Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think I missed some
Content or skipped by mistake. 8 have all new quests today I haven’t played in a few days. They talk of a faking crashing orbits station? What’s that all about?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think I missed some
Content or skipped by mistake. 8 have all new quests today I haven’t played in a few days. They talk of a faking crashing orbits station? What’s that all about?
I guess its content after raid was beaten, because part of the raid the space station, or some part of it crashes and then the big boss battle of raid happens.

Tues new loot, or should I say, older loot is coming back, like season 10 stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Spoiler:

The new raid takes place in "Restricted" section of Clovis Bray and you get sent up to an orbital space station (which... seems odd that NO ONE KNEW ABOUT IT). You fight a bunch of people, and the second to last fight you are tossing nuclear cores around and the space station is plummeting. You can see the re-enrty stuff happening in the outside skybox. At the end of the 2nd to last fight you get into an escape hatch and make it all the way to a safe room, and the entire station crashes. You get your shield busted and you need to finish off the main bad guy from the previous fight.

Contest mode was removed from the raid 24 hours after it opened, so it should be a bit "easier", though it seems mechanic-heavy.

All of that stuff results in a change in the zone, some new spots in previously explored areas being available, and some new quests and activities. Heroic patrols, new stuff from Variks, etc.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
With everything now released, I honestly think this is the best expansion since Forsaken, and I could even understand some arguments of being better than Forsaken from a QOL perspective. The exotics are amazing and the ability to solo farm exotics is so nice. The PVP weapon meta (not talking Stasis which still needs some tuning) has never been more balanced. On the topic of Stasis, Bungie fixed some of the biggest pain points within a week, their fastest turnaround ever on tuning, and it was great. The lore of this DLC is top notch, better than anything we've had previously and we've gotten answers to some big questions (What was Elsie's future like? How do Exos work?). I've only done half the raid but watched the other half and it's fantastic. The weapons are sick. My opinion of this DLC just keeps improving. Miss me with any complains about sunsetting or content going away, I wanna use all this new stuff and Mars can get fucked.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
I just want some of the PVE friendly weapons back, namely 21% and Loaded Question

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just want some of the PVE friendly weapons back, namely 21% and Loaded Question
Yep, this is my biggest gripe with this expansion. They took most of our cool toys away and they gave us back shit so far. Also im not seeing the cool guns in the raid either. Maybe sniper and LMG, the exotic RL? all the others are trash and no even close to meta, even more-so with the farmable season pass weapons which are all pretty much terribad.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
all the others are trash and no even close to meta

What is it you consider meta right now? Where are you forming these opinions? You can't look up the weapon rolls on light.gg and I know you haven't done the raid. You just looking at rolls streamers get? People are even praising the 180 HC which are historically garbage.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Come on man, you seriously arguing these weapons they gave us this season are good ones? Ill even give you the 180 hc lol. And no I don't do raids, which makes it even worse for those that don't do them, which is the majority of the D2 player base. Only like 20% do raids, if that. Go look up steam statistics for a reference point.

And also, why would I equip that 180 HC over my ikelos/seraph SMG with the cells which destroy everything at least for PvE? for PvP 180s are historically bad no matter the perks?

Dude, I love this game too, but im not afraid to call out the dumb mistakes they make from time to time.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
Thing is most of the guns I use did not get sunset EXCEPT machine guns. I don't pvp often (just enough for pinnacle and once I hit hard cap I quit) so the weapons I saved for that are still usable but like I said, I really want my PVE purples back.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I didnt lose much in the way of what I was using last season, but definitely not gaining anything of value either. especially in the farmable weapons this season I can only think of the pulse, LMG which are both form Vargas, then maybe the SMG from the season stuff and Crow. Shit they even made all the moon weapons obsolete too. Which boggles the mind. Season pass is the 180 scout which is like the worst RPM of the scout rifles.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Dude, I love this game too, but im not afraid to call out the dumb mistakes they make from time to time.

The only mistake they made was sunsetting 2 years of gear all at once. A one time issue that will never happen again.

