Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Destiny to Overwatch isn't really a good comparison. Totally different types of games. I also get it and wish it was the way it used to be, we aren't ever going back sadly. Let us not forget that Blizzard said there would be no micro transactions in WoW because it would be unfair for a subscription game. We all know how that turned out. Blizzard is not transparent and is actually more fucking shady or as shady as most companies out there. How about the fact of charging for server transfers per character when in reality it's an empty name on the server and everything is cross realm but they keep artificial blocks in place to make it still needed.

I'm tired of day one patches for unfinished games and all the other bullshit that goes on these days. Blizzard sure the fuck isn't some angel in that department.

All good points.

Ok so lets just end it with this. Don't falsely market a game to piss me off enough I will never buy anything they make again on pure principle unless everyone here says it isn't the same horseshit as the last game. And don't have some cocky as shit director start chastising their own customers by pretending emotes bring value in a microtransaction system.

Maybe Activision has more control over Blizzard than I thought.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All good points.

Ok so lets just end it with this. Don't falsely market a game to piss me off enough I will never buy anything they make again on pure principle unless everyone here says it isn't the same horseshit as the last game. And don't have some cocky as shit director start chastising their own customers by pretending emotes bring value in a microtransaction system.

Maybe Activision has more control over Blizzard than I thought.

Fair point. You will play it, you have to. You fucking played TESO!

• 2Smuggly
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm still so fucking butthurt about destiny (xpacs and lack of world building specifically) that I wish nothing but a monumental failure for these Fuckers

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Went back last night, ran a few strikes, got up to 350 light. Then ran a control game and got 1st place on my team, 1.4K/D with MIDA, feels good man. I was pwning noobs left and right even all rusty and shit. Not sure If I have it in me to grind up to 400 light but whatevs, the game just feels so good to play.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm just waiting to see if the story's there, the world building's there, lore, etc. I'm tired of putting my money down for these shitty games that have none of that, and then promise me everything. As soon as I saw Destiny, I was interested. Not interested enough to buy, but interested enough to keep my eye on. Then, I heard about how they ripped stuff out, my interest level declined to zero fast.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fuck story and lolore, its not why I play these games. Honestly the entire story and 1-20 or 40 now was only like 1/50 of the game, just like in any mmorpg. Didnt pay attention to that shit in any mmorpg I played, from EQ, wow and every other shitty mmorpg in between.

And in reality, the entire ride from 1-40 in this game was fun as hell. I enjoyed the mission style gameplay. Some of those missions were at least challenging, unlike anything in WoW that I was falling asleep questing in.

If you want story, go read a fucking book, bro. Thats just my opinion though.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Fair point. You will play it, you have to. You fucking played TESO!

Lost a bet!

Mind you, I didn't bet on that piece of garbage ME:A :) And I most definitely will never make any bets surrounding crappy games again. I learned my lesson.

That doesn't mean if they actually ship a game with value to me this time around and it is good, I won't buy it. Horizon stepped up the bar. No more of this copy pasted shit they call content in the games I buy day one, and no more cutting content out of a game and repacking it as DLC, which Bungie OBVIOUSLY did and have already been called out numerous times on as they deflect it with hogwash "You must think I was born yesterday" rubbish speak.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck story and lolore, its not why I play these games. Honestly the entire story and 1-20 or 40 now was only like 1/50 of the game, just like in any mmorpg. Didnt pay attention to that shit in any mmorpg I played, from EQ, wow and every other shitty mmorpg in between.

And in reality, the entire ride from 1-40 in this game was fun as hell. I enjoyed the mission style gameplay. Some of those missions were at least challenging, unlike anything in WoW that I was falling asleep questing in.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we refer to as "revisionist history."

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Hey that's all good. But then as a company, don't advertise the fuck out of story/lore/grand world/Scheme when none of that is happening and at the zero hour rip it all out for DLC and aiming people to a web site to read about anything interesting that should have been in the game, so people can make an informed decision. That's kind of my entire point.

You and I see differently on store, lore, etc - and that's fine. Only thing I am saying here is don't market it one way then and come out with something completely neutered.

I disagree on anything in this game that was challenging. Throwing up bullet sponge bosses in strikes and in raids up until The Taken King where actual raid mechanics were used was after the fact.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hey that's all good. But then as a company, don't advertise the fuck out of story/lore/grand world/Scheme when none of that is happening and at the zero hour rip it all out for DLC and aiming people to a web site to read about anything interesting that should have been in the game, so people can make an informed decision. That's kind of my entire point.

You and I see differently on store, lore, etc - and that's fine. Only thing I am saying here is don't market it one way then and come out with something completely neutered.

I disagree on anything in this game that was challenging. Throwing up bullet sponge bosses in strikes and in raids up until The Taken King where actual raid mechanics were used was after the fact.

Thats cool, bro. not every game is for everyone. I just checked my stats and I have over 700 hours in this game. And hyped as fuck for the next one.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Oh look, we got a badass all up in here.

Lighthouse was challenging. It is every week unless you have stacked team of badasses.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So youre calling me a liar?

I know this isn't directed at me but... My version of challenging (Again, anything pre Taken King) wasn't challenging at all, just tedious bullet sponge anti climatic missions which were all the same anyway. Go here, fight a few things, activate this, oh no, the fallen, horde mode for three rounds of combat, end. With the occasional bullet sponge end boss. I am not saying WoW was any better. Still not sure how WoW gets roped into this when they are completely different genres. Destiny fails on so many levels when even comparing this to any type of MMORPG. Instanced phase segments with a very limited player population and a million unknown/unnamed shards compared to actually being able to have a community on a server (Which was ruined with Cross server garbage in WoW). Not to mention being able to even interact with anyone outside a very small bubble of random players tossed in your view. Can't trade with other players. Voice chat was borked more than 60% of the time. Matchmaking wasn't working for anything actually worth doing when needing more than a traditional strike team (Raids), and no difference at ALL in level difficulty besides "Hey guys we upped the level of the mobs and added more HP" instead of having them use less/more special abilities, etc. This list goes on and on for about 56 pages. So, I would say it's far better to not even compare WoW to this game. Destiny had more in common with free to play games after microtransactions hit than any other Free to play game I had seen launched.

Hopefully they correct all that with Destiny 2, but I highly doubt it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thanks to these court documents from the Marty O’Donnell lawsuit, we now know that Destiny accrued over $500 million in pre-order and day one sales. Furthermore, the game sold 6.3 million units in its first month on sale, which amounted to additional $47.5 million in revenue.

These specific sales numbers also validate claims Activision has made about Destiny in the past, including the fact that it is the most pre-ordered new IP ever. While there exists a vocal minority that like to deride Destiny at every turn, its success isn’t by accident, and it’s not like the game has been burning out since its launch last year. On the contrary, since launch, Destiny has amassed 20 million players, and continues to top sales charts across all the platforms its available on each month.

Its also consistently top 10 twitch streamed games every day, every week.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I like Destiny faggot and play still occassionally. I can't be disappointed though on the story aspect or based on what was initially marketed?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
No. You must love every aspect of it and defend it vehemently. Otherwise you're just a hater.