Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Fadaar

That guy
Literally everything prior to season 9's gear. I shouldn't have said some, it's almost all purple gear. Exotics are excluded and will follow the seasonal cap raises. Gear from seasons 9 and beyond will be usable after this season until a certain point. Currently gear from Season 9 maxes out at 1260 with each season after being +50 per season (so 1310 for last season's gear, 1360 this season). So some gear will survive a while longer but lots of older favorites are going bye-bye.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wow thats pretty huge if true. People will be pissed farming god rolls for 2 yrs only to see them all go away, not to even mention high stat armor too. Are they just deleting it from your bank and inventory?

Fadaar

That guy
Actually shit I'm somewhat wrong, fixing post

Wow thats pretty huge if true. People will be pissed farming god rolls for 2 yrs only to see them all go away, not to even mention high stat armor too. Are they just deleting it from your bank and inventory?

fixed lol

also reference:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL they have to do something, they are running out of ideas now. There is only so much you can do with weapons and perks other than adding in new archetypes.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah it sucks that my fat arsenal will be 90% obsolete. Looking at DIM, which nicely enough you can filter by season, I'll only be bringing forward like 7 or 8 rolled weapons and 3 ritual weapons (I'm counting Felwinter's Lie as one since it's unique and badass).

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I check my personal email and today - I had a failed login attempt from Iran. Then, another email with a login in China. I dont even know what the fk they would want with my Destiny account. So confused why anyone would spend their time hacking a Destiny account. Like what exactly are they going to get from it - I havent logged into the game for almost a year lol.

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Worst part about sun setting is that they are reintroducing some of the exact same weapons, but with higher light caps. So have fun regrinding god rolls on the exact same weapons you already had god rolls for.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not necessarily, Lets be honest here they have been steadily reintroducing yr 1 shit lately but with new perks and such, so its not like the exact same shit. Im sure they are not as stupid as to introduce the same weapons from seasons past with the same perks but with now higher light caps. And lets be honest here, we all have out favorite 10 or so guns/bows/etc we go to depending on the seasons meta and the rest of the shit just sits in the vault collecting space dust waiting for the shit to become the meta( which is pretty much never, lol). Half the people I see still use the old mountaintop/recluse crutch thats what, 4-5 seasons old? I have some 350 guns in my vault, pretty much all good to god rolls and I dont even use but a tiny fraction of those things. And 4-5 of those guns I ever use anyway because of the bounty system. If that went away I would seriously use like 4-5 guns/exotics and would not touch any of the other shit I dont like using.

Its fucked because I loved the system of grinding out those pinnacle weapons like recluse and the others, It was cool to see what new shit they had every new season there for a while. But at the same time they were so OP that no one used anything else ever, they still dont after they were even nerfed, lol. They became Destiny 2 Gallahorns. They totally fucked themselves with the power creep of those guns. Remember breakneck? yeah... But thats the thing, we will now get totally bland vanilla shit because they are so afraid of the power creep which those really cool weapons introduced. They are even running out of ideas for exotics now. Look at this seasons exotic, lol. They are reaching...Ball carrying? WTF?

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not necessarily, Lets be honest here they have been steadily reintroducing yr 1 shit lately but with new perks and such, so its not like the exact same shit. Im sure they are not as stupid as to introduce the same weapons from seasons past with the same perks but with now higher light caps. And lets be honest here, we all have out favorite 10 or so guns/bows/etc we go to depending on the seasons meta and the rest of the shit just sits in the vault collecting space dust waiting for the shit to become the meta( which is pretty much never, lol). Half the people I see still use the old mountaintop/recluse crutch thats what, 4-5 seasons old? I have some 350 guns in my vault, pretty much all good to god rolls and I dont even use but a tiny fraction of those things. And 4-5 of those guns I ever use anyway because of the bounty system. If that went away I would seriously use like 4-5 guns/exotics and would not touch any of the other shit I dont like using.

Its fucked because I loved the system of grinding out those pinnacle weapons like recluse and the others, It was cool to see what new shit they had every new season there for a while. But at the same time they were so OP that no one used anything else ever, they still dont after they were even nerfed, lol. They became Destiny 2 Gallahorns. They totally fucked themselves with the power creep of those guns. Remember breakneck? yeah... But thats the thing, we will now get totally bland vanilla shit because they are so afraid of the power creep which those really cool weapons introduced. They are even running out of ideas for exotics now. Look at this seasons exotic, lol. They are reaching...Ball carrying? WTF?
I dig witherhoard and ruinous effigy. The grenade thing is fun to double plant (one mob and below mob), and the ball from effigy is just a crazy mechanic.I finished the catalyst before getting all the eyes... now I need Whispers and Prophecy for the last 10 so I can work on the season title.

