Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I know the Microsoft store sucks, but I would like to see this as a play anywhere title.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
My wife is a big Destiny fan but plays console. How is the VIM? I somewhat enjoyed D1 but controllers infuriate me.

I played 1 with a XIM4 and it made the experience fantastic. Controller fps can fuck right off

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I played 1 with a XIM4 and it made the experience fantastic. Controller fps can fuck right off

Yep, thats what I did. First console game I played since like original PS and Toshinden. It played really well on XIM4.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman

Did the same but quickly lost interest mainly due to the fact it was a pain to setup in my living room each time.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Did the same but quickly lost interest mainly due to the fact it was a pain to setup in my living room each time.

I had the PS4 plugged into my gaming PC monitor sitting atop my PC. Perfect setup for gaming. Its liek playing a PC game but you are not. Sure its not living room and 60", but thats not really conducive to mouse+keyboard anyway.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Those things are just too fucking expensive for what they are. 50 bucks, sure. 160+, go fuck yourself.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I paid like $125. And, yes its worth it if you want to play console but you have not touched a controller in 20 yrs. Fuck, bro, its the cost of 2 shitty games.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I paid like $125. And, yes its worth it if you want to play console but you have not touched a controller in 20 yrs. Fuck, bro, its the cost of 2 shitty games.

I rarely buy new games, lol. Usually they are shit so I can wait until they are sub 20, they got me with W3, BF1 and Horizon though.

spronk

FPS noob
you can adapt as a pc gamer to controller, it only takes a few hours and it becomes second nature. For games with HEAVY auto aim, aim assist, and auto lock on many feel things like XIM are an actual disadvantage, and RL tests have been a bit inconclusive with "pro" gamer teams using controllers beating xim users in those games. For games with lower aim assist and not strong auto lock on, like Overwatch or Battlefield, then KBM/Xim/etc is far superior of course. Do what you want but I've never had any problems at all in stuff like Destiny, Call of Duty, etc playing with Dualshocks

anyways Destiny 2 worldwide release information will be on march 30th 10am PST / 1pm EST

I just updated destiny on PS4, 900 meg download. New options in home, new video trailer when you go to earth to celebrate Year of Triumph, a new record book with a TON of items (like 40+) with some that fill in with what you have done and some that do NOT, like melee punches and most PVP/PVE activities. They tweaked some of the stuff and the old raids are updated now to light 390 mobs and light 400 drops (i think), ONLY crota's end is updated for this week but all the raids will be updated, one per week. There is a main menu icon to launch the updated raid but it does not still matchmake, you have to find a group on destinylfg.net or whatever still.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For games with HEAVY auto aim, aim assist, and auto lock on many feel things like XIM are an actual disadvantage, and RL tests have been a bit inconclusive with "pro" gamer teams using controllers beating xim users in those games.

LOL, I always had battles over this shit online about what you just said. I basically said the same thing, mouse and keyboard are actually a disadvantage in Destiny because of the aim assist. There is no way to pull off those 100% effective "swipe snipe shots" that you see people pulling off all the time on M+KB. So overall you have more accurate control, because M+KB is superior, but you lose all the bullshit easymode crap that people pull off int he game all the time because of such hard aim assist. Totally agree there and thank god there are other smart people that know what the fuck is up.

But sadly I cannot do controler, bro. Im a total fucking potato with controller. It would take me years.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
we'll find out in 2 days, its 99% likely to be released on PC but we don't know the details like simultaneous release or delayed, if same servers as console (unlikely), moving chars around, etc

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im still going PS4 because of the additional content. The extra 1-2 strikes and weapons are totally worth the play on PS4 rather than PC with xim. Shit, maybe ill get both. And its not like extra 2 months of exclusive, its a total year with Destiny. so many salty xbone players over that shit.

Malkav

French Madman
Fuck yes!

Ooooh Nathan Fillion ! Did he do voice acting for the first one? I missed that.

But sadly I cannot do controler, bro. Im a total fucking potato with controller. It would take me years.

You and me both bro, you and me both. As soon as you ask me to aim with a controller, I'm spraying that shit all over, except on target. I never managed to be precise/make slight adjustments with sticks, my thumbs go dumb and push that shit to eleven.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ooooh Nathan Fillion ! Did he do voice acting for the first one? I missed that.

He did the entire Kings Fall expansion story line with that Cayde character. He was badass too. Like the actual first real character in Destiny.

• 1Solidarity