I'm not saying you don't love the game but your viewpoint on it comes from probably the most casual place possible. I don't see you talking about GM's ever, you don't raid, you don't do Trials and you probably run IB when it's around for free pinnacles but then you come here and say it's a shit show. In PVP the meta changed drastically this season and almost anything you can think of is viable, including 180's now, it's the most balanced crucible we've ever seen. BTW 180's were only bad in crucible because of low magazine size and we're literally talking about a new 180 that can get up to probably 30+ in the mag? It's nuts, the shotgun can get up to 16 shots in the mag.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So just because im "casual" by your meaning, my view of the game does not matter? Shit, bro, go look at Reddit and you will see 1000s with the same gripes I have said here. So clearly its not just me. Just because I dont raid or do GMs, or even Trials which is a shit show of cheating and recovs, means fuck all to the point that this seasons weapons suck. Compare last few seasons slew of farmable weapons and you will see how fucked this season is. Even bungie admitted so which is why they are adding to it tomorrow.

I do the content I enjoy. And I also have 1000s of hours logged into this game spanning from D1 to D2. I do not enjoy LFG because I have been burned by it before wasting countless of my precious hours, dating back to D1.And I do not have a set crew of 5-6 dudes. So I will continue to play what I play and enjoy what I enjoy in this game and my opinion is just as valuable as yours. In fact it means more to bungie to keep people like me happy then dudes like you which will play this game and are happy regardless.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
When you don't do content that's actually difficult and you come in here talking about what's good and what isn't, yeah, that kind of diminishes your viewpoint. If you're going to tell me that opinions on raid weapons don't matter because only 20% of people do them then yeah I'm gonna consider your thoughts on season weapons irrelevant. Just because you don't care to get them doesn't make them irrelevant. Every weapon type has a use and a warmind SMG can't solve all your problems. When Season of Dawn came and introduced the entire warmind cell concept everyone shit on it saying it was a gimmick. Now here we are. Give people time with weapons before you start calling things trash.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ok agree to disagree then. enjoy your 180hc.BTW what are people using in raid for weapons? Show me where this seasons weapons are being used? Its warmind SMG for trash, followed by last seasons swords, which are still op as fuck, and snipes from this season, last season, and slug shot guns from last season on last boss. Just because I dont DO the content myself does not mean I dont know the meta.

Show me where this seasons 600 primary SMG will be used, show me where heavy grenade launcher from this season will be used over sword or Xeno? Show me where the special nade launcher will be used? Primary bow? The 660 charge time fusion?

Last edited:

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Some of the older weapons are going to start dropping again randomly tomorrow, right? I think it was tomorrow (tuesday).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
BTW what are people using in raid for weapons? Show me where this seasons weapons are being used? Its warmind SMG for trash, followed by last seasons swords, which are still op as fuck, and snipes from this season, last season, and slug shot guns from last season on last boss.

At least in one point during contest I used the new kinetic SMG, I also rely on it heavily for solo legendary lost sectors atm. The rest of the time I used the last wish scout rifle. The slug shotgun from this season's world loot pool is better than the slug from last season, wait for people to get ideal rolls. The new exotic sword is better than guillotine and will be meta for the second boss. You said yourself snipes from this season (Adored?) were used, and the raid sniper looks to be pretty good as well. No idea where the raid weapons are going to end up in the meta but they have a lot of unknowns right now.

If someone started playing today the weapons they can attain are completely viable in any scenario. Yes some things from before will continue to shine. Still doesn't make DLC/seasonal offerings trash.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
At least in one point during contest I used the new kinetic SMG, I also rely on it heavily for solo legendary lost sectors atm. The rest of the time I used the last wish scout rifle. The slug shotgun from this season's world loot pool is better than the slug from last season, wait for people to get ideal rolls. The new exotic sword is better than guillotine and will be meta for the second boss. You said yourself snipes from this season (Adored?) were used, and the raid sniper looks to be pretty good as well. No idea where the raid weapons are going to end up in the meta but they have a lot of unknowns right now.

If someone started playing today the weapons they can attain are completely viable in any scenario. Yes some things from before will continue to shine. Still doesn't make DLC/seasonal offerings trash.
Teawrex was using this seasons fusion rifle (I think?) during at least two of the encounters. Charge time was really short and it looked dangerous.

On the note of watching... Gladd posted his statistics, and it was MONSTROUS

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
One stack of rampage can 3-tap. I'd personally prefer Reconstruction in the third column over Rapid Hit, it could push the magazine up to 26-27. As a 180 you don't need extra stability and the automatic reloading from reserves makes faster reload from Rapid Hit unnecessary.