Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm definitely willing to give them some time to pull stuff together. they had a lot more resources under activision but they had much less freedom. don't get me wrong i think paid content should be worthwhile, just that shadowkeep was being developed while still under activision... season of dawn might have even been as well, i'm not sure.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
As I understand it, they are reusing assets to save HD space for Consoles. Which is partly why they are going with temporary content in seasons as well.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
i'm definitely willing to give them some time to pull stuff together. they had a lot more resources under activision but they had much less freedom. don't get me wrong i think paid content should be worthwhile, just that shadowkeep was being developed while still under activision... season of dawn might have even been as well, i'm not sure.

Meh, I dont buy the less freedom shit. If you look at the cash shop now vs what it was under activision, its more aggressive now than it ever was. At least under activision they had it set up that the longer you played, you got the shit from the cash shop for free. And by most counts by the end of the season you ended up having most of that cash shop stuff through the bright engrams. The model they have now they got rid of all that shit. Plus youre starting to see more and more cool models and armor in cash shop which should be in the fucking game instead of the cash shop.

Plus if you think about it, that other company that was making content for Destiny came up with some cool shit, like the Warmind expansion and a lot of the Forsaken shit. I think that was a heavy loss for Bungie losing those other studios making shit for them. Ill still reserve judgment for now since we dont know fuck all about this next season, but looking at that roadmap its not looking too good on paper at least. Not enough for a 3 month season.

And still no Trials, only one new PvP map, no new strikes, does not seem to be any new dungeon added this season from the roadmap, no new raid or raid lair, no new gambit refresh for rewards, no other vendor refresh either, It just seems like they traded the Vex incursion to some new horde activity on Mercury and called it a new season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, that's definitely true...

initially i didn't really like how destiny was being run because there was new paid content so often that you sort of had to shell out a bunch of money every few months. i mean, i definitely understand that there needs to be content to play and keep people invested, but i distinctly remember having a conversation with the (ex)wife about buying a new expac and her asking why i'm buying the game several times a year.

i guess my point is i'd rather have larger content dropped less frequently than smaller content more often... but i don't know... anyways, my point is i'm willing to give bungie a shot and see how they handle being on their own and there's some slack i'm willing to give them... but i think that also means i'll be more critical if things don't go well.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I don not mind paying them for more content. I have no problem supporting the game I love. The whole season pass thing was not really expensive if you think about it. $35 got you an exp pack plus like 2-3 seasons of stuff, plus all the other shit they added in the meanwhile. I mean is this any different? You still payed the $30 for Shadowkeep and now you will pay $10 per season(to fully unlock it) until the next exp pack.

I guess well see how this plays out over the next season. But if this season is a dud content wise, and we have like 2 more like this to look forward to until next major update, then...

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think Soygen Soygen and I just had an encounter in Control on Vostok. Sorry for that last second air snipe if so.

• 1Worf

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This season may not end up being super heavy on content but some of the changes are great and there's some unique stuff on the new exotics/rituals.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL Destiny broken. Double dynamo mods give you super on all clases in like a second. 80% super while activating rift by enemy. Hunter you dodge 3 times and get super.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Seeing reports Dynamo has already been fixed.

Edit - yeah they disabled it for now

Last edited:

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
A bunch of Y1 weapons have random rolls now

urielsgift.png

• 1Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
The ritual weapon for Vanguard is a fucking Sidearm....this season is supposed to change the meta to long range/rifle weapons.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Sidearms will not be meta lol (though who knows). The Artifact has longer range mods on it.

Aren't sidearms supposed to be alright on console?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I do fine with sidearms on PS4 especially if they are the three-round burst full auto ones.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That new rocket launcher Martyrs retribution is kinda unique. Hits to the ground send a fire blast wave for like 10 yards kind of like the titan Thermite grenade. I also scored one of the new Steelfeather Repeater with feeding Frenzy, high cal, swashbuckler. Pretty good.