Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It changed recently because fewer and fewer people (the average like you and I) dont even play it anymore. As to the comp playlist, I just dont enjoy it as much.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
???

PVP is one of the most active areas of the game, always. Trials and normal crucible combined make up a huge chunk of overall activity.

1649704099814.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Trials is not crucible 6es playlist and 11% of time played is a pittance and its still free content for F2P players. I would like to see this breakdown pre june 2020. Besides its a 3 hr breakdown from a trials weekend that has freelance. Wish they showed an overall chart of say...2+ months.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You can check those stats any time of they day/week and they will be consistent. PVP is part of the game's life blood and is what keeps the franchise so consistent over time as PVE hits lulls every season. Crucible population is almost always around 30%. Those people doing Trials on a Monday morning when I took the snapshot wouldn't instead be doing patrols or strikes if it wasn't a Trials weekend. They'd just be in a different PVP mode like IB or whatever.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well you're better than me and your average lobby K/D is much higher. Wouldn't be that drastic if you were the only outlier. Proves SBMM/balancing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well they did say in that post I linked that trials and all glory playlists still have SBMM. Im only talking about rergular crucible and IB which does not have SBMM and only lobby balance.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lenas Lenas & mkopec mkopec - Obviously you guys are still active, but generally curious if the seasonal paradigm that Bungie has been doing for the past few years is (or has started) wearing on you guys at all. I never thought it would happen, but I've become legitimately bored of the same ol' same ol' system. As you pointed out, mkopec, I wish they'd spend more time on the seasonal stuff.. The typical, play the seasonal activity, grind for some weps, and do it all over again has just become repetitive. I don't have any constructive ideas on where they should go either - just complaining.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
No different than any MMO in my opinion. The carrot on the stick is always obvious, it just depends if you enjoy playing the game or not. I never put much effort into grinding the seasonal activities, I do them enough to finish out the storyline and grind whatever weapons I want. Then I log in to raid or do crucible, which I enjoy. The game for me is more of a consistent hobby than something I grind. Occasionally I'll have a goal in mind like a solo flawless and I'll go hard for a bit and then cool off for a while.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah you really do have to enjoy the destiny experience for sure. To me its still the best feeling shooter there is. Im more of a grinder than Lenas from what he says above. Im this way in all the mmos I play.But I do tend to skip a season here and there, come back and be sort of refreshed. Then I see all the shit I skipped and all the weapons I missed out on and Im kinda sad. LOL. I mean 1/2 the shit I never end up using anyway after I get it. You always have a certain few weapons you tend to gravitate to, the others, at least for me, are used for some bounties here and there or just to change some shit up from now and then.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think one thing that would help this game out more is some quest hub type stuff in free roam mode. Kind of like other mmo rpg have. They could mix them up from season to season from one planet to the next and so on, mix up the rewards, etc... But this would go a long way into making the game world feel more alive. Right now as it stands there is no incentive to go down to the planets as a seasoned player. Shit, make the patrol be more worthwhile other than getting a blue. Make them harder with some champs or something with meaningful destination loot or something. Whole swaths of the world which stand unused for the most part other than maybe grinding out some mats if youre low. I mean honestly why even have them other than for the stadia players?

I remember back to yr one I think it was when grinding the public events was the best way to get exotics. Yeah it was kinda cheesy risk vs reward wise, hence why it was removed, but the game world destinations were at least alive with activity.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Last TWAB update revealed that next season is going to start the dungeon/raid rotator system. The newest dungeon and raid will both be featured as seasonal highlights, but everything else will rotate weekly and offering a pinnacle drop from final boss. Dungeons and raids featured in the weekly rotation are also going to be infinitely farmable for legendaries (still just the 3x per week for exotics).

Combined with the promise of a new dungeon or raid every season this is pretty huge for end game replay.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just to be a contrarian...Are the dungeons now not farmable? I dont do more than one a week, but i thought they were farmable for legendary as even LFG discord has "Boss CP farms" for Avarice. Also a pinnacle IMO is just not enough for a 1+ hour runs in dungeons and raids. Unless you do the CP farms I guess to target grind? Even so, the way they have this shit set up now with mid season GMs and master raids Its not really hard to reach pinnacle cap or close enough. Whats more important IMO is the exp grind to get your seasonal artifact to +20 or more.

Also, they hinted on twitter that next weeks TWAB has a thorough breakdown on sandbox changes for next season. this should be interesting. People on reddit are also hinting at a pulse nerf, fusion nerf, of course the SMG nerfs for the standouts they have hinted in the past. Also many are claiming a gally nerf, but I find that hard to believe since Gally is a good $30 sale for the 30th anniv stuff. Basically nerfs all around to keep their coveted HC/shotty at the top.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Great breakdown about pellet shot guns with lots of testing.

TLDR basically full choke is useless and rolls really dont matter THAT much. Its all about the different frames.

Do not slide with pellet shotguns. -20 stability and +15% spread

All shottys have a 6-7 m kill range. Some going out a bit further but its always around the 7m mark for basically all shot guns.

RNG of pellets landing is huge and basically why sometimes your shotty kills and sometimes it does not. Best most consistent shotty at the 7m range is time lost found verdict. Between 50-60%, give or take, OHK at 7m.

Handling is super important for pellet shotty.

In air accuracy is barely changed with icarus for pellet shottys, its useless mod. So use others.

Quick charge is super important mod to use for shotty.

Quick draw and snapshot are still really great for pellet SG. but stowe speed is still tied to SH intrinsic handling stat. slow stow speeds on primary make SG seem sluggish, so handling is important on primary as well if youre using SG. So example if you have a 100 handling shotty and a 30 handling primary, its best to use primary dex mod rather than a shot gun dexterity mod, like people often do.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just to be a contrarian...Are the dungeons now not farmable?

Only Grasp is farmable. The benefit here is not getting pinnacle drops, but getting rolls you want on weapons. It took me like 65 clears of DSC before I got a PVP Heritage that I wanted. There's a pulse rifle from Pit of Heresy that I still don't even own even though I've done it solo flawless.

Last edited: