Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so is that fruitcake who thought Emotes were a value add and should be paid for still in charge of this shit show?

Because if so, screw this upcoming disaster.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Ok so is that fruitcake who thought Emotes were a value add and should be paid for still in charge of this shit show?

Because if so, screw this upcoming disaster.

Destiny has made hundreds of millions of dollars from microtransactions (silver) - $7-20m/month, with silver being in the top 5 most months for top five add on money makers on PSN. Some people think Destiny has made MORE money on microtransactions than actual game box sales, and it is a ridiculously profitable game having sold millions of copies plus 2 major expacs that each sold for $40.
Destiny Microtransactions Are Ridiculously Popular - CINEMABLEND

I hate all this microtransaction bullshit as much as everyone but Overwatch, COD, Destiny, etc have all shown that people are willing to pour tons of money into cosmetic items and they are pretty much here to stay as a 5th column of gaming revenue - launch, season pass/DLC/xpacs, collector/limited/etc options, figurines and toys, and microtransactions.

I mean hell Riot games and Steam make billions per year on f2p games that only make money off microtransactions.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
All that proves is people are stupid. I hate microtransactions with a passion. Congrats on taking developers minds away from making a great game and focusing on how to extract money from players instead.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
All that proves is people are stupid. I hate microtransactions with a passion. Congrats on taking developers minds away from making a great game and focusing on how to extract money from players instead.

Damn right. And with destiny it was different. You can earn a lot in overwatch without spending where as in destiny you are forced to buy those emotes through the store or they make drops so rare on purpose those emotes are not attainable. Big difference. Also, blizzard isn't having their director come on board and state that emotes are a true value and you should spend 15 bucks while launching a grossly fucked up dlc content cut title. Blizzard may have definitely charged full price for a limited content game, it at least people knew what they were getting into. They didn't mislead the entire public with trailers and videos for shit that was going to be cut, or have five years of "massive story" only to see that ripped to send you to a different web site to even see it.

I get it. It turned out to be a loot driven (and very poorly I may add since hey had to bring in the Diablo 3 team post patches to teach them how to actually come close to doing it right) but it still is, and will be, the most unethical bullshit ever released.

So give gamers value. Not some bullshit like what they did. And how about this time they don't cut content out of the game to repackage as dlc because of their stop starts and then later, bullshit cuts of content, to establish a revenue plan which didn't give ANY value to the consumer / gamer.

In the end, it had good shooting mechanics which we should all expect in this day and age anyway. It's like praising a pizza place for putting cheese on the fucker.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd rather have micro transactions for a bunch of bullshit like emotes that I don't give a fuck about or things I decide I actually want then paying $15 a month for Blizzard to finish a gated Xpac under the guise of "free content". I also have the added bonus of still having access to Destiny any time I want without paying a bullshit fee like this was fucking AOL.

Destiny and all it's xpacs cost $160 over a 3 year period, WoW during that same time frame at the cheapest sub cost would be $467, that's not even counting the cost of the fucking Xpac. Destiny is a fucking bargain compared to that shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Has the story actually been kept in this game, or has it been ripped out like the last one?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
story got better every xpac, its not exactly uncharted or last of us but its pretty decent and they put in a lot of new loot. it still gets boring after a few weeks but its silly to really expect to play the same game for months or years

i play 2-3 hours a month of destiny and have for pretty much 2 years, just doing a simple dungeon (matchmaking) is fun just for the quick loot reward rush at the end, and there are a ton of simple faction type stuff to while away all your time. thats not even mentioning grinding factions, grinding raids, grinding PVP, etc all of which have structured systems like any MMO. Its definitely far more in the style of wow rather than FFA, winner takes all EQ though so anyone who hates carebear kinda games will still hate it. At the highest level of pvp is weekend trials, where only people who get 9 straight wins in 3v3 team pvp get the best loot.

Ryan

Trakanon Raider
One thing I'm hoping for is the PvP system to be more robust. Some kind of ranking and progression there beyond just a faction grind would be nice.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'd rather have micro transactions for a bunch of bullshit like emotes that I don't give a fuck about or things I decide I actually want then paying $15 a month for Blizzard to finish a gated Xpac under the guise of "free content". I also have the added bonus of still having access to Destiny any time I want without paying a bullshit fee like this was fucking AOL.

Destiny and all it's xpacs cost $160 over a 3 year period, WoW during that same time frame at the cheapest sub cost would be $467, that's not even counting the cost of the fucking Xpac. Destiny is a fucking bargain compared to that shit.

I agree with you. The sub model in WoW should be killed off considering how much money they make and the amount of content that doesn't hit the streets for all that cash. With that said, the content itself is a hell of a lot more richer than anything Destiny shit out, and the systems from auction housing, trade, garrisons, mobile support, matchmaking, and a million other things blow this pile of shit out of the water.

