Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else starting to feel like the destiny loop is sort of pointless? I suppose you could argue that such a thing has always been the case, however after last season its really starting to sink on for me.

To sort of tail off of mkopec mkopec the weapon archetypes albeit interesting in a vacuum are starting to become repetitive. Chasing a "god roll" weapon feels nearly pointless anymore, as you can use pretty much anything in all pve activities sans 980 ordeals.

I used to grind pve shit for pvp before pinnacle weapons were introduced. Once pinnacles were inducted it was something to actually grind for. Getting mountaintop or lunas was an achievement but now theres literally nothing to grind for in either pve or pvp.

Maybe I'm missing some gameplay loop? I think last season was such a turn off because the experience/power grind was essentially reset. It is starting to feel like WOW, in that there will be boosts in the following patch, so why invest at all. I can get on board that ship if it was a reset every 6 or 12months, but every 3 is seems to be an accelerated timeline of time investment turnover.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else starting to feel like the destiny loop is sort of pointless? I suppose you could argue that such a thing has always been the case, however after last season its really starting to sink on for me.

Right there with you. Been playing the last few days mostly because I have been on sick leave for months, and on bad days I can play without thinking. Managed to get 3/4 of the node things to rank 11. Already got the rolls on the weapons I want. I am only interested in getting the rest of the levels for battle pass cause of the 60+ armor and cosmetics for the most part.

Have not bothered with pinnacle stuff because what for? There is nothing in the game that I need to boost my light level that the artifact does not already provide by just playing. Come to think of it, the only reason I am even interested in the armor is to build for PvP. PvE just does not present enough danger to be bothered other than element type for mods.

Hell, even Paul Tassi's articles have been more about dissapointment than positivity this season.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Is there a central listing for "god rolls"? Also, is the steefeather repeater shit? I like the mini-machinegun feel but it just lacks actual damage. I feel like all it does is stagger.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Is there a central listing for "god rolls"? Also, is the steefeather repeater shit? I like the mini-machinegun feel but it just lacks actual damage. I feel like all it does is stagger.

Sign in with whatever and it will look at all your items and you can search for 'godroll' and it will show everything on you and in the bank.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Slightly subjective but I posted a video on the last page about god rolls for each weapon type from Datto.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Slightly subjective but I posted a video on the last page about god rolls for each weapon type from Datto.

It should be required watching. I love that he says it is basically Outlaw / Rampage right at the beginning :D

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks like I don't have Shadowkeep, but was curious if they had improved the rewards from Strikes at all? I thought they were cool, but there was like no point in doing them. I ask, because it's fun to me to login, queue up a few "dungeons", get some loot, and then log out. Sometimes that's all the time I have and I want to shoot things. So are strikes any more worth while now than they were?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like I don't have Shadowkeep, but was curious if they had improved the rewards from Strikes at all? I thought they were cool, but there was like no point in doing them. I ask, because it's fun to me to login, queue up a few "dungeons", get some loot, and then log out. Sometimes that's all the time I have and I want to shoot things. So are strikes any more worth while now than they were?

No. Same old strikes. Though they do have a seasonal weapon quest to grind out. This season it is a sidearm. They do have a new Nightfall thing called Ordeal that is a beefed up NF experience. Harder versions offer a bonus to exotic drops and armor upgrade materials. 4 tiers, first 2 tiers are match made. Master tier is light level 980 (current hard cap on gear is 970, artifact can boost you higher.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It should be required watching. I love that he says it is basically Outlaw / Rampage right at the beginning :D

there is definitely better shit for consoles though, the stuff that boosts your AA and shit. But yeah for the most part its rampage, swashbuckler, kill clip...

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Shadowkeep did add the matchmade nightfall ordeal mode which you can farm for exotics and high lvl mats. Same one every time for a week tho.

Edit I see Jorren already mentioned it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Grave robber with middle path solar titan = whats reload?

Why middle path solar titan? Why not top tree striker with skullfort?

In other news I have been trying to level and get some gear on my kids account. I did a bit of work on it back when Forsaken was at the tail end of its cycle and was bored with my account... Its funny how much grind this game has when you take a look at it from a perspective of an account that has barely anything. Also its funny and at the same time revealing how certain weapon drops get "fixated" per your account. For instance my kids account keep getting Duke MK44 and Go Figures like all the time. I have god rolls of those for days. While my account it was at the tail end of Forsaken when I got my first Duke Mk44 to drop.

Its also funny how they give you an option to raise the level cap of your other 2 characters for 2000 silver coins ($20) after you get one character to 900, when in reality it takes about 3-4 strikes (about a hour) to get to 900 from 750 when you equip your weapons from your main 900 character. I wonder how many people they fleeced with that deal.

Last edited:

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't have an armor 2.0 skullfort :V

And I've pretty much played solar since Taken King. Love explosions and hammers.

When I do play arc, I like being a missile. Just so goofy I love it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You can get one from collections which rolls 2.0 automatically if you ever got it to drop in the past. Honestly I have tried all the new titan solar shit and keep going back to skullfort striker. His super might not be S tier anymore, but his neutral game is still S tier. He also gets 2 very powerful nades instead of one which helps even more for trash clearing which is 90% of destiny PvE content. Use a weapon with granadier on it and you have nades for days. Hes just an add clearing machine like no other. In places like Gambit hes always top on kills and motes banked almost every game and you dont even have to use a weapon. I usually just shoulder smash everything and on the majors use a shotty of Jotun which makes quick work of them. Lately I have been using a 180 full auto explosive round scout in gambit as a primary (the gambit one) or the new Patron of Lost Causes which is a 200 RPM same roll, full auto and explosive rounds. And it takes out invaders pretty well across map. Especially those sniper invaders that just like to sit where they spawn and try to snipe your entire team.

Other titan I like running is top tree solar With hallowfire chest which on full super refreshes your hammer strike sprint ability which still boosts dmg on bosses. It got nerfed that it does nto stack woith other debuffs anymore, but you can actually see and feel the difference in the way the boss melts when you got the debuff on him.

Also have ran some void bottom tree with Doom Fang Paudrons which got a buff recently to the super regen while in super. Before it would give you super energy back only with shield tosses, but now it got buffed so that it generates super energy also when your bashing and killing shit with your sheild melee so your super lasts for a really long time. But the problem with void is that his neutral game is severely lacking. Shit nades, and nothing to really add to your trash clearing. But in PvP the nades are really strong.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I am pretty much the same as mkopec mkopec with Titan, except I just put on double nade for Void cause I only use it for bubble if I have to. I don't care fore void titan at all.

skullfort.PNG

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Man the title requirements this season are SO NICE compared to Undying. I'm done with all three emblem and ritual weapon quests, all my obelisks are done, I've got like 1500 fractaline saved up, all I need to finish collections is the new exotic... What a breeze.

And the majority of my time has even been in crucible this season. I'm at like rank 82 already.

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Nah. I was having a real fun time until I found out strikes stop giving gear at power level 900

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You still end up farming strikes for catalysts and the weekly milestone, quests, etc.