Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
What’s the umbral drop rate per hour afking the forge? These are good tips to know thanks. I was leveling up the normal way not knowing about the umbral armor focus trick or banshee trick. Just hit 1020. Looking forward to trying this all tonight.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Probably like 5 an hour on average.

Vendors that drop on-level (+0) change weekly. This week it's Zavala, Asher and Banshee. They'll all give you items at your base gear score to fill in gaps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So how are you guys doing the forge afk on ps4? Both times I tried around the 2-3 hour mark I get an in game error and crash. It’s not my ps4 going to sleep that I can tell.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
On consoles I'm pretty sure you just have to make sure sleep functions are disabled and leave your controller plugged in. If it's not plugged in, it'll turn off and the game will kick you after a while.

Tried the dungeon today and gave up on the boss. One of our guys was like 1025 and the final encounter is 1060. He was getting one shot by basically everything. Awesome dungeon though. Probably the best one in the game really. Certainly the most unique boss fight.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Currently testing out on console before I go to bed. I turned my controller off and it's still queuing me in the forges

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this a good time to get into Destiny 2? Is the upgrade edition on steam the best way to hop into this?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Now might be the best time, because we're going into a new big expansion in September and a lot of old stuff is being removed from the game. You'll have time to do all the old stuff and then be ready for the new when it comes.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure it's not dropping anything anymore unless you actually do the forge. I keep getting stuck with afk'ers so I can't finish it and nothing's dropping

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pretty sure it's not dropping anything anymore unless you actually do the forge. I keep getting stuck with afk'ers so I can't finish it and nothing's dropping
Regrettably, that's "normal". You need to finish the forge for decent rewards, but if you don't do anything you still have a chance at some rewards. Rest of us AFKers should be fine.

Fadaar

That guy
Got all 1050 armor on one character and the other two are close enough that I should get past 1050 pre-artifact on all three this week. Glad I abused it while I could. Played enough to hit season pass lvl 30 or so anyway so not like I didn’t put the time in this past weekend.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Looking forward to learning the dungeon (hopefully)

Conceptually it is not too difficult. The mechanic you learn in the first room is present in every encounter. The difficulty usually just comes from being overwhelmed; if you have hive/taken barrier, consider using both.

Also there are 2 secret chests.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I started this, and having played Destiny 1 I have a general idea of things, but I remember having a story to guide me through things, right now its just telling me to do pvp, do strikes, do world quests etc. Do I have to do all these intro things first before I can get into the story?

Also are any easy to get exotics I can pick up really quickly? There seems to be a lot of content with little explanation so far.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I started this, and having played Destiny 1 I have a general idea of things, but I remember having a story to guide me through things, right now its just telling me to do pvp, do strikes, do world quests etc. Do I have to do all these intro things first before I can get into the story?

Also are any easy to get exotics I can pick up really quickly? There seems to be a lot of content with little explanation so far.

Head to Amanda Holiday in the tower if you want to do the New Light story missions. They had this great idea to just drop the F2P players in the game with no direction.

I guess the easiest exotics would be from Xur when he comes at server reset Friday.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not even F2P though, I bought the upgrade edition so have both expansions and the season pass. I have some of those umbral engrams also, how do I start opening them?

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
You need to progress the Season of Arrivals story to unlock the Umbral Engrams. They are actually quite great because you can really narrow down what you want (Almost like faction rank ups in D1).

If you bought Shadowkeep you should get a mission that sends you to the moon.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm not even F2P though, I bought the upgrade edition so have both expansions and the season pass. I have some of those umbral engrams also, how do I start opening them?

every "new" player functions the same whether they bought the game or are just using the f2p stuff. there is A LOT of content to go through, but there's little to no explanation of how to even start any of it. amanda holliday has the red war (destiny 2 release story) and a few others. forsaken (1st real expac) starts on the tangled shore, and shadowkeep (2nd real expac) starts on the moon. you have some stuff on mercury and mars, as well. they were added before forsaken but they are pretty light content wise. you can definitely do the main stuff just for the story, they all have an impact on what we're about to do in game. but don't worry about grinding out the gear for it, most of it won't last past the current season.

the nice thing is that doing the story stuff will rank up your season pass fairly quickly without doing repetitive bounties