Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Boss got one phased immediately after reset when contest was removed today. VOD will go down as no harder than DSC and in my opinion it's the perfect mix of mechanics and shooting that keeps everyone accountable. Being able to target farm the weapons for patterns gives a long term, achievable goal for raiders. Early raid puzzle completion lets you guarantee a deepsight weapon from an extra chest after boss, and the first weapon you purchase with spoils each week is a guaranteed deepsight. Along with RNG drop chances this means you can complete a weapon pattern in 2 (best) to 5 (worst) weeks each. Plus there's the raid exotic, but it isn't tied to the title, which alleviates a big complaint as well.

Fadaar

That guy
tried to do a run super late last night, started after 11 pm. ended up having to call it at the third encounter (gauntlet) but we were getting close, few more shots and would have had it. not bad considering 2 or 3 of us (myself included) didnt do it at all day 1 and another guy didnt do anything past caretaker. unfortunately i only got 2 pieces of armor, bleh.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The rocket launcher looks good. Can roll with Ambitious and chain reaction plus its ark so its unique up to this point. The pulse seems cool too since its the rare 4 shot burst type we have not had too many of those since Forsaken and the forge. But other than that its kinda meh. Titan chest and helm look cool but the rest is also kinda meh from what I saw. Glave is cool I guess but you already have a good one you got from campaign you can roll with whatever you want. Also people are saying that glave needs buff because once the seasonal mods fall off its gonna be shit. They also need to fix the perks that dont work with the melee part of it like rampage and the other dmg perks.

Also went through my vault and deleted a whole bunch of shit I kept to use and just never did. Many which were god rolls or really great rolls. I saw a video of a long time Destiny player that literally deleted most of his vauilt and he kinda makes a whole lot of sense as to why. Its long but its good and he makes a ton of sense. Basically keep what you use. Watch the first 20 min or so when he makes the points that make you think.The shit you have not used in a year or more you will never use and it will never be meta and if it is, there will be new weapons not old ones. Now Im not going go as far as him and delete EVERYTHING, but I cleared a good 100 or so slots and can probably do another 50 or so if I thought about it more.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I saw a video of a long time Destiny player that literally deleted most of his vauilt and he kinda makes a whole lot of sense as to why. Its long but its good and he makes a ton of sense.

This is why all the complaints about sunsetting were stupid. People only want to use Year 1 or Year 2 stuff in their minds but in reality that shit just collects dust anyway because it's always replaced by better, newer gear.

The raid pulse rifle recoil is insane. Like, it shoots a single spot on a wall with no control at all. Full reset every burst.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is why all the complaints about sunsetting were stupid. People only want to use Year 1 or Year 2 stuff in their minds but in reality that shit just collects dust anyway because it's always replaced by better, newer gear.

The raid pulse rifle recoil is insane. Like, it shoots a single spot on a wall with no control at all. Full reset every burst.
There were a few weapons that were good in crucible but you can still use them there other than end game pvp. But the pain was the armor though since it takes so much mats to upgrade more shit.

Fadaar

That guy
The only issue I had with sunsetting is they sunset weapons with unique perks like 21%, Mountaintop, and Recluse. I mostly just want 21% back, the other two were PVP and balancing nightmares.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Had time to finish the raid tonight, and it's probably the best Destiny raid of all time. The accessibility of DSC with a boss quality of Last Wish, it honestly has to be the best raid package of them all.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else got the bug where you can't buy any ascendent alloys from Rahool because it says you have already reached your limit even after the weekly reset. The shit is aggravating.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I’ve been bugged since the first week, have only ever gotten that one from him, and it’s been greyed out since.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went in and did I think 5 or 6 runs on the higher difficulty campaign mission the second week and got the third one I needed for Osteo, which was definitely worth it. Osteo is already a really good SMG, its catalyst makes it a god damn meat grinder. Not looking forward to grinding out alloys for advanced perks, they need to loosen up on that or make advanced perks unlocked permanently once you've purchased them. As it stands now if you want to swap perks, you have to pay with alloy every time. And make sure you have your barrel and other perks picked the way you want for Osteo before you set the catalyst, it charges 3 alloy every time you reshape the gun after you slot it currently, another thing I fucking hope they take a second look at.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What would help is if you could store more of them as well in your inventory. As its is now im storing all the red weapons in vault because im full up on mats.

