Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Been slacking on getting my rep with Fynch high enough to unlock that option. Only at lvl 11 now and need to be at 13. How the fuck did you guys get it so high that fast lol?

Doesn't need to be on the higher difficulty. I did regular difficulty and got an alloy after like 5 runs last week. Chance is just lower.

Anyway, Rahool is fixed and offering a 2-for-1 purchase now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man they need to fix the matchmaking in PvP. Its so fucking bad. Game after game of total unbalanced lobbies. Then once in a while you will get a good even match but they are so far and few between. WTF happened with PvP in this game? It used to be so much better thant this. I used to spend hours in crucible and IB back in the day. Now I can hardly stand a hour of this shit. I mean look at this shit.... And this is not some cherry picked BS either.

Capture001.PNG

Capture015.PNG

Capture016.PNG

Capture017.PNG

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Invis hunters have been more annoying of late with Void 3.0, and they were already annoying. Every class has its bs that it can throw around, and every expansion and usually every other season they keep shaking the sandbox up so nothing is ever consistent for too long. But that is part of their problem I feel, they tinker too much, and then add in the wild random swings that have happened a few times since stasis released, and it has definitely been off putting. I usually only bother with pvp during Iron Banner anymore, and use those weeks to grind out my faction reset for a season and call it good. I don’t touch trials at all. Too much cheating in pvp these days. That and running into people that have fine tuned their load outs and mods so much that it seems like hacks. I tend to hover around an average of 1.25 kd, comprised of a mixture of 2 or 3 kd games where I get a decent team or find my stride in a match, and games where we just get steam rolled by a team or a couple of players with 10+ kd running some cracked build.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Invis hunters have been more annoying of late with Void 3.0, and they were already annoying. Every class has its bs that it can throw around, and every expansion and usually every other season they keep shaking the sandbox up so nothing is ever consistent for too long. But that is part of their problem I feel, they tinker too much, and then add in the wild random swings that have happened a few times since stasis released, and it has definitely been off putting. I usually only bother with pvp during Iron Banner anymore, and use those weeks to grind out my faction reset for a season and call it good. I don’t touch trials at all. Too much cheating in pvp these days. That and running into people that have fine tuned their load outs and mods so much that it seems like hacks. I tend to hover around an average of 1.25 kd, comprised of a mixture of 2 or 3 kd games where I get a decent team or find my stride in a match, and games where we just get steam rolled by a team or a couple of players with 10+ kd running some cracked build.
For some reason they are just in love with their huntards. Its like 60% of the people you see in crucible anymore and there is 3 classes. Shit before the invis void meta we had the shatter dive bullshit that plagued the crucible for a year. But honestly I dont even care about rhe cheesy shit though. Its all fine if they would jsut fix the god damned matchmaking and make it like it was before they turned of sbmm in june 2020. I just dont understand how they thing pitting tryhard 4.0K/D players vs 1.0K/D plebs is a good thing.

Also what would help is to add back in some rewards to grind for in the Glory playlists to get the sweat lords back into those playlists and keep them there. Weapons, sure but no OP ones, but what would really get hose PVP sweat lords to grind is some status symbol type things they could add in so they could jack off too.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I snooped all the games you screenshotted. I thought I was going to see some classic Lobby Balance in action, but was surprised that only 1 in the 4 games actually showed any evidence of LBing. Interestingly, most of your losses were on Hunter, and most wins on Titan.

1. Destiny 2 Post Game Carnage Report (ID: 10444439403) - Destiny Tracker -- seems pretty unbalanced, I can't tell who's grouped and who's not though. Toast (Canadian - Steam) top scored, but his stats are pretty ordinary overall.

2. Destiny 2 Post Game Carnage Report (ID: 10444303732) - Destiny Tracker -- Unbalanced, the Gold ranked player on your team bailed and got replaced with a Bronze and they bailed and you got a Silver. NEEP (Great Britain - Steam) top scored and has very average stats overall.

3. Destiny 2 Post Game Carnage Report (ID: 10444472917) - Destiny Tracker -- Wildly unbalanced, Kuni (Canadian - Steam) top scored and has great overall stats.

4. Destiny 2 Post Game Carnage Report (ID: 10444540455) - Destiny Tracker -- Pretty close, Miniman (American - X-box) top scored and has above average stats overall. I didn't check this for the other games but your team had 3 people under 1530 light (1511, 1515, 1524) which means they take a SHITLOAD of extra damage. The enemy team had 1 at 1532 and another at 1534.

-------

SBMM and LB are different. So when Bungie says they turned it off, they probably didn't lie. LB is possibly worse than SBMM. This is an example of LB that we see CONSTANTLY.

