Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Fadaar

That guy
I remember the bitching the first week or so of this season how solar sucks..its not good like void was, the mods suck the builds suck...blah blah. It was all over reddit, post after post. After a few weeks when some builds came to fruition it was pretty apparent how OP solar is. Builds that literally make you undying all to but the very top content. Shit around you just burns and explodes. While I have not done any maths or anything like that DPS on bosses seems crazy. Skills hitting for 1/2 to 3/4 what a rocket hits for, then the singe on top of this..etc... I think this is why they upped the stakes on the new dungeon and made it harder.

I think the retarded resilience changes have had a big part to play in it too. Curious to see how the classes shake out next season when all the solar mods are gone. I think hunter and titan will be fine but warlock in general just isn't as good for solar. It's the only class I've gone back to void on.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why not warlock? I think I have my warlock at like 99 res. (Never really sought after RES armor until this season) There is still the heal mod on picking up wells so when the healing seasonal mod goes away we still have that. Of all 3 classes I kinda dislike the hunter the most with the solar changes. They just don't have that go to exotic that pairs really well with solar like the other classes do at least for pve. Ophidia maybe for double knives? Ive been using the vail but it really does not add anything to the solar side of things.

Thats another thing they really need to fix is the dumb way armor tiers work. If I have 99 res it should be more than the 90. And so on. Every point should count on a 1-100 scale, not like they have every 10.

Fadaar

That guy
Why not warlock? I think I have my warlock at like 99 res. (Never really sought after RES armor until this season) There is still the heal mod on picking up wells so when the healing seasonal mod goes away we still have that. Of all 3 classes I kinda dislike the hunter the most with the solar changes. They just don't have that go to exotic that pairs really well with solar like the other classes do at least for pve. Ophidia maybe for double knives? Ive been using the vail but it really does not add anything to the solar side of things.

Thats another thing they really need to fix is the dumb way armor tiers work. If I have 99 res it should be more than the 90. And so on. Every point should count on a 1-100 scale, not like they have every 10.

Young Ahamkara's Spine is what I've settled on. Melee dodge and tripmine grenade. Super is your choice, can really run any of the three but I went with Blade Barrage. One positive about the way I have my build setup is it doesn't matter which slots have which armor element, really just need the two solar and one arc. I would recommend void gloves for the Focusing Strike mod, it just kinda helps keep the train going. I know that Powerful Friends isn't doing anything other than +20 mobility since I don't have any Charged With Light gaining capability, I just wanted the extra stats. Could get rid of Wrath of Rasputin and put Elemental Light on instead. Warmind cells are just so common with this build I think it outweighs not having CWL. Another thing would be dropping Wrath or Powerful Friends for Elemental Ordnance for more wells. Honestly mods for this build are pretty fuckin wide open, could do whatever.

1111.png

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I remember the bitching the first week or so of this season how solar sucks..its not good like void was, the mods suck the builds suck...blah blah. It was all over reddit, post after post. After a few weeks when some builds came to fruition it was pretty apparent how OP solar is. Builds that literally make you undying all to but the very top content. Shit around you just burns and explodes. While I have not done any maths or anything like that DPS on bosses seems crazy. Skills hitting for 1/2 to 3/4 what a rocket hits for, then the singe on top of this..etc... I think this is why they upped the stakes on the new dungeon and made it harder.

Destiny community in a nutshell. Thinks new stuff is trash, months later everyone realizes the potential. Happened with warmind cells, elemental wells, void 3 and now solar 3.

PVE-wise hunters have a ton of options right now but if you just want to dump damage the Star Eaters with Blade Barrage is the play.

Fadaar

That guy
Hunter getting a ranged arc super is enough to make the whole season worth it. Only subclass I actively avoided because of that shit.

Last edited:

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definitely nice to see them add a super option for Hunters, will probably hop back on mine just to play around with it. Most likely still going to stick with Warlock for my main, and eventually I need to actually play a Titan, never touched it in D1 and I've barely dabbled in D2. I really really hope they keep adding to each subclass, the 3.0 reworks are a fantastic start, but really want to see them ramp up adding new supers, fragments, all of it. Pretty sure they are going to expand with new Darkness sub classes next, but would really like to see them tighten up the Light classes, and at least one or two new bits with each xpac/dlc going forward.

They've kind of dropped off a cliff with wrapping up season stories, you finish up the story like half way through the season, get weeks of nothing, and then an anemic fart at the end.... I know they decided against doing the live events because of complaints and issues with servers holding up, but the fact they just ditched the idea of a build up to a big event to pull you into the next season altogether feels like a mistake. No reason you can't instance that in a mission like they did leading up to Witch Queen release. Hoping this massive injection of Sony money gives them what they need to put some more meat on things.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I play all 3 but my fave all time is Titan by far. Maybe they are the slowest, the clunkiest, but for me it just fits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am also a Titan main and Arc was always my favorite - looking forward to see how the new 3.0 plays but it sure sounds good.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
All expansions are free right now, on all platforms (now including Epic) for the next week.

Also, Bungie announced sunsetting is going away forever. Lightfall is bringing in game LFG tools, loadout + mod manager. New subclass turns you into Spiderman. Neptunians are humans that survived the original collapse and rebuilt a hidden society. Their guardians shorten their own lives to around "a decade" to have boosted power and protect their people. Apparently our guardian will be the first person to unlock the new Strand power, no one will be teaching it to us.

Also Kings Fall returns on Friday.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All expansions are free right now, on all platforms (now including Epic) for the next week.

Also, Bungie announced sunsetting is going away forever. Lightfall is bringing in game LFG tools, loadout + mod manager. New subclass turns you into Spiderman. Neptunians are humans that survived the original collapse and rebuilt a hidden society. Their guardians shorten their own lives to around "a decade" to have boosted power and protect their people. Apparently our guardian will be the first person to unlock the new Strand power, no one will be teaching it to us.

Also Kings Fall returns on Friday.

When do the xpacs become free? Steam isn't showing them to be so right now.

Edit: Looks like the only free thing is on Epic, and its some 30th Anniversary Edition, not really sure what exactly is in that other than base D2, no mention of the xpacs.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The 30th anniversary pack includes Dares of Eternity (6 player) content which is a bunch of Halo and Marathon inspired items and an optional dungeon through which you obtain Gjallarhorn which is still very good. The other expansions being free for a week isn't significant for story missions but because it can allow people to get some exotics that would otherwise be locked behind paywalls and are generally pretty easy to get.

Fadaar

That guy
The 30th anniversary pack includes Dares of Eternity (6 player) content which is a bunch of Halo and Marathon inspired items and an optional dungeon through which you obtain Gjallarhorn which is still very good.

on that same note the Dares/Xur weapons are craftable now. got two deepsight BXR's from one run so seems like it won't be too hard to get the recipe.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I really haven't played Destiny in years, and figured I would knock out some campaigns 'for free', but why did I get a set of 1540 Dreaming City-themed armor / assorted weapons? Do they have return boosts depending on what expansions you've bought in the past (if any?)