Hopefully the content in the game is more like The Taken King, and a lot less of vanilla and those two sweet cut DLC packs.

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Both systems are fine and viable, we're just looking for a company that doesn't shit on the players by releasing terrible xpac content with all those sweet profits. Whether they come from a sub model or micro transaction.

You could argue a sub model should incentivize better expansion because it is all the players have to keep interest. But we're all morons and keep paying, forget to cancel, don't care enough to not pay when shit content gets released. So get lazy and just throw together a couple of rehashed zones, some new AA skills, and new color of armor. Or box up some of that cut content from release you promised and make us pay for it.

Micro are pretty good because you can incrementally release small things like cosmetics that your art team puts together or the community sources, and implement a community incentive like revenue sharing, blah blah. It only gets real toxic when you're gating content or progression behind microtrans. But not sure if I'd put xp / gold pots in that category. Maybe. But then you slash your dev team and only keep enough people to shit out hats all day and never release meaningful expac content.

Both cases we just want commitment to quality. I don't care where they make the money to do that. It's too early for me and I'm stressed out and over thinking this morning.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I agree with you. The sub model in WoW should be killed off considering how much money they make and the amount of content that doesn't hit the streets for all that cash. With that said, the content itself is a hell of a lot more richer than anything Destiny shit out, and the systems from auction housing, trade, garrisons, mobile support, matchmaking, and a million other things blow this pile of shit out of the water.

Hopefully the content in the game is more like The Taken King, and a lot less of vanilla and those two sweet cut DLC packs.

But you also waited 2+ yrs between xpacks and paid almost 3X-4X for that wow shit, not to mention cash shop $$ as well. And lets not forget that this is a console game too, that got hampered with the stupid decision to come out on all consoles, including 10 yr old ones that your watch probably has more power than. Look I know Blizzard is do no wrong sally around here, but they have been fleecing their peeps the same way with their games. And it all boils down to the same level of content if you really think about it. Quest through the new shit for a week or two, then raid in the same instances for the next 2 yrs once or twice a week for that +3, rest of that awesome content they could cut away and no one would even notice.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
But you also waited 2+ yrs between xpacks and paid almost 3X-4X for that wow shit, not to mention cash shop $$ as well. And lets not forget that this is a console game too, that got hampered with the stupid decision to come out on all consoles, including 10 yr old ones that your watch probably has more power than. Look I know Blizzard is do no wrong sally around here, but they have been fleecing their peeps the same way with their games. And it all boils down to the same level of content if you really think about it. Quest through the new shit for a week or two, then raid in the same instances for the next 2 yrs once or twice a week for that +3, rest of that awesome content they could cut away and no one would even notice.

Like I said above, I get it. But 1) The first comparison was made to Overwatch. Well, Overwatch and the team let people know ahead of time (And plenty of time ahead of time) to know what they were getting with the game, which I thought was a horrendous low value for the amount of money charged (Although I only paid $39 on PC) Activision/Bungie knowingly showed a bunch of marketing that wans't even close to being in the game, had a limited beta with 3rd party shills stating "Wait until you see the final launch before making any judgements" and all that shit, and then came out with one of the most shallow as fuck games in the history of games, and then cut content to fill 2 DLC packs and charge again on top of that, and then have the director of the game come on the internet and talk about how much value emotes bring to consumers for the dollar spent. I mean give me a fucking break.

If we want to get into the nuts and bolts behind every system in comparison of WoW and Destiny, which are completely fucking different games from genre, but also completely different games in features, content, functionality, usability, infrastructure, depth of content, art, world building, etc - we can do that. Although it would be futile because I still agree that a subscription shouldn't be charged for WoW to remain accessed to the game.

The main point is - Blizzard is transparent in what customers are getting for their money. Activision/Bungie pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and shipped something that wasn't even relevant to what the hell they marketed for years, and that was something that happened over night.

Point being: Whoever did that, whether it was Activision, Bungie, or a little of both, deserve the Randy Pitchford Walk of Shame award from launch up until when Taken King was launched.

• 2Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Destiny to Overwatch isn't really a good comparison. Totally different types of games. I also get it and wish it was the way it used to be, we aren't ever going back sadly. Let us not forget that Blizzard said there would be no micro transactions in WoW because it would be unfair for a subscription game. We all know how that turned out. Blizzard is not transparent and is actually more fucking shady or as shady as most companies out there. How about the fact of charging for server transfers per character when in reality it's an empty name on the server and everything is cross realm but they keep artificial blocks in place to make it still needed.

I'm tired of day one patches for unfinished games and all the other bullshit that goes on these days. Blizzard sure the fuck isn't some angel in that department.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
There better be, I want to be able to kill things in PVP, not get shit all over like the console pleb that I am.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dont be a cheap ass, bro.

41kLRTBVNnL.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I guess I need to go start a gofundme so I can buy overpriced console devices instead of race car stuffs.