Anyone think they'll get the MMXX achievment? I'm really tempted to try and push for it but I'm not sure I can actually get 7 wins on trials, let alone the other harder stuff.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I check my personal email and today - I had a failed login attempt from Iran. Then, another email with a login in China. I dont even know what the fk they would want with my Destiny account. So confused why anyone would spend their time hacking a Destiny account. Like what exactly are they going to get from it - I havent logged into the game for almost a year lol.

There's value to knowing the credentials are valid, because then they'll be tried elsewhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's value to knowing the credentials are valid, because then they'll be tried elsewhere.
I breezed over the original comment, but yeah: Password reuse is super common, and "trivial" services are usually an indicator of testing. Use "HaveIbeenPwned".

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I breezed over the original comment, but yeah: Password reuse is super common, and "trivial" services are usually an indicator of testing. Use "HaveIbeenPwned".

Yea, I guess that website is interesting to know about. It's a junk email to a point and common password for things I didnt really care about. I was more astonished about the fact that they even care to try a Destiny 2 account.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Sunsetting is such a non-issue for a regular player. My entire armor set is from this season and it's the best stat distribution I've ever had. I'll only be slightly bummed that my Mountaintop wont be viable end-game. Use new stuff every season, I promise you'll be just fine.

Anyone think they'll get the MMXX achievment? I'm really tempted to try and push for it but I'm not sure I can actually get 7 wins on trials, let alone the other harder stuff.
Yes. I'm already at like 25 of 28 triumphs for it. It really isn't that bad, you should go for it. All I need is Trials wins, the last seasonal exotic once it's out, and one of the two remaining secret triumphs. I just got Unbroken a few days ago and if I'm not lazy I can get a number of other titles this season: Wayfarer, Cursebreaker, Chronicler, Forerunner and hell I might even go for Conqueror.

Thinking about prepping for a day 1 raid group in November.

Last edited:

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I'm one of those insane people who has 500 hours in this game, but I only play with my wife, so there is great big chunks I've never seen. I have something like 15 quests to complete in raids and dungeons, but there is no fucking system for me to do that. I jumped through some hoops to get into a Destiny 2 Discord at one point, spent an hour to find a group that was fine bringing 2 people to Leviathan with the understanding we had no idea what we were doing, and by the second fight (a hide and seek dog thing) 2 of the guys were being such huge assholes that we were like "Why the fuck are we even doing this?". And to be clear, I think I caused a wipe once, and my wife caused it twice.... and then other people caused it 15 more times, so it wasn't even that they were yelling at us. It was just shitty and toxic and I haven't been able to convince my wife to try since.

Basically I'm saying the biggest flaw of the game from my point of view is how you can play for 500 hours and have no easy way to meet people, chat, form any kind of connections, or even just get auto-grouped for some content. :/

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm one of those insane people who has 500 hours in this game, but I only play with my wife, so there is great big chunks I've never seen. I have something like 15 quests to complete in raids and dungeons, but there is no fucking system for me to do that. I jumped through some hoops to get into a Destiny 2 Discord at one point, spent an hour to find a group that was fine bringing 2 people to Leviathan with the understanding we had no idea what we were doing, and by the second fight (a hide and seek dog thing) 2 of the guys were being such huge assholes that we were like "Why the fuck are we even doing this?". And to be clear, I think I caused a wipe once, and my wife caused it twice.... and then other people caused it 15 more times, so it wasn't even that they were yelling at us. It was just shitty and toxic and I haven't been able to convince my wife to try since.

Basically I'm saying the biggest flaw of the game from my point of view is how you can play for 500 hours and have no easy way to meet people, chat, form any kind of connections, or even just get auto-grouped for some content. :/
Are you in a clan? Lenas Lenas 's clan took me in, and I've done raids with them. Hell I just got Tarrabah on my first Crown of Sorrow raid (and Lenas Lenas sat so I could go as an alternate). The main raid leader is tolerant of me fucking up (not that often) and explains real well.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah man join the clan. Almost every raid it feels like we have someone that hasn't done it before, so we're pretty used to being patient and explaining. My coworker is the token village idiot so any yelling usually just gets directed at him. I like running the dungeons, especially the latest one, and the 5 raids going away in November are all infinitely farmable now so we actually have an incentive to run them multiple times weekly.

Edit, link might help huh? Getting Rekt Daily Clan | Bungie.net

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Well that sounds great, thanks!

edit: Jesus, this is what I'm talking about, literally took me over 30 minutes to figure out how to join the clan! I was the founder of another clan, and couldn't leave my clan until I was the last member or promoted someone else to founder, none of which was intuitive. I ended up having to google a guide to do it, and I'm a freaking IT guy in real life. Rabble rabble rabble. Lol, its done though! Do you guys just use the FoH discord?

Last edited: