Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dungeon was so much better than the last one (Duality). Less bugs, no stupid timers, and it didn’t feel so frantic. I dunno what word to use but Duality I felt like I was constantly running around on the verge of dying, Spire I didn’t. I also love shorter mechanics to get to dps phases. Cailatl took forever to get to the dps phase and then she’d bug out or something dumb would happen with the bells and you’d have to go back and do it all again to try and get a legit dps phase in. Awful

Fadaar

That guy
I never did Duality. Did Spire day one totally blind and it was fun figuring out mechanics even if they were relatively simple. Overall it's a fun dungeon but bosses have a shitload more health than older dungeons, boss fights are a tad too long. Still think Prophecy is my favorite.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Seems like this whole season is a bit overtuned. The seasonal activity is fucking frustrating. I mean its not hard its just that everyone dies like 10 times during boss phase. They throw too many overtuned mobs at you at once. Last season was cool. the 6 man was fun and the 3 man was fun as well. But this season something is jsut out of whack. Kinda reminds me of the season they brought out the void rework, forgot the name, but that shit was a bit overtuned too, well overtuned until everyone figured out the builds with void explosions everywhere.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seasonal activity you are always -5 or -10 light to the mobs no matter what. Maybe that’s part of what’s causing it to feel overtuned to you?

Fadaar

That guy
Nah as WQ seasons have progressed content has gotten more and more difficult. I think they went easy with first season and ramped it up a lot in Haunted (Duality mostly) and Seraph. Plunder wasn't too bad once you grinded enough LL to not get assfucked by Master Ketchcrash. The LL deficit settings can be overbearing at times, as seen with day 1 raids (Contest Mode) and GM nightfalls. Personally I kind of like it, I don't find normal Heists to be that bad as long as you stay mobile and carve out a spot to heal up. Legend though is a little obnoxious, I hate when your damage output is reduced to GM levels. I wanna blast through shit dammit, there's a reason I grind my LL up to at least +15 every season.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I hear you guys about bosses becoming bullet sponges but the Spire boss has also been one phased solo.

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does it make sense to get into Destiny right now? Or should I wait for the expansion to hit?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Does it make sense to get into Destiny right now? Or should I wait for the expansion to hit?
Its always a good time to begin. There is so much shit to do and grind for. Also this current season just began a few weeks ago.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Good time imo, prob want to catch up on seasonal content and exotics now before you have to buy them from the kiosk once Lightfall hits

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff

It's basically always a good time but if you don't have a friend to play with and show you the ropes you're gonna feel lost as fuck.

Also a bunch of the UI is getting redone in 2 months.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Everyones (well reddit says so) hating on the new IB, yet like 35% of all Destiny people playing right now... I rather enjoy this new mode plus SBMM.

1673231817869.png

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Did the 2x reset grind for the IB shader in three days. All 18 matches for the pinnacles on each character left me around rank 33 of 40 needed. I had 34 total wins. At full multiplier (11x after completing four challenges, wearing 5 IB items + emblem) you will end up with +330 points after each win.

The new mode is actually fun, but Bungie's decision to force void/stasis for the pinnacle drops made it a nightmare. If there are 3+ bubble titans in the game you better hope they're on your team. Most people don't understand how to counter a bubble so they'll blow a super to get 2 kills in moments that mean nothing rather than saving it for a moment that can turn a game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Lots of streamlining being done in Lightfall including NO MORE ARMOR OR MOD ENERGY TYPES.

Edit - This is one of the biggest QOL updates that D2 has ever seen btw.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
all mods available to everyone and no element restrictions, almost like they should have done this shit years ago

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Starting next week blues will also auto decrypt to glimmer once you reach the soft cap. About time we got that QoL update since it disappeared after the final year of D1.

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's basically always a good time but if you don't have a friend to play with and show you the ropes you're gonna feel lost as fuck.

Also a bunch of the UI is getting redone in 2 months.
So I dove in, and have been having a good time figuring shit out on my Warlock.

You were right, though - feeling lost as fuck. Thats fine by me, however. The game is interesting and good fun.

If anyone wants to shoot things up, I’m down, but be warned that I’m pretty noob, far from geared/optimized and am a console pleb! (PSN: RatamaDK)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This game was never really good at explaining things or showing you where to go. Also some of the UI elements are lacking too. But dont worry you will get it eventually. If you have any questions post them here and well answer. Most of us here are Destiny veterans, for me all the way back to Destiny 1.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Fired this up the other day for the first time in forever and guess I went through the Witch Queen opening mission(?) on legendary. Wasn't too bad. Should I bother picking up the witch queen dlc or just jump into the newest?