Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Riskrunner still has valid use cases in difficult missions where you're likely to take arc damage (Zero Hour, nightfalls) but the rest of the weapons you listed have been upgraded in every way.

Here's my top uses since I switched to PC in November:
View attachment 213553
2nd trust. Really easy to get from Gambit and I got one with Explosive + Dragonfly to really make things explody.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trust and Bygones are amazing guns if you get some of the better rolls, Bygones in particular is one of my favorite PVP weapons. Austringer is quickly becoming my new favorite hand cannon, and I don't even have one of the better god rolls yet. I need to farm up some decent Sniper aug gear and sit down and practice a bit more, been running Pulse/HC and shotgun for too long, and my headshot game has gone to shit.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Well, I'm only top 23%, just crossed 400hrs on PC and I haven't had any issues upgrading outside of trying to run week 1 COS - and even then I was only bottlenecked by glimmer. Now my main is sitting on two full MW'd sets and I have 8-9 weeks of farming left before the next update.

Do you even Dresstiny though? :p

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Vorph Vorph
Basically youre looking for anything with outlaw and rampage for pve shit. If you get an outlaw rampage roll on any gun, chances are it will be usable/servicable even if they are not the "meta" right now. Even a straight up rampage with some other shit perk will be better than no rampage. Some will say other shit but I find these rolls to be the best for PVE. For consoles look for shit that has a good aim assist on it. you can see the hidden stats on DIM (destiny Item Manager)

PC and console is different though. I have not played console in a long while and yeah I used a shit ton of ARs on console when I did play (yr 1 when the 450 ARs were the meta). The pulses I do like when they come full auto too. For some reason they seem to fire better and quicker than I could ever pull the trigger in the timing, so look out for those.

Ive been mainly using Austringer that I rolled with outlaw and rampage on it. In my energy slot I change it out quite often but I find for gambit I love the Jotun since most of the blockers have solar shields, it takes 3 shots to down a captain and you can do it at range too so you wont be smacked. Its almost like a heavy in this regard, it hits hard, sort of tracks, and plenty of green ammo around. I used to use full auto shotties like Ikelos before, but since they nerfed the fire rate I find them less effective and I dont even use it anymore. Other shit I use is snipers, I definitely find myself using riskrunner a lot too. For heavy since they nerfed the HMG dmg, I find myself using the grenade launchers. I found a nice one form last Iron Banner which has spike grenades (more dmg on actual hits, not splash) and quickdraw and snapshot sights. But for gambit if youre still gonna invade HMG is still best because you can take out a full team with one brick if your aim is good. I also like the new slower firing HMG like the one form menagerie too, tons of range and they hit hard.

Bows are nice too to break shields but I find myself not using too many bows. But if youre gonna be doing some of the harder nighfall or other dungeons, they come in handy against shielded enemies.

For PvP I like they bygones the drifter sold in season 4? Full auto and kill clip. I also use Ace of Spades and the thorn which I just got last week a lot and I have a full auto and outlaw Swift Ride XE8375 which dropped from one of the forges which is nice too. Jotun works well, its kind of a meme gun though in crucible, Erentil FR4 is nice too, fucking thing maps people when you get used to the charge time on it. Ive also had good success with Galliard-42 XN7568 600 rpm kill clip auto rifle if the match is not too sweaty. But it jsut does not compare to the TTKs of hand cannons and pretty much your tracking has to be on point hitting mostly heads. Suros is also good with the spin up perk too, double if youre using the titan exotic chest which partially reloads your mag on auto rifles. Auto rifles are in a tough spot. They like to be used in medium range, get out ranged by pulses and out TTKed by them too. And hand cannons in their respective range is 3 headshots so, ARs just dont compare. Those hard hitting 4 burst pulses like go Figure or Blast Furnace, youre talking about only 2 bursts to kill someone with a nasty .73 TTK if they hit headshots.

PVe shit though other than high end pve, it just does not matter what you use really. most of the PvE day to day like strikes, missions, forges, menagerie just does not matter, use whatever feels best to you. Its only the high end stuff like raids, nightfalls etc, that you have to coordinate on shield breaks and shit like that. This is where a good arsenal of snipers is good to have in all flavors, etc...

Not sure if its still available but grind out the breakneck (gambit pinnacle) if you like ARs for PvE shit the thing melts. Also not sure if its avalable but zavala had the Loaded Question which is great for PvE with reservoir burst perk. Grind out as many of the pinnacle weapons as you can, they are all good.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I've hit 50 on my hunter, and I'm not sure how to best proceed. I want to get in as much Menagerie farming as possible before they nerf whatever it is that's "broken" about it next week. I've only just hit Spider's part of Forsaken though, not sure how much is left. And it would go a lot fucking faster if the bounties I've done would actually count towards completion. I've done 7 or 8 and only gotten credit for 4 of the 5 I need. At any rate, once I finish Forsaken and get access to the season stuff, will I be able to queue for Menagerie with just a bunch of 690 + a couple Y1 exotics I pull out of my collection, or will I have to grind to 750 first? No idea if there's a bunch of prep work required for the chalice before I can start farming guns either. Playtime is somewhat limited by the holiday, my birthday, and usual summer weekend stuff that can't be avoided so I would like to be as efficient as possible.

Constantly slamming into the glimmer cap too. Anything worth spending it on besides collection/upgrading duplicates for the moment? I know about the barge chests but I'm going to waste a shitload of it between now and when I unlock them.

Is it just me or are all the new hunter subspecs trash? I got my first one last night and it doesn't look like I'd ever use any of them. Hopefully the warlock ones are more interesting. Not liking hunter as much as I did in general too. I don't want to level another character now with the clock ticking but a switch to warlock seems like a good idea once the loot nerf happens.

Gambit--is this actually pvp or just some kind of weird competitive coop mode? There's a couple things I'd like from it, but if it's actually pvp then I'll just scratch them off the list.

Last thing, anyone still play on ps4 and have an active clan? The FoH one is completely dead as far as I can tell. Still debating a switch to PC once crosssave is in, but until then I'm stuck on console.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Vorph Vorph

Gambit is mostly PVE, but with a PVP components. 4 vs 4 player. Each team is in its own arena. You kill npcs and gather motes that they drop. Fill your bank with motes to send other npcs to the other team. A portal opens up that lets one player port to the other side and they have 30 seconds to try and kill some other players(or get killed). First team to bank 75 motes, summons a primevil(big NPC). First team to kill their primeval wins. I'm not interested in crucible at all, but I really enjoy Gambit.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So I've hit 50 on my hunter, and I'm not sure how to best proceed. I want to get in as much Menagerie farming as possible before they nerf whatever it is that's "broken" about it next week. I've only just hit Spider's part of Forsaken though, not sure how much is left. And it would go a lot fucking faster if the bounties I've done would actually count towards completion. I've done 7 or 8 and only gotten credit for 4 of the 5 I need.
The Forsaken campaign revolves around hunting the Barons which should all be adventures on your map already around the Tangled shore, do them in order of light level recommendation. You still have the Dreaming City to unlock at the end of the Forsaken campaign which has a ton of content itself to chase.

At any rate, once I finish Forsaken and get access to the season stuff, will I be able to queue for Menagerie with just a bunch of 690 + a couple Y1 exotics I pull out of my collection, or will I have to grind to 750 first? No idea if there's a bunch of prep work required for the chalice before I can start farming guns either.
You can jump in to Menagerie once you're 690 but it's going to be painful. That said, regular Menagerie can't be failed and you'll eventually beat it. What you can actually make with your chalice is going to be limited by the upgrades you are able to purchase in time, which given the one week left plus your schedule doesn't seem like it'll be a lot. There are 3 rune slots and 9 ability tiers all of which are unlocked with Imperials (random currency drop, bounty/triumph reward) to fully upgrade your chalice. You can make some guns with only a single rune, but most items worth having require at least 2 runes to be slotted. Problem is, you can't even get certain runes to drop unless the corresponding chalice perk enabling their use is unlocked.

Constantly slamming into the glimmer cap too. Anything worth spending it on besides collection/upgrading duplicates for the moment? I know about the barge chests but I'm going to waste a shitload of it between now and when I unlock them.
Buy things from Spider. He rotates his inventory every day and either sells planetary mats / enhancement cores / glimmer / shards. Stock up on planetary mats for gear infusions. First core of the day is 10 shards and it goes up. So buy 1 daily on the cheap.

Is it just me or are all the new hunter subspecs trash? I got my first one last night and it doesn't look like I'd ever use any of them.
Solar one has some fun play with burning buffs, fan of knives, decent super. Arc one is very fun in PVE with an uppercut melee attack and is serviceable in PVP with the bullet deflection. Void spectral blades are overpowered in PVP pretty much and if you're good can supply unlimited invis in PVE. They're all pretty good.

Gambit--is this actually pvp or just some kind of weird competitive coop mode? There's a couple things I'd like from it, but if it's actually pvp then I'll just scratch them off the list.
90% PVE but a good invading player on either team can make or break a match. You can play it and never invade the other team if you like, but getting invaded is a normal part of play. Basically it's a Dark Souls red phantom player that can either pick off your team one by one, or you can all kill them in .5 seconds. If they kill one of your teammates while that player is holding X motes, they are lost to the void and you have to kill X more mobs to regain them.

Last thing, anyone still play on ps4 and have an active clan? The FoH one is completely dead as far as I can tell. Still debating a switch to PC once crosssave is in, but until then I'm stuck on console.
100% switch and don't look back. Everything is better on PC, even if you want to continue using a controller (I do).

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah PC is like Destiny on sterioids. Nothing beats the smoothness of playing this game in 150 frames and 100-105 FOV.