I play with excelon alot, so we see this shit constantly. excelon is cracked, I'm a little over average, I've steadily got better at the game, I started as a 0.5 kda player back in season 1-3 and then started again in like season 6, and got slowly better and better. This season I'm at a 2.3kda in IB.

What we've found recently is the console crowd... they pull some incredible shots off and are laggy AF. We can't hit them, but they sure as shit can hit us. We've played against people some Finland, America and Brazil, so the connections in general are as fucked as they could possibly be (not to mention the constant China/Korea/Japan games). I would dearly love to take a trip to the US and play D2 on a fibre line while there to see how the other half lives.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I snooped all the games you screenshotted. I thought I was going to see some classic Lobby Balance in action, but was surprised that only 1 in the 4 games actually showed any evidence of LBing. Interestingly, most of your losses were on Hunter, and most wins on Titan.

1. Destiny 2 Post Game Carnage Report (ID: 10444439403) - Destiny Tracker -- seems pretty unbalanced, I can't tell who's grouped and who's not though. Toast (Canadian - Steam) top scored, but his stats are pretty ordinary overall.

2. Destiny 2 Post Game Carnage Report (ID: 10444303732) - Destiny Tracker -- Unbalanced, the Gold ranked player on your team bailed and got replaced with a Bronze and they bailed and you got a Silver. NEEP (Great Britain - Steam) top scored and has very average stats overall.

3. Destiny 2 Post Game Carnage Report (ID: 10444472917) - Destiny Tracker -- Wildly unbalanced, Kuni (Canadian - Steam) top scored and has great overall stats.

4. Destiny 2 Post Game Carnage Report (ID: 10444540455) - Destiny Tracker -- Pretty close, Miniman (American - X-box) top scored and has above average stats overall. I didn't check this for the other games but your team had 3 people under 1530 light (1511, 1515, 1524) which means they take a SHITLOAD of extra damage. The enemy team had 1 at 1532 and another at 1534.

-------

SBMM and LB are different. So when Bungie says they turned it off, they probably didn't lie. LB is possibly worse than SBMM. This is an example of LB that we see CONSTANTLY.

I play with excelon alot, so we see this shit constantly. excelon is cracked, I'm a little over average, I've steadily got better at the game, I started as a 0.5 kda player back in season 1-3 and then started again in like season 6, and got slowly better and better. This season I'm at a 2.3kda in IB.

What we've found recently is the console crowd... they pull some incredible shots off and are laggy AF. We can't hit them, but they sure as shit can hit us. We've played against people some Finland, America and Brazil, so the connections in general are as fucked as they could possibly be (not to mention the constant China/Korea/Japan games). I would dearly love to take a trip to the US and play D2 on a fibre line while there to see how the other half lives.
That was all IB solo queue, so there should not be any teams there. And also I agree on the console controller shit too. They pull of some incredible snipes through flinch too. Or what should be flinch, lol.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any tips how to get 100k in this weeks nightfall? We're getting stuck in the mid 90's at 1550 Legend Fallen Saber.
Are we missing something or need to do it at 1580? That seems excessive.

Fadaar

That guy
Any tips how to get 100k in this weeks nightfall? We're getting stuck in the mid 90's at 1550 Legend Fallen Saber.
Are we missing something or need to do it at 1580? That seems excessive.

take your time in the first area and boss room. once boss gets under 50% or 40% or whatever it is (aka now able to be killed and not health gated) farm shanks and whatnot until you hit 100k. took me two attempts to get it, first run was like 98k. first area during the warsat event i think everything despawns once it hits 100% so you need to make sure to kill everything as fast as possible. if you have to hop outside the circle though it might still tick even with nobody there.

• 2Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah get out of the circle during the warsat part to stop progression, kill all adds, get back in circle until next wave. Get out of circle every time adds spawn.

• 2Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks guys I will try again tonight
Update: That worked, thanks again !

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So yeah the new expansion campaign was cool and all but I sorta wish they put more dev in the seasonal content that everyone plays over and over rather than the campaign. The campaign is like one and done (well actually 3 times where the second and 3rd are already boring) while the season drags out over 3 months. No new crucible maps either which was kinda lame.

IDK what do you guys think? Like I said campaign is nice and all but I jsut think more needs to be done for the season which kinda drags around one month in.

Good side of things the weapon crafting is nice. Nice weapons this season too. They all feel great. I hope they expand this into more guns you can craft (Im sure they will lol)

Bad side is both crucible and gambit. I dont know what they were thinking with gambit but the shit does not work. Honestly, and this might not be a popular opinion, but I liked gambit season one the best. Crucible meta is great but something about matchmaking is off (as shown above with countless screens). Plus they need more maps. Also the old hand cannon shotty shit is getting old. Hand cannons that rival the range of pulses is laughable. They keep introducing new 140s in the past 2 seasons that are fucking ridiculous... Range and 3 taps going out to 35 meters before drop off and AA best in class. Couple this with map design that favors mid engagements, well you have the easiest weapon type (hand cannons) basically jack of all trades.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
IDK what do you guys think?

