Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
My biggest gripe right now is how unbalanced stasis appears to be in pvp, especially warlock melee and coldsnap nades. Yet, I've heard from really good players that coldsnap isn't that good and it's just a noobkiller. We will see, I may need to l2play.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My biggest gripe right now is how unbalanced stasis appears to be in pvp, especially warlock melee and coldsnap nades. Yet, I've heard from really good players that coldsnap isn't that good and it's just a noobkiller. We will see, I may need to l2play.
CC in this game is retarded in PvP. Yeah lets add a set of skills that basically take a person out of combat for a second or two in an already fast paced game where youre dead in a second or less. Even in PvE this stasis shit does not make any sense. My warmind cell does a better job in clearing and taking out the trash than any stasis skill. But whatever in PvE right? Its cool, but yeah pvp is pretty aids right now.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My warmind cell does a better job in clearing and taking out the trash than any stasis skill.

Good thing you can combine stasis and warmind cells, the builds are insane. Even in PVP the only change that needs to be made is instant freeze should be supers only, abilities should only slow. If a hunter hits you with a double range melee that should still freeze. Warlock duration needs to come down. That's about it. Everything else you can learn and play around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually wish they'd abandon the "campaign". I think, generally speaking their campaigns are a huge waste of dev time. The amount of hours they pour into them isn't worth how long they actually take, not to mention the quality which isn't great. I hesitate to even call them campaign missions. I've seen Datto and others stating the story is "great". I just don't see it. Their lore is superb, but I dont see any great storytelling through missions here. The Ghost is actually cringy too. The game has a serious tone w/ the lore, but in game, I can't take the story as serious since Oryx.

Instead of campaign missions, jumping into a world and discovering lore, story arcs, NPCs, etc would be preferable, a la Dark Souls. The most exciting parts of Destiny are and have always been the missions / events that are communal efforts and discoveries.

As far as the lack of weapons? I actually dont mind what was taken away and how much (or little) there is. I think the game is worth the $70 dollars at a high level if you look at the game over the course of a year. When viewed seasonally, that's where it fails and Bungie gets roasted. If they could drop all the "seasons" at once, this game would be overwhelming for people, and maybe even in a good way. Again, if they stopped hand holding everybody w/ a soulless campaign, dropped the entire year's worth of content at launch and let the community sort it out, it would be a month or two of constant discussion. I know that's a pipe dream and unrealistic as they're working on content up to the night before.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Up until last night my only issue with the game was with them sun-setting most of the loot in the game. We then did the Ordeal last night which spawns enemies that cannot be damaged unless you use certain perks on your Artifact and apply them to your armor. This in turn pigeon holes you into using specific weapons due to only two types of weapons being able to do damage the enemies.

Being a somewhat recent player on PC without any unlocks this was enraging and I was forced to fall back to blue weapons with shit perks and handling just to do damage to the enemies rather than using the weapons I found really fun to use (Lord of Wolves, Sunshot, etc). The idea of having mobs which can only be damaged by certain types of mods isn't a bad one, but it was implemented poorly. Especially when they kept saying "Play how you want to play". You couple that with the vastly reduced loot pool and it makes it even worse. It's very obvious they're doing everything they can to keep players in the game for as long as possible and it completely turned me off from playing any further. It took what should have been a fun experience and stressed me out to the max.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
The introduction of champion mobs and therefore requiring very specific load outs snd mod selections is one of the worst changes to destiny over the last few years, and I don’t say that lightly considering the list of bad decisions is looong.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

You should just be able to choose which weapons the mods are on rather than forcing us to use certain types. If it's locked in after the start, fine. That would have been a better implementation of the system.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There are only ever two types of champion in any activity. That means from your fireteam's choice of nine weapons and three grenades, two of them have to actually be targeted for a specific purpose. There are mods for SMG, HC, AR's, Scouts, Shotguns, Bows. You can use champion mods with both your Lord of Wolves and your Sunshot.

Oh my god it's so oppressive.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Up until last night my only issue with the game was with them sun-setting most of the loot in the game. We then did the Ordeal last night which spawns enemies that cannot be damaged unless you use certain perks on your Artifact and apply them to your armor. This in turn pigeon holes you into using specific weapons due to only two types of weapons being able to do damage the enemies.

Being a somewhat recent player on PC without any unlocks this was enraging and I was forced to fall back to blue weapons with shit perks and handling just to do damage to the enemies rather than using the weapons I found really fun to use (Lord of Wolves, Sunshot, etc). The idea of having mobs which can only be damaged by certain types of mods isn't a bad one, but it was implemented poorly. Especially when they kept saying "Play how you want to play". You couple that with the vastly reduced loot pool and it makes it even worse. It's very obvious they're doing everything they can to keep players in the game for as long as possible and it completely turned me off from playing any further. It took what should have been a fun experience and stressed me out to the max.
We're champions introduced a while ago? Like forsaken or one of the seasons (or was it shadowkeep)? This isn't that new... I do wish you could pick an "either or" for mods on the artifact. Being able to have a different set (based off of your artifact) would be preferred.

Also allowing exotics to do that role would be nice.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well Eriana's has intrinsic anti-barrier and Divinity has overload, so you could avoid unlocking those mods if you're fans of the exotics.

Hekotat

We're champions introduced a while ago? Like forsaken or one of the seasons (or was it shadowkeep)? This isn't that new... I do wish you could pick an "either or" for mods on the artifact. Being able to have a different set (based off of your artifact) would be preferred.

Also allowing exotics to do that role would be nice.

I played slightly in Forsaken and didn't return until this expansion.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If any of you are annoyed at fighting for kills in strikes for some of these Stasis quests, you can either download the exe from the github link in this reddit post, or just block a few ports on your windows FW for hte port range below. Basically this kills matchmaking for PVE allowing you to solo into activities that otherwise require you to group w/ others, for instance strikes, nightfalls, etc..

All rules block out this port range: 27000 - 27200, 3097 (both udp/tcp)

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If any of you are annoyed at fighting for kills in strikes for some of these Stasis quests, you can either download the exe from the github link in this reddit post, or just block a few ports on your windows FW for hte port range below. Basically this kills matchmaking for PVE allowing you to solo into activities that otherwise require you to group w/ others, for instance strikes, nightfalls, etc..

All rules block out this port range: 27000 - 27200, 3097 (both udp/tcp)

Can you turn this off when you DO want to matchmake? Is it easy to turn on and off?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Very fast turnaround on some stasis changes that will make PVP much nicer, along with an acknowledgement of lack of guns. Seraph weapons are coming back into the rotation along with season 11 weapons.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
"Stasis Breakout Damage reduced (110->90hp)"

Why is breakout damage even a thing? You're already a sitting duck and liable to get assfucked.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Very fast turnaround on some stasis changes that will make PVP much nicer, along with an acknowledgement of lack of guns. Seraph weapons are coming back into the rotation along with season 11 weapons.

I don't get how their SMS verification would deter player from cheating if they have no cheat detection in the first place and no one gets banned. There are blatant cheaters that have been doing trials for months. I also wonder how hard it is to bypass sms verification for someone already cheating.