rolls. There is also a bow an AR and sword. Not sure what the meta on console is but they work like this, pick up a frame, do a few things to complete it, then run the forge for the reward. And you can do this over and over again to grind out the sweet rolls. (TLW exotic quest)

The next DLC was the drifter shit, thorn HC, and some other shit, but to tell you the truth what im hearing is that it was a huge grind for the drops so I never really did it too much.

The current is the menagerie, do a thing like the strike (cannot fail) and collect rewards. Great primary HC, great sniper, and some other shit to grind for like armor you can basically set rolls for (for instance hunters can roll more recovery on their gear) Also Truth quest and supposedly some new exotic HC next week.

Oh I forgot, once you hit 50 go see the oppulance bot either in tower or on nessus, he will give you quest/ blues to get you to 690.

Last edited:

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Armor and Weapon Mods are still useful. Ada-1 offers some new ones as well.

Note the Menagerie bug that allows you to farm multiple drops per run is being fixed on July 9. There are other Menagerie pages that tell you what runes to slot but I use the following:

Menagerie combos

Vorph

Armor and Weapon Mods are still useful. Ada-1 offers some new ones as well.
Even this early Y1 stuff? In game description says 'deprecated item'. (Not sure what I'm supposed to do with all the transmat effects either.)

italica

Trakanon Raider
Even this early Y1 stuff? In game description says 'deprecated item'. (Not sure what I'm supposed to do with all the transmat effects either.)
View attachment 213443

Everything except weapon mods and randomly rolled weapons/armor can be pulled back out of collections, no reason to keep them in your inventory if you aren't using them immediately.