Campaign: I thought it was the best one we've had so far in D2. The levels are pretty unique, bosses engaging, narrative doesn't really have any slow spots forcing you to do bounties or whatever. Great balance, good itemization, really smart to give players the 1520 set at the end of legendary.

Itemization: Pretty amazing this round. There are meta options in every avenue of the game right now, great world/raid loot pools, bolstered by weapon crafting. Getting patterns can be a pain but they have already announced simplifying the currencies, and the original announcement confirmed our entire arsenals would eventually be craftable, just coming in waves. New perks are pretty nice, some of the origin traits on weapons are fantastic, and it's all in a pretty good place right now.

Raid: Spectacular from a lore/visual standpoint. Solid itemization with a great incentive to grind (patterns). Fun encounters where most players have individual responsibilities but the raid still allows for hero moments if you need to cover for someone. The only part that sucks in the long-term is the slow opening sequence.

Crucible: People never stop complaining about it, but this is just another flavor of the month meta. Hand cannons and shotguns will always be powerful, but right now we're also seeing a big surge of fusion rifles and pulses. I've gone Legend in comp 5x and I'm currently at 3500 for the season, it's the same as it ever is. Just adapt to whatever the current meta is and move on.

Gambit: I say this with zero sarcasm, freelance gambit feels better than the mode ever has. Yes the arena is still overrun with bullshit like Gjallarhorn, but at least the playing field is a little more even when you don't get matched solo against a 4 stack that has perfected a 5 second boss burn.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
i liked gambit prime because it ended the fastest
I honestly enjoy gambit. Have enjoyed it since it came out. Nice mix of pvp and pve in a sort of competitive match. It needs more shit to grind for and better rewards. Only thing that sucks about it right now is the one shot BS. Invaders come in with 3+ shots of gallahorn and its over. Before this season it was harder to get heavy. Now everyone gets a few shots every clear.

I mean I dont know how to fix this shit. Maybe no heavy while invading?

Also whats fucked up is they never reworked the Triumphs to the latest iteration of the game. For instance the Light vs light? triumph is pretty much impossible to get now since people only get like one super per match and rarely invade with it.

Fadaar

That guy
yeah i think disabling heavy weapons during invades would be a good start. not fun in the slightest.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Crucible: People never stop complaining about it, but this is just another flavor of the month meta. Hand cannons and shotguns will always be powerful, but right now we're also seeing a big surge of fusion rifles and pulses. I've gone Legend in comp 5x and I'm currently at 3500 for the season, it's the same as it ever is. Just adapt to whatever the current meta is and move on.

Gambit: I say this with zero sarcasm, freelance gambit feels better than the mode ever has. Yes the arena is still overrun with bullshit like Gjallarhorn, but at least the playing field is a little more even when you don't get matched solo against a 4 stack that has perfected a 5 second boss burn.

Crucible meta is great. But the matchmaking sucks. Im talking about the standard 6es, where most people spend the most amount of time in. Unbalanced matchmaking game after game with 4.0 k/d sweaty fuckers in every lobby farming the dads. And I still think they need to adjust the range and AA on certain weapon types, like hand cannons for instance.

Gambit freelance is great, but the invades are still too frequent and too much unavoidable one shot bullshit.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
As a 1.0 KD lifetime player I don't feel matchmaking has changed in any significant way. I usually only play 6's for pinnacles though and stick to competitive modes. Honestly if you want an experience closer to SBMM you should stick to Survival. Of course the sweat lords stick to quickplay because that's the only place they can frag their dicks off.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
As a 1.0 KD lifetime player I don't feel matchmaking has changed in any significant way. I usually only play 6's for pinnacles though and stick to competitive modes. Honestly if you want an experience closer to SBMM you should stick to Survival. Of course the sweat lords stick to quickplay because that's the only place they can frag their dicks off.
Well it sure did when they turned of SBMM. June of 2020. Crucible 6es turned into lobby balancing bullshit that no one likes.

Match Made in Heaven​

By the time that this TWAB is published, a few changes to Crucible matchmaking will be live. Matchmaking based on player skill has been removed from all playlists except Elimination, Survival, and Survival: Freelance. Trials of Osiris will continue to be matched based on the number of wins on your Passage.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well it sure did a couple of years ago.

I mean recently. People keep on claiming matchmaking has been changed behind the scenes recently but I don't feel it. The SBMM change is also why I said you should stick to Survival, where it's still enabled since that twab you linked.