Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love Xenophage.

Raid exotics are going to be getting a buff to their drop chance with the next season. Maybe i'll finally push for 1k Voices.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
... unless they add more pinnacles worth chasing tied to Gambit.
Activities aren't directly tied to weapons anymore moving forward. Bungie has said each season is going to get a singular "Pursuit" (pinnacle/ritual) weapon that you earn by doing general things, and each specific activity will have a unique skin for the weapon.

Caveat: I have none of the good crucible weapons including Recluse and Revoker. Current slogs are Malfeasance and Thorn but I'm not actively trying, if they happen they happen.
I absolutely regret not getting Mountaintop sooner. It's stupid strong.

Raid exotics are going to be getting a buff to their drop chance with the next season. Maybe i'll finally push for 1k Voices.
Yeah. 1KV, Anarchy, Always on Time (sparrow) and Tarrabah will all be 10% base increasing each time you don't get it up to 50% chance after 20 clears.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Got 21% Delirium done finally so my gambit will now consist of bare minimums to hit the powerfuls every week unless they add more pinnacles worth chasing tied to Gambit. I actually made a fucking ton of progress toward completionist stuff this past season which is probably the only reason I didn't hate it, my focus was purely on acquiring all the old weapons I never got. Izanagi, Xenophage, the Gambit weapons. Python is fucking awesome btw, probably my favorite of the pinnacle weps. Caveat: I have none of the good crucible weapons including Recluse and Revoker. Current slogs are Malfeasance and Thorn but I'm not actively trying, if they happen they happen.
Did you get felwinter's lie? It seems pretty... great.
Though I'm preferring the seraph shotty.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
They just announced expansions until 2022

Also they are bringing Destiny 1 content in to Destiny 2

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Lame. So basically the next year will be an expansion to "Become dark".

the next year will fight Savathun who has been setup a long time but is just another Hive leader. then maybe the damn darkness shows up in 2022

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This season is all about Darkness ships arriving. New dungeon launching today at 5pm based around The Nine. If you guys aren't hype for everything they just announced idk you just don't like Destiny. Vault of Glass coming back next year? 4k60fps confirmed on new consoles with free upgrades and cross-generation play? True cross play next year? Old content getting rotated out for new shit? I mean there was a lot in this.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting after the virtue signaling. Seems like small yearly updates (as in smaller than Taken King / Forsaken)?

A bit suspicious about their Vault system, and bringing back "updated" old content. Will that be free content or paid Seasonal stuff.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Saved? lol they are re releasing old content from past games. Removing tons of content. And rolling woth the same Yearly expansion model as shadowkeep with zero clarification on how seasons will change.
Saved? Jesus the bar is low

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Imagine being happy that the weakest patrol zone from d1x and it’s three shitty basic strikes, with vault of glass is somehow huge news.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Imagine ignoring the arrival of the big bad from the launch of the entire franchise and an entire upcoming new subclass that you can mix abilities on. Seasons are going to change by not having activities go away every few months and be available the entire year, plus things like cosmetics not all locked behind battlepass / eververse. The new dungeon based on the Nine available today will already be better than anything from last season. There's an artifact armor mod for a champion effect that will allow usage of exotics in pinnacle content. Cross play is coming. Free upgrades for console owners to the new platforms plus 4k 60fps. They are addressing a ton of player complaints and you're just being obtuse. You really gonna cry that Io or Mercury are going to be gone? Three years of confirmed expansions and you're acting like all they're doing is bringing back Cosmodrome and VOG.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imagine ignoring the arrival of the big bad from the launch of the entire franchise and an entire upcoming new subclass that you can mix abilities on. Seasons are going to change by not having activities go away every few months and be available the entire year, plus things like cosmetics not all locked behind battlepass / eververse. The new dungeon based on the Nine available today will already be better than anything from last season. There's an artifact armor mod for a champion effect that will allow usage of exotics in pinnacle content. Cross play is coming. Free upgrades for console owners to the new platforms plus 4k 60fps. They are addressing a ton of player complaints and you're just being obtuse. You really gonna cry that Io or Mercury are going to be gone? Three years of confirmed expansions and you're acting like all they're doing is bringing back Cosmodrome and VOG.
I don't dislike anything they said, being able to have free upgrades to next gen consoles and the possibility of actual cross-play is great. Knowing that we'll get a Savathun story arc next year is also great... we've been waiting for that since D2 launch. Savathun might even be anti-Darkness given the little snippet Eris said about the signal coming from the Pyramid ships is being blocked / suppressed by someone (symbol of Witch Queen appears).

My only concern is how they handle the removal of current content and bringing back old content. I would vastly prefer current stuff being removed to make room for NEW content. Having a New York locale to run around in would be a ton more exciting than going back to Cosmodrome. Release of Beyond will see the removal of a huge chunk of current content to be replaced by 1 new destination (great). They mention that Cosmo + 1 Strike will be added for free, for all players, but the other 2 strikes and VoG coming at a later date (no mention of that being free). If the old content releases are locked behind paid Seasonal access... I hope to see a bit of angst towards Bungie. ;p

Lenas

Trump's Staff
In a QA after Luke said that all content would become free at some point prior to being removed.

Your thoughts on Savathun are probably correct. The intro mission of this season has her trying to stop us from coming into possession of the artifact which we will supposedly be using to communicate with the Darkness.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I was hoping for another system overhaul like armor 2.0. Something to add more complexity and options.
A new subclass is neat I guess.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
so they're re-releasing re-released content? nostalgia is great, but I clearly don't like doing the same shit over and over and over again enough to go back to this game

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Re released content should be tacked on to mid year content to expand the expansion, not be a staple of its content

Those losers literally hyped doing the beta content strike........one that was so poorly done it was removed from rotation several times,