Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ive heard that its still broken. Heard some chat about it in a stream I was watching. But that could be just rumors though.

BTW had fun in that new Activity on the moon the last few days. Scored a curated rocket launcher, then last night I got like 4-5 shotties but none with snapshot, then today I got a snapshot sniper. I wish they had more weapons to grind for there.
seems to be working fine now... unless it's broken somewhere else down the line... but ada gives out the black armory key mold now and i'm progressing just fine

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm having a hard time logging on to Destiny these days.

I really wish they would have done a vendor/open world legendary refresh with Shadowkeep. Some of my best memories of D1 were just chain running the strike playlist hoping for some sweet strike specific loot.

Also I heard Xenophage...sucks? That it's maybe bugged?

j00t

apparently it's not bugged. people were thinking it was bugged because it doesn't crit anymore but the devs said they specifically removed it's ability to crit. however, they did admit that they believe it's underperforming and will be buffing it soon.

j00t

Izanagi quest is still bugged, just at a different spot now, lol... When you use the black armory key, it uses the key but nothing happens. Ugh.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been meaning to do that quest. I need the last key tho for the box.

There is a fan theory out there of bringing back Perfect Paradox (Saint 14's shotgun) as a kinetic exotic. That would def be the tits. We don't have a good exotic kinetic shotgun.

Or bring back 4 horsemen from d2. I'd fuck with that.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
We had a great shotgun. Ikelos. Lasted a pretty good amount of time until it got nerfed. It wasn't exotic, but it might as well have been. Chaperone... exotic, can be good in PvP. Would love to see Perfect Paradox as a viable shotty. I love the way it feels.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL the Ikelos was the Recluse back in its day. No one left home without it. And it tokk some work to farm for it. I farmed the shit out of that Mars activity and finally got one. Still to this day I never got the SMG, which was a beast in the crucible at that time.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ugh that last fight for leviathan's breath sucks... is there some gimmick or is it really just that annoying of a fight?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ugh that last fight for leviathan's breath sucks... is there some gimmick or is it really just that annoying of a fight?

Yep its pretty annoying, welcome to Yr1. This is how this strike was back in yr one except you didnt have missiles raining down on you. Until power creep happened in yr 2 we had to do this the old school way and do all 3 phases. Jsut run for your life and keep each other alive. Kill trash, slam balls and do dmg phase.

Believe it or not its one of the easier exotic quests to get. some of the other strikes for shit like the malfesence, the thorn, and izanagi is much harder.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yep its pretty annoying, welcome to Yr1. This is how this strike was back in yr one except you didnt have missiles raining down on you. Until power creep happened in yr 2 we had to do this the old school way and do all 3 phases. Jsut run for your life and keep each other alive. Kill trash, slam balls and do dmg phase.

Believe it or not its one of the easier exotic quests to get. some of the other strikes for shit like the malfesence, the thorn, and izanagi is much harder.
Waaaaaaait...

Slam balls?!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Waaaaaaait...

Slam balls?!

Yeah, after the initial damage phase when you arrive via the elevator, when he goes up top to the two towers, he shields himself with an impenetrable shield. So some balls will be exposed where a ship comes down and removes some stuff, just like in the beginning portion of the strike, you take the balls and slam them in the appropriate side to break his shield. Then he will come down for another dmg phase. This happens twice. Look out for it in your UI, they show you where the balls spawn and when you pick them up it will also show you where to slam them.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, after the initial damage phase when you arrive via the elevator, when he goes up top to the two towers, he shields himself with an impenetrable shield. So some balls will be exposed where a ship comes down and removes some stuff, just like in the beginning portion of the strike, you take the balls and slam them in the appropriate side to break his shield. Then he will come down for another dmg phase. This happens twice. Look out for it in your UI, they show you where the balls spawn and when you pick them up it will also show you where to slam them.
Ah yeah, I was thinking of some other mechanic. We got to the shotgun phase three times before someone dropped.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I gotta say quite honestly that this is the best the crucible has been in D2. Its no longer hand cannon crucible but now you can use a slew of weapons in there and do well. Sure there is still some outliers but literally in no time has D2 had this variety. Last night I used a good portion of my entire arsenal and did well, MIDA, Monte Carlo, Bray Wolf with kill clip, Recluse, Claws of the wolf with kill clip, Outlast, Galliard 42 with kill clip, and even the Pulperfect with rangefinder and kill clip I was lucky to get to drop. I also saw people using other shit like Jotun, all sorts of fusion rifles, other scouts, snipers, etc..etc... for the past 4+ seasons it was nothing more than hand cannons in the crucible. It was so boring and what a great change they made.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just started playing again...what happens to pinnacle gear on Thursdays?

Pinnacle gear is the only way to advance past 950 hard cap, before thursday, all pinnacle rewards were +1, thursday they become +2. Iron banner bounties right now drop pinnacle gear as well as other shit like 100K nighfall, raid gear. So all hes saying is dont turn in your iron banner bounties until thursday where you will get the +2 instead of the +1.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BTW speaking pof power level, there is already dudes that are 999. Its fucking crazy how much grinding that is. I guess there is some lore somewhere that says if you become 999 and beat the last boss of the shattered throne solo, something happens. I watched a dude last night do it at 999 (seasonal rank 1100+ btw) and he got a cat treat. gg bungie. I guess the dude played like 10 days played in the last 14 days.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pinnacle gear is the only way to advance past 950 hard cap, before thursday, all pinnacle rewards were +1, thursday they become +2. Iron banner bounties right now drop pinnacle gear as well as other shit like 100K nighfall, raid gear. So all hes saying is dont turn in your iron banner bounties until thursday where you will get the +2 instead of the +1.

Thanks, I knew about pinnacle gear, just had no idea about the thursday thing. Is that an every thursday thing? Or is something changing this thursday?