Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Probably.

I have not logged in in a while but last time you had to.

Last time also it really wasnt that much of a grind but you had to do some selected missions from the original destiny 2 campaign but they were like nighfall+ difficulty, and you had to do them three times, one each for green, blue than purple pieces of armor. THAT was the real grind. Some easier than others but I specifically remember the tank one, where you had to kill all those Cabal and infiltrate their ship. Well in the original mission they let you spawn all the tanks you needed, EZ PZ, but in this shitty mission they gave you one, which blew up in like the first minute of the fucking mission, so then you had to go and kill all that shit using your weapons. Hard and tedious as hell. I had my kid log in an help and even then it was a bitch.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The armor you get now is not 2.0 but you will get 2.0 equivalents when the update hits.

You only have to get the purple set, you don't need to masterwork it.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Note once a piece is done, you can swap it with something useful. You do not have to wear the full set unless specified.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Finished my helmet without trying, not sure how easy the rest will be. How long is the event? How hard will masterworking the armor be for someone who doesn't usually group with people?

Also, does anyone know of a map with the chest locations for EAZ?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The EAZ is a really cool map. I wish they'd use it for more stuff.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Really for this first set if you do 10 gambit/crucible and 10 strikes you should get most of it on accident. Just need to pay attention to what type of orbs you need to try and generate on a couple pieces of gear to help that along.

As a sub-700 noob I don't mind the grind too much, gives me something to work towards and helps put off the gaming ADD a bit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Same. I still have so much shit to do and only my Warlock is max power.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Two more weeks means 18 more mods from Menagerie before the season is over and we lose that perk of the Chalice. Seems important given the apparent reliance of mods that Armor 2.0 will have.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
For the 100 mini boss kills in EAZ (copied from reddit, seems they ahve been deleting these):

So if you don't know this already, I hope to save you some time here. So what you'll want to do is get together a fireteam to farm this. If you can't find one or don't have one on hand just use the app, but make sure to tell them beforehand that you're going to be using this method.

What you want to do is make sure you've got an instance with a Cabal encounter. Proceed as normal and if you're lucky the boss you'll get (I believe there are only two variants) is the one where you need to kill 3 big boy Cabal guys.

Kill two of the three and leave the last one alive and just go hide somewhere until he wanders off being a big pissed space rhino. Every 35-45ish seconds you'll see a message appear on screen that says "A Psion Engineer has arrived to assist the Cabal!" or something along those lines.

What then will happen is a Cabal dropship will swoop down and dump off a yellow health bar Psion, who if left alone will create some scorpion turrets. Kill him (He's pretty easy) and they will continue to respawn. Each one counts as a mini-boss for your progress.

Get the whole thing done in a single trip like this in an hour or less. This I've found is faster than the killing of the mini-bosses and then returning to orbit to repeat. Once you've got that encounter it's just a matter of killing 100 of the Psions.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I ground out my remaining 90 mini bosses in the EAZ yesterday. Took me under five hours as a solo queue and aside from that step I finished two blue armor pieces. Honestly I don't think the cabal psion farm has much value. You want to be opening as many chests as you can so you can save solstice packages and reroll the armor once you unlock it. This is the biggest EAZ farm requirement of the entire quest so it's your chance to get as much as possible.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there much information on what Shadowkeep is going to be about, other than Hive back on the Moon? If its something like the Hive gained access to Siva and we have to fight all sorts of Siva'd Hive + whatever they control...I'll be even more disappointed and uninterested.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Not that i have seen, they probably won't release much until much more until September.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So when is this patch that fixes reckoning drops dropping?

Also, I read that shit he put down and Ok they are taking lessons learned, but it still remains to be seen how they implement in yr 3. IMO this game still lacking from the rewards side of things. I always said that people dont mind running same shit over and over if there is rewards to grind out. Like I dont mind grinding strikes or gambit for the pinnacle of the season, but IMO there needs to be more.

With strikes, why dont they add back the strike specific loot like they had in D1. Make the shit random roll, and put the drop rate at a reasonable level and bam, you now give people incentive to do strikes. Rotate them out every season. I remember grinding that one strike in D1 fror that hunter cloak with the fur around the collar, and when it finally dropped I was so hyped. I also think that strikes have gotten to easy with all the power creep that happened over the last year. Yeah, its fun to jsut bust out a strike and rool through it, but without some challenge it becomes boring.

Gambit has its own set of problems, it needs more specific loot and there needs to be a reason to win. right now there is no incentive to win. Plus they add in pinnacle weapons grinds like breakneck and hush which pretty much gimp you as a player because youre moving away from the meta to complete them. Then add to this this armor grind this month and youre really gimping yourself. They also need to start rotating the weapon rewards every season too. Were still grinding the same damn weapons from day one forsaken in gambit, and most of those weapons are trash.

Reckoning I never really did past a few times. It was a fail IMO as far as content. Boring uninspired grind with nothing to show for it besides 2 blues and a token 99% of the time.

Chalice shit on the other hand was a hit. Shit even if they never broke the chest thing in the beginning it was still a fun activity that rewarded solid gameplay by finishing it sooner and you got to choose your reward. Only thing about the grind I did not like is that it felt like it was fixed. It was fixed in that certain rolls on weapons had more weight than other better perks. this was pretty apparent when the chest bug was in and you had 6-7 same weapons drop with the same shit perks over and over. This should not be IMO, when you have an RNG system in place let it be fair at least.

PvP side of things I feel its definitely in a better place than d2 vanilla for sure. Quickplay IMO still needs the SBMM back in though. they way they balance teams right now is pretty bad. Comp I never really played all that much but others enjoy it and some say its aids and broken. Also overall I think they need to be mixing up the meta more often to mix it up some more from season to season. I feel PvP has really been left behind in Forsaken as a whole. I also feel they need to add trials back. Even though its more of the competitive shit but now on steroids, I feel this game mode really added a lot to destiny and it kept certain players coming back every week, I also enjoyed the streams on twitch, just watching good teams play.

Balance wise, and this is just my opinion, but at least on PC They need to nerf the range on pulses and hand cannons so scouts and AR come back into play, they have been pretty much missing from the meta since vanilla. Buff auto rifle damage so that they are at least competitive again. I feel that the range on all weapons need to be adjusted, IMO destiny always had problems with the range balance. Hand cannons should be close to med-, AR should be close to med, pulse close to med+, scouts med to long. Also I feel that still shotties are too strong and too much range. And right now this last season snipers are coming back a bit too strong as well. Its starting to remind me again of D1 where PvP ended up being nothing but a secondary one hit game where primaries were rarely used. I dont think this is good for the game.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wife and I had never done Shattered Throne before... 3 hours later it's finally done. Oof.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user