Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Rest of that shit just dismantle. as for weapons, any exotic and yr 1 gun can be retrived from collections tab. Its better to retrive them from collections because you dont spend cores to upgrade them. They juct come a bit under your power level.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Oh right, I forgot about those old mods. They revamped the mod system so that you cannot change the elemental damage type. You can dismantle the deprecated stuff.

Banshee and Ada-1 have the newer Mods.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Most year one weapons (outside of exceptional raid ones, like Midnight Coup) are largely useless now because they lack the mod slot that Y2 weapons have. Similar story with armor, fewer perks / mod slots on older gear. However, armor is being completely revamped with Shadow Keep.

italica

Trakanon Raider
I have all my pieces mw'd because that's an extra 10% damage reduction in PVE.

I dunno... until you've got the exact rolls on a piece you know you'll keep for a long ass time, armor masterworking feels unnecessary due to it's insane cost of Enhancement Cores?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
YMMV, but I did not really notice much of a difference when I had master worked armor.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I dunno... until you've got the exact rolls on a piece you know you'll keep for a long ass time, armor masterworking feels unnecessary due to it's insane cost of Enhancement Cores?
I mean I have like 15 armor pieces with enhanced perks/specific activity mods. If you are active then any upgrade mat shortages are a myth. I've powered 3 characters to max infusing a lot along the way and mw'd two armor sets on my main.

Last edited:

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I am in the top 1% of time played on PC. Mat shortages are not a myth, it also is not as big of a deal as they are made out to be. Enhancement core should never have been added to the light level upgrade requirement for items and left to master working. I don't have a lot of complaints about the game, but that is one that always gets to me.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There some kind of [PVE] tier list for weapons out there that more that two people might agree is accurate? People post them to reddit and the responses are always shitting on it. Are autorifles really in as bad shape as I'm seeing on reddit (which was about 98% retard if it's still like it was back when I played, so I take everything they say with a huge block of salt)? I prefer using them over scout/pulse/hc, but not if they're terrible now.

I have pretty much every weapon from vanilla D2, and I see some people say that the exotic GLs (Fighting Lion/Prospector) are pretty good still. If you don't have Mountaintop anyway, which there's a 0% chance of me ever getting.

Also I'm confused with how the random perks work now. Like almost all my exotic boots(except St0mp-ee5 of course) have Traction on them, but none of them do if I reclaim. So I'm unclear what determines what perks are on the reclaimable version, and if there's some way to get the reclaim to update to the perk you'd always want on a particular item, once you get it.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Reclaiming does not give random perks. Auto-Rifles and Scouts and most SMGs are not in a good place right now. I had to use one when we took Hekotat through Eater of Worlds and it was misery.

Edit: Valakadyn(sp?) with Outlaw Rampage is a pretty good AR

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There some kind of [PVE] tier list for weapons out there that more that two people might agree is accurate? People post them to reddit and the responses are always shitting on it. Are autorifles really in as bad shape as I'm seeing on reddit (which was about 98% retard if it's still like it was back when I played, so I take everything they say with a huge block of salt)? I prefer using them over scout/pulse/hc, but not if they're terrible now.
Auto and Scout Rifles are in a pretty bad place balance wise, mainly because the ranges they should be good at are dominated by Hand Canons / Pulse Rifles / SMGs and the accuracies that a mouse provides. Would need to know more about your preferred play to give a list of recommendations but generally speaking you should go for the good Black Armory stuff (Kindled Orchid, Hammerhead, Stryker's Sure Hand, Blast Furnace, Jotunn). Menagerie weapons also have some amazing rolls: Austringer, Calus Mini-Tool, Imperial Decree, Fixed Odds, Beloved. If you are willing to do exotic quests you will almost certainly want to run the Outbreak Perfected mission (Zero Hour) and Whisper of the Worm.

I have pretty much every weapon from vanilla D2, and I see some people say that the exotic GLs (Fighting Lion/Prospector) are pretty good still. If you don't have Mountaintop anyway, which there's a 0% chance of me ever getting.
Prospector's main use in the meta right now is basically burning down two or three raid bosses. If you don't plan to raid, the necessity for a good GL is non-existent.

Also I'm confused with how the random perks work now. Like almost all my exotic boots(except St0mp-ee5 of course) have Traction on them, but none of them do if I reclaim.
All Y1 armor is static. Every time Y2 armor drops it has completely random perks drawn from a pool for each column. You can see the available options for any given item by looking it up on light.gg. The majority of Y2 armors can't be reclaimed from collections because of this random nature. Exotic armor, on the other hand, always drops (or are sold by Xur) with random rolls but they also have static, unchanging versions you can pull from your collections. They are unique in this regard.

I am in the top 1% of time played on PC. Mat shortages are not a myth, it also is not as big of a deal as they are made out to be.
Well, I'm only top 23%, just crossed 400hrs on PC and I haven't had any issues upgrading outside of trying to run week 1 COS - and even then I was only bottlenecked by glimmer. Now my main is sitting on two full MW'd sets and I have 8-9 weeks of farming left before the next update.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

The truly sad part of the pvp weapon list is that I have only ever used Lord of Wolves during the last Iron Banner. Mind you, I did put in about 300+ IBs.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Would need to know more about your preferred play to give a list of recommendations
I play on console but I can aim just fine with a gamepad. Only time it's an issue is when something is suddenly in my face and then I can't get a headshot as often as I'd like. For that reason, I'd prefer to use a kinetic AR, but at the moment I use Better Devils or Nameless Midnight most of the time since none of the exotics I have seem any good at all and while Origin Story is alright I don't find it nearly as effective as the explosive payload guns.

Riskrunner (occasional swap to Merciless or Prometheus Lens) and Sins of the Past are what I've been using in the other two slots. Not really much imagination there, it's the same loadout I used almost always back when the game was new too.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Hammerhead will replace Sins of the Past. Riskrunner I really only use during certain NF's and Bergusia/Gofannon Forge. Sunshot is high on the list because of completing the catalyst.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Riskrunner still has valid use cases in difficult missions where you're likely to take arc damage (Zero Hour, nightfalls) but the rest of the weapons you listed have been upgraded in every way.

Here's my top uses since I switched to PC in November:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I listed? No mate, I just linked what's been used (by me) since I started playing. Notice the 16k Blast Furnace kills, and the 10k Hammerhead kills compared with Origin Story (3k) and Sins (700). This should tell you that at least for me, Blast Furnace and Hammerhead have been in heavy use since the Black Armory launched. I think I've used Sins once since Forsaken launched when I needed to get arc launcher kills -- I didn't have Wardcliff at the time. Fighting Lion kills? almost 100% of those are from doing Wendigo.

This is the current meta.

Last edited: