Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You guys are hyping three years of content, which will cost you 240 dollars most likely, and is about as much content as most single games will release.

Hook

Line

Sinker

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In a QA after Luke said that all content would become free at some point prior to being removed.

Your thoughts on Savathun are probably correct. The intro mission of this season has her trying to stop us from coming into possession of the artifact which we will supposedly be using to communicate with the Darkness.
I was more curious about the old D1 content that they are graciously bringing back being free or not, as in not locked behind needing a Seasonal pass to access it. I am 99% sure such stuff will be free, but who knows. I just don't like their payment model, and I'm sure this thread has had discussions about it long ago, so I won't dredge it up. I'll be tempted to buy basic Beyond Light, but I feel Destiny just doesn't fit my playstyle anymore since I dislike its PvP, dislike Gambit, and think the raids are hilariously bad, while solo play + strikes don't amount to much over the long term. Which is a shame, since I enjoy exploring new places in Destiny because their environmental art team is top tier.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys are hyping three years of content, which will cost you 240 dollars most likely, and is about as much content as most single games will release.

Hook

Line

Sinker
Around $150 if the price for Beyond Light + Season Pass will be the same for the other two ($50/yr).

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
The game is fun to play. If I can get 3+ years of content for $150, I'll take it. That's less than a couple weekends out for a couple hours of fun.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they price the expansions at 40 and 30 for the season pass, no? That’s what it’s been since this all began.
As of right now, the price for Beyond Light + Season Pass is $50. Not sure what the price for Shadowkeep + Season Pass was at its release. I believe Forsaken was $40 by itself, with the Season Pass being $20 or so.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
As of right now, the price for Beyond Light + Season Pass is $50. Not sure what the price for Shadowkeep + Season Pass was at its release. I believe Forsaken was $40 by itself, with the Season Pass being $20 or so.

that's promising.

I check my receipts and shadowkeep and forsaken were both 35 on preorder and another 30 for the season pass at least when I bought them. so 50 for the year is much better.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Beyond Light: $40
Beyond Light + 1 season: $50
Beyond Light + 4 seasons: $70

I'm ok dropping $210 for 3 years of content.

edit: All of the returning Destiny 1 content would be new for me, I joined when Blizzard gave it away for free and have happily paid for Forsaken, the seasons, and Shadowkeep and the seasons.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beyond Light: $40
Beyond Light + 1 season: $50
Beyond Light + 4 seasons: $70

I'm ok dropping $210 for 3 years of content.

edit: All of the returning Destiny 1 content would be new for me, I joined when Blizzard gave it away for free and have happily paid for Forsaken, the seasons, and Shadowkeep and the seasons.
Ah, well screw that. =)

I wish $210 would get you 3yrs worth of content, but in reality, its more like 9 months in total spread out over 36 months, or even less if you tend to burn through stuff quickly. Its much less for people who've played D1, since the nostalgia of playing that again will wear off really fast.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it would seem like they are doing story reasons to drop the 4 locations from the game, and then using story reasons to bring them back.

what i mean is, the 4 locations they are dropping from the game in a few months are io, titan, mars and mercury (and the leviathan). those locations (i don't know what's going on with the leviathan) are planned to be invaded by the pyramids during this season. it would make sense that they basically become unreachable or that we lose our footholds there. when they return at a later date, i would expect them to be the same zone, just completely infested with darkness. the enemies would change, maybe there's some geography changes, the activities would change.

i think it's silly for them to take them away to save space, then to just bring them back later on as is and go "REMEMBER HOW MUCH YOU LOVED TITAN AND MERCURY?!"

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That is almost certainly the case.

New lore entries on light.gg seem to point toward that.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
it would seem like they are doing story reasons to drop the 4 locations from the game, and then using story reasons to bring them back.

what i mean is, the 4 locations they are dropping from the game in a few months are io, titan, mars and mercury (and the leviathan). those locations (i don't know what's going on with the leviathan) are planned to be invaded by the pyramids during this season. it would make sense that they basically become unreachable or that we lose our footholds there. when they return at a later date, i would expect them to be the same zone, just completely infested with darkness. the enemies would change, maybe there's some geography changes, the activities would change.

i think it's silly for them to take them away to save space, then to just bring them back later on as is and go "REMEMBER HOW MUCH YOU LOVED TITAN AND MERCURY?!"
Gives them a chance to make mercury about more than the infinite forest gateway and the single arena in the center... and also they can rotate shit with the "darkness is invadings!" continually.

Fadaar

That guy
Guess I need to run Spire and Crown at some point, took a longass break after the first two Levi raids and really started playing again early this year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah there's a ton I'd like to do in the "going away" places from pre-forsaken...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just started this again today after a break since the release of the last expansion and my first reaction whenever I get back into this is the same...damn the shooting and gameplay is unmatched.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
New dungeon is going away "for a while" after this season. Probably because it's built on Reckoning assets, which is likely to be removed from the game completely. Cozmo has confirmed it's coming back, probably only gone for a season, but if it's something you want to farm this season then you probably wanna focus on grinding power as quickly as possible. The dungeon has two armor sets per class and new rolls on the IKELOS weapons, and you can run it over and over for rewards.

Right now the AFK forge farm is working again for Umbral engrams. Combined with the fact that armor-focused Umbrals are rewarding powerful drops infinitely, you can get yourself up to 1050 pretty easily. Drop your power level under 750 as much as you can (I use the halloween mask to get around 660) and just start a forge. You wont be matched with anyone and you'll fail a minute in. Each failure has a chance at rewarding an engram or the mats you need to decrypt them.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
New dungeon is going away "for a while" after this season. Probably because it's built on Reckoning assets, which is likely to be removed from the game completely. Cozmo has confirmed it's coming back, probably only gone for a season, but if it's something you want to farm this season then you probably wanna focus on grinding power as quickly as possible. The dungeon has two armor sets per class and new rolls on the IKELOS weapons, and you can run it over and over for rewards.

Right now the AFK forge farm is working again for Umbral engrams. Combined with the fact that armor-focused Umbrals are rewarding powerful drops infinitely, you can get yourself up to 1050 pretty easily. Drop your power level under 750 as much as you can (I use the halloween mask to get around 660) and just start a forge. You wont be matched with anyone and you'll fail a minute in. Each failure has a chance at rewarding an engram or the mats you need to decrypt them.
You strip naked to do it or just throw on the halloween make? How often do you check back to ensure you don't get too many umbral engrams?
Nevermind, I got it... used the drained solstice armor and a bunch of other crap (750 LL) with the mask and got to 660.

How long before this gets fixed/nerfed?

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I put on old 750 stuff from vault and the halloween mask which puts you at 663. I keep DIM open and go back to tower every 5-6 engrams. I forgot to mention that Banshee is giving on-level engrams right now, so when your armor starts to outpace your weapons, just make a quick stop at the gunsmith to fill the 3 slots.

You can't really get "too many" engrams though. They just go to your postmaster.