Also could I get some help with the gallahorn mission? I tried it solo and im sure I could do it but it just sucks when you needlessly die and have to redo it all again and again...and again.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Can't upgrade my Osteo Striga with its catalyst, so bummed.

do the weekly story on higher difficulty, ive gotten more than one from that

What would help is if you could store more of them as well in your inventory. As its is now im storing all the red weapons in vault because im full up on mats.

Also could I get some help with the gallahorn mission? I tried it solo and im sure I could do it but it just sucks when you needlessly die and have to redo it all again and again...and again.

yeah ive got a whole bunch of finished weapons sitting there because i have fuckall to craft/change. only guns i want wont drop, ie wellspring and the sniper from psiops. on the plus side i did unlock & craft the machine gun, working on leveling it now to get improved subsistence & frenzy $$.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

I sent you a message in Steam, you're not replying. So I'll post it here, the link to the Destiny 2 LFG discord.

If you still don't get any luck with that, when I'm on in a few hours I'll message you again.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
do the weekly story on higher difficulty, ive gotten more than one from that
Been slacking on getting my rep with Fynch high enough to unlock that option. Only at lvl 11 now and need to be at 13. How the fuck did you guys get it so high that fast lol?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Been slacking on getting my rep with Fynch high enough to unlock that option. Only at lvl 11 now and need to be at 13. How the fuck did you guys get it so high that fast lol?
In the beginning days of expansion when we were all farming the funnelwebs, or most people that knew about it in the 2 chest farm, shit I think im like lv 50 with him now or close to it. Each chest gave you 200 rep and it was at least 40-50 chests per hour.

yeah ive got a whole bunch of finished weapons sitting there because i have fuckall to craft/change. only guns i want wont drop, ie wellspring and the sniper from psiops. on the plus side i did unlock & craft the machine gun, working on leveling it now to get improved subsistence & frenzy $$.

I still have yet to get the AR from the wellspring and only one nade launcher. Im stuck on the quest to craft them to continue. Cant even do the exotic glave quest until I advance that further. I hope this patch finally fixes it so I can continue.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
In the beginning days of expansion when we were all farming the funnelwebs, or most people that knew about it in the 2 chest farm, shit I think im like lv 50 with him now or close to it. Each chest gave you 200 rep and it was at least 40-50 chests per hour.

I still have yet to get the AR from the wellspring and only one nade launcher. Im stuck on the quest to craft them to continue. Cant even do the exotic glave quest until I advance that further. I hope this patch finally fixes it so I can continue.

is that whats going in today? i was hoping to grind a little bit of Wellspring for the sniper before reset today but apparently thats not going to happen

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honest with Fynch's rep farming, just throw on a combo detector mod on one of your Ghosts and just run around and grab every chest and harvestable you see, it goes quicker than you think if you are on a class with decent mobility.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honest with Fynch's rep farming, just throw on a combo detector mod on one of your Ghosts and just run around and grab every chest and harvestable you see, it goes quicker than you think if you are on a class with decent mobility.
I have not checked on the math but the levels and exp needed seem to be stagnant, ie it takes the same amount of exp to get from lv20 to 21 as it does for lv 1 to lv2.
And yeah its not that bad to get a few levels in a hour just running around with the wombo mod on your ghost and doing the public events when they are near.

BTW there was a few other chest farms around too but you needed deep sight 3 with some of them that would reveal hidden paths to chests and such. But they were all pretty much removed.