MU1Pezz.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I'm playing on ultrawide with freesync. It's one of the most optimized games I've played on PC. Looks and plays awesome.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

You can jump in to Menagerie once you're 690 but it's going to be painful. That said, regular Menagerie can't be failed and you'll eventually beat it. What you can actually make with your chalice is going to be limited by the upgrades you are able to purchase in time, which given the one week left plus your schedule doesn't seem like it'll be a lot. There are 3 rune slots and 9 ability tiers all of which are unlocked with Imperials (random currency drop, bounty/triumph reward) to fully upgrade your chalice. You can make some guns with only a single rune, but most items worth having require at least 2 runes to be slotted. Problem is, you can't even get certain runes to drop unless the corresponding chalice perk enabling their use is unlocked.
Ah, bummer. Any idea how much grinding is involved to get the chalice to the point where you can get 'ideal' drops? Or are you talking more like a timegate that isn't even possible in one week to begin with?

100% switch and don't look back. Everything is better on PC, even if you want to continue using a controller (I do).
Yeah PC is like Destiny on sterioids. Nothing beats the smoothness of playing this game in 150 frames and 100-105 FOV.
MU1Pezz.jpg
Yeah, I'd definitely like to switch, if for no other reason that I might be able to talk a couple friends into playing if I was on PC. My main issue is that I don't want to upgrade my [aging] PC until just before Cyberpunk comes out, and a while back I bought an ultrawide monitor for PoE and other ARPGs. Even with Freesync I'm not sure I'd be happy with the framerate. Second issue is audio. I'd have to go back to playing the game with headphones which would suck, and hooking the PC up to the TV isn't a possibility at all.

I'd really like to play with mouse and keyboard though. :/ And that FOV at 21:9 is very nice. (21:9 and 16:9 both saying 105 is weird though, guessing the 16:9 is really more like 90 since anything over that tends to have horrible fish eye effect). I'd also miss HDR on PC, since Windows implementation of it is often broken and generally just terrible, but I suppose better textures/AA and the ability to turn off garbage like chromatic aberration, depth of field, and motion blur would make up for it.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
What are your machine specs? I had a 1060 3GB vid card and was getting 60 FPS at 1080. Turned a lot of the garbage off, and the game still looked amazing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Ah, bummer. Any idea how much grinding is involved to get the chalice to the point where you can get 'ideal' drops? Or are you talking more like a timegate that isn't even possible in one week to begin with?
I forget the imperial costs but you can get a lot upfront from triumphs and chests. Unlock first 2 slots then afk your way through rumble for runes. Then run Menagerie.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Youre gonna have to play your ass off to upgrade that chalice enough. First upgrade should be for a chance to drop 500 imperials while doing strikes gambit or crucible. Then upgrade your rune slots.

What people been doing is grinding out the shit before upgrading the runes. So greens they grind out the austringer and sniper, then upgrade to the blues so it does not dilute the pool.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I forget the imperial costs but you can get a lot upfront from triumphs and chests. Unlock first 2 slots then afk your way through rumble for runes. Then run Menagerie.

LOL, I did not even know that was a thing until I opened up the triumphs like 2 weeks in and clicked on a few. I always wondered WTF people were doing to upgrade their chalice so quickly.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Took me 2 weeks up fully upgrade the Chalice, doing everything possible on all three characters.

Vorph

What are your machine specs? I had a 1060 3GB vid card and was getting 60 FPS at 1080. Turned a lot of the garbage off, and the game still looked amazing.
Phenom II X6 (which prevented me from trying the PC demo at all way back when, but from what I understand they patched out the SSSE3 requirement), R9 290X 4GB, and only 8GB of RAM. Like I said, as far as gaming goes I barely use it for anything but Path of Exile anymore. 1080p might be ok, but my main monitor is 3440x1440.

I guess since the Zen 2 series is finally coming out in a few days, there's really not much reason to wait until next year to upgrade. There's not going to be any major upgrades over a Ryzen 7 3700X between now and then. The GPU is why I'd planned to hold off, but I could just use the 290X until more solid info about Navi GPUs is available.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
yeah 1440p youre gonna need more of a beefier card probably like a 2070. and def new proc since that 2070 would be bottlenecked something fierce. I got a cheap $400 1070 regular and an i5 9600K and I get about 130-140 fps on ultra 1080p.

Vorph

Team Red for life here, so I'll be going with Ryzen 7 3700X and a Navi RX3080 most likely. Depends on how expensive the next step above 3080 is, and AMD hasn't leaked anything there afaik. Finally being able to get 16-32GB of RAM and a m.2 nvme ssd should make a huge difference too. Destiny 2 load times on PS4 Pro are excruciatingly long. For all the shit BioWare took, even Anthem wasn't this bad for load times. They were just stupid and put a load screen before you could check your loadout.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got my shit on second SSD and load times are nill. actually, sometimes you wait for like 20-30 sec to have others load into activities, lol.