<Banned>
O6kVEhj_d.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Weird Boner
Reactions: 6 users

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I'm not gonna lie. I don't know what to do in this game. I think my Power or Light Level is 968. I was spamming strikes for the Winter quest and got to the 150 baked treats which then updated to 200 and I totally checked out of the game. Am I supposed to just spam strikes and do dailies? I haven't played since right before Curse of Osiris.

I like the game. It makes me feel like a bad ass. Shaxx is encouraging as fuck. Shaxx, Saint-14 and Banshee-44 are just too cool for me to want to stop playing all together. I just don't know what to do anymore in game.

I don't even know how to find a clan and if I did - is a clan only really needed to raid? What benefit do I get being in one?

Am I supposed to just spam bounties? Why outside of leveling the season pass.

What kind of builds and weapons am I supposed to look for? I play a titan (Dont like shield subclass).

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is Season of the Bounty grind tbh. That's all I've been doing.

I'm on the dungeon part of Xenophage. How hard is it?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Bring a group for the dungeon. It is 980. It isn't really that hard. Compareable to Master Ordeals, maybe slightly easier. Soloing it would be a pain in the ass, but it is certainly doable (check vids).

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not gonna lie. I don't know what to do in this game. I think my Power or Light Level is 968. I was spamming strikes for the Winter quest and got to the 150 baked treats which then updated to 200 and I totally checked out of the game. Am I supposed to just spam strikes and do dailies? I haven't played since right before Curse of Osiris.

Do all of the weapon quests for stuff you are missing. Do the seasonal Activity on nu-Mercury. Play the hell out of Iron Banner. Raid. Gambit. Collect all the mods. Join a clan for camaraderie and do all of those things as a group (caln is not just for raids, there are the clan banner perks as well). Do pinnacle stuff. Run through the previous story campaigns that Amanda Holiday has if you have not. Strikes are just one piece of the pie in this game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

I like the game. It makes me feel like a bad ass. Shaxx is encouraging as fuck. Shaxx, Saint-14 and Banshee-44 are just too cool for me to want to stop playing all together. I just don't know what to do anymore in game.

I don't even know how to find a clan and if I did - is a clan only really needed to raid? What benefit do I get being in one?

What kind of builds and weapons am I supposed to look for? I play a titan (Dont like shield subclass).

This is a game to collect god roll weapons and other gear. So you do activities to get guns and gear and you do them again and again to get the god roll. Then you take those god rolls and try them on other people in the crucible.

The pinnacles are the first ones you do. Gambit shot gun, python, and the previous ones like 2%delirum. etc...

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
Maybe this coming week since I'm still off work I'll finish weapon quests. I haven't done like... a lot of them. Need to stop being lazy and at least do Whisper and finish Sleeper.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider

What everybody else said, but also I only got back into the game at the end of Forsaken in September and after getting my bearings and catching up with the story, etc. I squeezed a TON of time and enjoyment out of older game modes that people who have played consistently are kinda tired of. Reckoning Tier 1-3 for general good weapon farm and Gambit Prime armor gear, Menagerie (still a relevant and respectable farming activity), Blind Well, Escalation Protocol public event on Mars, also the new event on the Moon called Altar of Sorrows, doing planetary specific quests and ‘secret’ exotic missions - Whisper of the Worm, Outbreak Perfected, etc. I’ve got almost every single pinnacle weapon PvP and PvE and a ton of exotic quests completed but still have easily 10-12 exotic quests to finish. Some of those are actually really cool and fun. More stuff I’m forgetting.

Destiny has always had an issue with content, and now it’s finally loaded with shit to do for a new player but it has an issue with the way it’s presented. You really have to dig into the game and go out of your way to get the most from it, but it’s 100% worth it now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's everyones go to site/discord server for finding groups? No reason for me to not get this Xenophage done

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
The DestinyTheGame subreddit Discord has been decent in my experience, weed out the usual Reddit noise and you’re fine.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm on the dungeon part of Xenophage. How hard is it?

Agree w/ Jorren that it's best done w/ a group, mainly because the quest itself is decent if done properly, however if you don't have that option, are pressed for time, whatever do below

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
this iron banner quest intro bullshit is bothersome... just let me spend my fucking tokens.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuuuuuuuuuck you're right. the Rocket Launcher step is pure cancer. Whoever made the quest doesn't PVP. People are completely ignoring objectives and just fighting for power. Not only that, I wish you could choose WHICH iron banner armor you want. IMO this season is fucking trash, however I thoroughly enjoyed the aesthetic of last season, but never got any decent stat rolls. Would be nice if I could have some sort of agency in that.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah it took me like 2 hours to do the steps until the rocket, then it took me like 8 hours to complete the rockets. Fuck that quest. im only doing one character. I had like 350 tokens by the time I was done.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I completely checked out on this season, too many little things added up to making me not want to bother. I like Iron Banner too, but when I heard about the RL step I said fuck that.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's 10 rocket kills in Control. Camp heavy spawn for a few matches and shoot rockets into capture points. I almost did the whole quest in one day.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I completely checked out on this season, too many little things added up to making me not want to bother. I like Iron Banner too, but when I heard about the RL step I said fuck that.

I think its more the bounty shit they have set up now for exp in general. Half the time youre using weapons you just dont want to use, or its a fucking chore to do. I dont mind the bounties its jsut the ones that make you play the way you dont want to. I get it, it makes you use the shit you have been camping for all this time, but to me it just becomes a chore. Like the new one to use scout rifle to get 3 kills in a row quick. And thats not bad in of itself, but they make you do this for 180 kills or some shit. Or the one with bow headshots and cabal....etc...

The new bounty shit is just a chore all around. Every time youre playing youre looking at those fucking bounties and saying OK, whats next? Oh yeah void ability, and yet again they make you switch into a subclass you dont necessarily wanna play, or sub optimal for the activity youre doing..etc...

I would like to see this game just go back and reward the shit you do with rewards and exp not based on bounties. Do a menagerie run? Get exp and loot, do a strike? get loot and exp maybe a chance for some extra special loot with a low chance, like a fully masterworked item, or some other exclusive low chance loot pool...etc.. I liked how D1 bounties worked. They randomly dropped for you for some special type loot or exotic or whatever. It could be a longer quest which rewarded you exotics, even the ones you have which all still roll randomly so you could score that perfect roll.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Did the quest this morning. Every match was camp the heavy, fuck the rest of it for everyone involved. Did it on Hunter cause I need better stats on armor. Not fun =/

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got a sundial scout rifle that rolled with Full Auto, Explosive, and alloy magazine.

Actually enjoying a scout rifle