Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
why did I get a set of 1540 Dreaming City-themed armor / assorted weapons? Do they have return boosts depending on what expansions you've bought in the past (if any?)

Just a bonus set to help people get back into the game.

Fadaar

That guy
I really haven't played Destiny in years, and figured I would knock out some campaigns 'for free', but why did I get a set of 1540 Dreaming City-themed armor / assorted weapons? Do they have return boosts depending on what expansions you've bought in the past (if any?)

Probably depends on what your LL was. Mine was all 1570 but.... I was already 1570 on all three classes since I'm active. With 1580 being the pinnacle cap for the season it was basically just infusion fodder.

edit: lol glad I did my lost sector farming yesterday to get the new hunter chest while abusing grenade launcher damage. them shits gonna be disabled til Tuesday more than likely.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dont get me wrong, still like Destiny, shit i think I have like 1300 hours or some shit. But IMO season to season its just too formulaic at this point. Do a quest, do a few 3 man or 6 man seasonal activity, then weekly lockout hits. Rinse and repeat all 3 characters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
The real question is when are they going to ever add a solid new/returning player experience with all the additions and removal of content.

I hate how unstructured it is just plopping back in despite how much fun I have playing the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The real question is when are they going to ever add a solid new/returning player experience with all the additions and removal of content.

I hate how unstructured it is just plopping back in despite how much fun I have playing the game.

If I'm being completely honest I wouldn't expect a revamped new player experience until the Final Shape launch/year. Along with it I would expect a removal of the leveling system in general. FS being the end of the saga, with more to come after confirmed, makes it a good time to reboot the starter experience.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Bungie has made some historically bad decisions with Destiny...starting with splitting the player base and making Destiny 2 and more recently vaulting years worth of content.

The player experience is a train-wreck, as far as understanding wtf is going on, and for existing players who stopped playing a few seasons back who return, they log into a cinematic that they likely have no clue what its referencing, followed by immediately going into a mission they likely aren't prepared to do. I can't understand what the strategy is.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I hadn't purchased any expansions since Forsaken, so I:

Booted into the 'Hive Queen now has ghosts!'... but exited out to fiddle with drivers, and came back to forcibly be in a different mission where
Apparently Ikora is dead and I am following her ghost or regrets or something around on Calus' ship? Well, Season 18 starts tomorrow, no point doing more missions until then, so...
Some fallen I don't know has broken out of being petrified? Okay? Then start working on the Moon expansion, where
I meet said fallen.

So yeah, any years long narrative that people could experience with any number and duration of gaps will always be hard to portray in-game, and honestly a condensed version of their animations they used to have seems to be the better path.

I have to wonder if this isn't my general issue with later Destiny 2 - the storyline has devolved into 'This expansion, existing faction X has now been corrupted by ancient force Y, and therefore glows in color Z', and since they may have to reuse any faction in a given expansion, the playerbase is forced to get all the information on all the factions and ancient forces and colors.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Yeah, I hadn't purchased any expansions since Forsaken, so I:

Booted into the 'Hive Queen now has ghosts!'... but exited out to fiddle with drivers, and came back to forcibly be in a different mission where
Apparently Ikora is dead and I am following her ghost or regrets or something around on Calus' ship? Well, Season 18 starts tomorrow, no point doing more missions until then, so...
Some fallen I don't know has broken out of being petrified? Okay? Then start working on the Moon expansion, where
I meet said fallen.

So yeah, any years long narrative that people could experience with any number and duration of gaps will always be hard to portray in-game, and honestly a condensed version of their animations they used to have seems to be the better path.

I have to wonder if this isn't my general issue with later Destiny 2 - the storyline has devolved into 'This expansion, existing faction X has now been corrupted by ancient force Y, and therefore glows in color Z', and since they may have to reuse any faction in a given expansion, the playerbase is forced to get all the information on all the factions and ancient forces and colors.

The writing has always been really bad, which is surprising as Halo started out fantastic. Once I saw terms like 'Guardians', 'The Light', 'The Darkness', 'The Fallen', etc. I knew the writers were mailing it in.

Don't get me wrong, I want to like Destiny 2 and play it from time to time, but its so poorly managed in so many ways. Still has some great PvP though.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
If you're new, or coming back into the game (and especially if you're Australian), add Ravage#5200 to your friends list and you can hit me up anytime.

While Destiny 2 has it's problems, I feel that speed is the primary problem with the game. It's not foremost an issue with the speed at which shit gets thrown at you, but at the speed players want to play at. EVERYTHING is a rush. A rush to unlock guns, abilities and content, it's even present at how people run raids and Strikes.

Relax.

Ikora wasn't the phantom you followed around, it's Zavala's dead wife. The personification of his regret, loss and helplessness.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
If you're new, or coming back into the game (and especially if you're Australian), add Ravage#5200 to your friends list and you can hit me up anytime.

While Destiny 2 has it's problems, I feel that speed is the primary problem with the game. It's not foremost an issue with the speed at which shit gets thrown at you, but at the speed players want to play at. EVERYTHING is a rush. A rush to unlock guns, abilities and content, it's even present at how people run raids and Strikes.

Relax.

Ikora wasn't the phantom you followed around, it's Zavala's dead wife. The personification of his regret, loss and helplessness.
The writing has always been really bad, which is surprising as Halo started out fantastic. Once I saw terms like 'Guardians', 'The Light', 'The Darkness', 'The Fallen', etc. I knew the writers were mailing it in.

Don't get me wrong, I want to like Destiny 2 and play it from time to time, but its so poorly managed in so many ways. Still has some great PvP though.
I would completely disagree; I think early on, the writing and world building was excellent. While there are some broad-stroke similarities to Halo, Destiny obliviously is very different. I think one of the things Bungie has always done well is the narrative/world building; Myth:TFL, Marathon, Halo, etc.

I think the season-to-season Live Service nature of having to maintain that narrative in a soap opera manner has taxed them beyond their abilities, though, and its suffered in its longevity. They have made some story decisions over time I absolutely disagree with completely as well. We'll see how they wrap it up. I still enjoy coming back to play it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Kings Fall mechanics update is exactly what the raid needed. 16 fucking hours it took us. Spent another 3 or 4 on challenges but couldn't manage the rotation on Warpriest.

1661799446113.png

Ran it back yesterday and shit on everything, lol. Still a fun raid though. Feels similar to how Crown did.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
My brothers and I playing last night. For some reason, this game always tries to throw in some obstacle at the very end of a phase.
This is just the Duality dungeon. We were cruising along, last damage phase to win. Should have been easy. But we cross over to the upside down world, and both my brothers instantly die to random game whatever. Sniper, and killed by the architects. I was able to rez, stun the boss, and we got the win. It wasn't super amazing but a fun gaming moment for me.

• 2Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Bought Witch Queen finally and just finished campaign on legendary. That last fight can ligma as I think it took me 30 tries, but it was pretty fun overall. Probably poopsock for a week and then quit until the next one drops. =D

• 2Like